First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Mgmt
While the jury is still out on how well Chemical Guys’ wax, polishes, and other detailing products work over time (long time Meguiar’s fan), this wash mit simply rocks for large SUVs and our trucks. It was amazing how much it cut down the time spent washing my truck yesterday. Their “Black” microfiber towels I received in the Black Light & wax kit were also fantastic for buffing out the wax. Super soft. I’ve always used the large pack of yellow microfiber towels from Costco but from now on they’ll only be used for interior detailing - at best...

BTW, I’m in no way promoting or receiving any commissions from Chemical Guys. I’m simply sharing what’s working for me.

cheers.

Ford F-150 Two-Bucket Wash Method 535A5D50-B7DF-48AE-AB2B-8796916E7625
Sponsored

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I started out with the foam cannon and leaf blower, but now I'm having concrete and stone work done at the house. My driveway is dirt and it's dusty all the time. I broke down and I'm using Johnny Clean Car Wash and the ultimate pkg with unlimited washes. After the blowers finish and I roll out it just takes a lint free cloth and a little detail spray bottle for the outside. Vacuum hoses on either side and little interior spray and wipe. I'm done in 15 minutes guys.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
@Draw007 that just looks like a rebranded Rag Company wash mit. I have 2 and they are great.

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I support autogeek every chance I get. I don’t buy from Amazon or Walmart etc not even autozone. The wash mit posted above is what I use, but a different brand(whatever auto geek sells) I have 3 of them. I pressure wash any big crud off, then I wash the truck using either Gyeon soap or optimum products. Always wash top down, then rinse each section as I go. I keep all surfaces wet to avoid water spots. After I’m done rinsing I dry in a 2 pass method, first is with microfiber waffle weave towel then second pass is griots garage PFM towel(it’s pricy but it’s amazing I’ve never found one better), after I’m done hand drying I’ll take the exhaust of my shop vac and blow the water out from under the door handles, and mirrors and redry any water that blows out. If my truck is no longer beading water I’ll apply Sonax PNS, this is a synthetic sealant, I get 4-6 months out of this and can just reapply it. I’m not a fan of ceramic, while ceramic can make cleaning easier(so does the PNS), when ceramic is done/worn out you have to polish the whole vehicle and recoat it. With the size of a truck polishing and recoating is an all day event. I don’t polish my truck unless the paint feels like it needs it. If it feels like it needs it have a whole process for this also.
Truck for reference after a bath and drying.
Ford F-150 Two-Bucket Wash Method A17FADDF-DFAF-4C2A-AE2A-E11E4991C972

Ford F-150 Two-Bucket Wash Method 199F4BD1-A0E0-4EEA-B6B5-595BD13B1D28

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
2 bucket wash method is outdated. Folks do one wash soap bucket with 5+ separate wash mitts. It is much more convenient than the 2 bucket wash method. This is just my 2 cents..
this be the way👆

Sponsored

Jersey devil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
What do you guys do for washing the roof ? Using a step ladder or something else or just using the running boards ?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
I have a step stool to clean the roof. It's 3 steps, could use a 4th for better reach, but I can get everything as it is.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
I use the steps Steps. I divide it into 4ths, getting as much as I can of the roof standing in front of each door. From the bed would probably make it go faster but I don't have a tri fold that folds up to let me stand right up against the cab and I don't feel like taking the thing off. I have the pano roof so I don't worry about hitting the glass until I use glass cleaner later which saves time on the roof.
Sponsored