Sponsored

Transmission "clunking" but only in Eco Mode?

ThyDayWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB Lariat 502A
I usually drive in Normal, but decided to put it in Eco mode to check it out and... what the heck? My truck started clunking on random upshifts and downshifts about every minute or two (mostly neighborhood driving). Put it in Normal and no issues... anyone experienced this? Tried searching forums but I think my terms are too generic...
Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Interesting. Mine is clunky in eco and normal. Don’t notice it on sport or tow though.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
My 2022 Powerboost is noticeably SMOOTHER in Eco than in Normal. Like everybody else, I wish we could set a default drive mode, though I'm not a fan of the green gage cluster 🤮.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I usually drive in Normal, but decided to put it in Eco mode to check it out and... what the heck? My truck started clunking on random upshifts and downshifts about every minute or two (mostly neighborhood driving). Put it in Normal and no issues... anyone experienced this? Tried searching forums but I think my terms are too generic...
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Jdc4216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat
I only drive in normal but my tranny is also very clunky on downshift especially when going into 3rd. It also skips 2nd 99% of the time on upshifts and downshifts. Kinda embarrassing to drive around my small town with a new truck and people look at you like ur an idiot for buying a new truck that clunks around.
Sponsored