First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
The trans does NOT learn your driving habits.

This transmission is used in how many vehicles? Ranger, F150, SuperDuty, Mustang, Bronco. How many different engines is that?

It adapts to the vehicle and engine. Not you. Give it at LEAST 500 miles.
I'm at 8k now... Still shudders and is getting worse. Must be learning my vehicle using common core methods
Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I'm at 8k now... Still shudders and is getting worse. Must be learning my vehicle using common core methods
8k, time for dealer. Might be update for it that needs downloaded.

OP
OP

Bullett

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX, 2016 Accord Touring
Occupation
Accountant
Not sure if you read through this entire thread or not, but I've taken it to the dealer 6 or 7 times now since new. I've requested a buy back which was denied as Ford is stating this shudder is as designed. I asked Ford to send an engineer out to drive my truck and his recommendation was to lockout gears 8-10 for a more comfortable ride. I'm glad I didn't pay for one of the trims that have the massaging seats. I get my back rubbed for free every time the truck shakes

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
8k, time for dealer. Might be update for it that needs downloaded.
My dealer said there is nothing they can do since it's not producing any errors.

They are waiting on Ford to provide guidance and right now that guidance is "its normal".

Sponsored

Chase

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XL 3.5 Ecoboost
Have posted a few times too about the same 8, 9 and 10 issue. Have had the truck in the shop 3 times and the third time they flashed the table (Fords recommendation to the dealer) and it was good for a few hundred miles. 10 months of ownership and approaching 10k miles and same ole shudder at highway speed under light acceleration and hills. Have tried 93 on a few tanks and it definitely makes it better but refuse to accept that bandaid. Waiting for Ford to come out with a “fix”. It helps knowing there are a ton of trucks out there like this. Will be letting go of this vibrating beast just before warranty is up for another brand if they can’t figure it out and will never buy another Ford product.

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercab Sport
Occupation
Operations Manager
I really hope Ford sees this. There is a significant inherent flaw in these vehicles. I want to support Ford. I want to continue with F150s but can't if these issues are not resolvable.

Last edited:

bam2880

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
Where do you guys feel the vibration at in your trucks?

Tsuga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 xlt
Where do you guys feel the vibration at in your trucks?
The vibration usually occur between 60 to 80 mph and when you accelerate or going up on an incline. The steeper the incline, the more vibration.
The sensation feels like your ran over a rumble strip or a low grade misfire. It is all over the truck.

Sponsored

Tsuga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 xlt
My dealer said there is nothing they can do since it's not producing any errors.

They are waiting on Ford to provide guidance and right now that guidance is "its normal".
I don’t even know how they can straight face saying “it’s normal”? If that is the case, everyone on this forum would complain. The fact that some are saying their truck ride smooth as butter, tells us it’s not normal.
We need someone who has a Ford IDS or FDRS to turn off the adaptive learning and see if that stops it.

Last edited:

bam2880

First Name
brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 f150
Ya you would think if they all did it then more people would complain. If you drop it down a gear or use sport mode does it still do it?

Tsuga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 xlt
Ya you would think if they all did it then more people would complain. If you drop it down a gear or use sport mode does it still do it?
I tried sport mode this morning and it is the same. You would have to drop down to at least the 7th gear. Some have said the 6th gear.

Jdc4216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat
Are u guys experiencing rough down shifts? Especially fifth or fourth to third and 10-9? Plus the tranny shutter?

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercab Sport
Occupation
Operations Manager
Yes, I feel it in 6th gear also. I have been playing around with this nightmare for the last 6000 miles. I've locked out everything down to 5th. I also get a rough downshift when stopping. I got the shudder this morning doing 40 on a smooth side road. I was running in 8th gear and went to pass a truck and felt the shudder. When cruising mine has a constant vibration. The ride is very rough.
Sponsored