Ticketed for parking my PowerBoost Hybrid in a Hybrid Spot

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
....You paid your gasoline taxes for the Powerboost. It is only the plug-in hybrids that bypass the tax-man, since they receive power from the electric grid...
True but that hasn't stopped many states from adding an annual registration hike for non-plug in hybrids. They feel they should get more money out of your hybrid wither it is plug in or not. They just want your cash.
Sponsored

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Wyoming proposed such a tax increase on all hybrids. I spoke up in their legislative committee hearing and showed that non-plug in hybrids are paying their taxes. The porposal was then changed to increase the tax only on plugin hybrids. So get involved and speak up.

OP
OP

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Finally heard back about my appeal today. Sounds like I should be in the clear, the woman said I can put a paper or something in the dash in the future to try and avoid the same situation again. She made it sound like this wasn’t the first time it’s happened…

She didn’t yet say I’m in the clear, because what she brought up was that only one of my tickets is supposedly for being in a hybrid spot, and the other one is apparently for being in an over height spot, which is baffling because it was in a regular area of the garage as far as height is concerned, and on the 6th floor where I don’t even know of any “over height” spots. As far as I know they’re only in the base level. The handwritten description on the ticket says “Over-H-Only” I asked are you sure they didn’t write that H to mean hybrid? She said that’s not what it means, who the hell knows. She then asked if it was in the same spot the whole time, I said yes of course, I was gone all week. She said they may want to see my itinerary, she’s going to now go back to the group that writes the tickets to see what the writing on the one ticket means.

Absolutely incredible how antiquated and broken some of these processes are. What a colossal waste of time for all parties involved.

Ave8ter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Mazda CX9, F-150 (on order)
Occupation
Retired
You need one of these!

IMG_4793.JPG
I bought them off of Amazon (sides also) so that all the Greenies in Ann Arbor don't bitch at my 6.5 bed. Ironically, I am kind of one as our other car is a Tesla M3 ( I don't bitch at others unless they try to ICE me).

HSV_MIkeJ

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.music-by-mike.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, SC Rapid Red
Occupation
DJ
Then you have jackasses do this...

PuOgdoj.jpg
Had someone do that to me once, so close I couldn't even get in on the driver's side, had to crawl across over the console. It had not been a good day and let's just say there were a few modifications made to the jerk's car before I climbed over the console to get in.

Sponsored

biggreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I thought I'd pass along a somewhat related story...

At work, there are a lot of reserved spaces right up front with a sign that says "Low emitting and Fuel Efficient Vehicles Only". I'm pretty new, but I've never seen all those reserved spots ever filled. I stopped at the front desk and asked security one day about a month ago "Is there a special permit or something for the reserved spots up front, or can I just park there if I drive a hybrid?" I was told no permits, feel free. Well this week I get a ring at my desk phone.

Them: This is security, do you drive a blue Ford truck?
Me: Yes, why? Did something happen to it?
Them: No sir, we've had a complaint that you're parked in a spot reserved for low emitting vehicles. Are you aware those spots are reserved?
Me: Yes.
Them: Oh, is the truck electric?
Me: It's a hybrid.
Them Oh. Sorry to bother you then. Have a nice day.

I'm sure some Tesla or Prius owner was in an outrage that someone with a big truck was parking in the special spots that are only reserved for them! What's even more funny is that we don't have parking permits and my name obviously isn't on my truck, so they must have actually run my license plate, cross referenced that with the employee database, and looked up my internal number in order to call me and apologize for bothering me!

I think it's a funny story, but it does have me thinking about adding some "hybrid" badges or something to maybe prevent it from happening again. Unless someone knows Ford's F150 nomenclature, it's not obvious that "Powerboost" means hybrid.

artwolf

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost King Ranch 601A
Where I am it is 32 dollars if you want the option of covered parking and not having to wait in the cold for a shuttle.. There is always an economy lot for the scum of the earth to park in at 20 dollars a day.
😜
That's crazy! Here in Houston I pay about $6.75 for covered parking, and I thought I was getting ripped off. It's up from $5.50. And if I take the wife's C-Max Energi (PHEV), they have free charging.

artwolf

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost King Ranch 601A
But rest assured, that the government will find a way to take more of our hard earned money.
Remember, there only three things that are guaranteed: You're going to pay taxes; you're going to die; and then you're going to pay more taxes.

OP
OP

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I thought I'd pass along a somewhat related story...

At work, there are a lot of reserved spaces right up front with a sign that says "Low emitting and Fuel Efficient Vehicles Only". I'm pretty new, but I've never seen all those reserved spots ever filled. I stopped at the front desk and asked security one day about a month ago "Is there a special permit or something for the reserved spots up front, or can I just park there if I drive a hybrid?" I was told no permits, feel free. Well this week I get a ring at my desk phone.

Them: This is security, do you drive a blue Ford truck?
Me: Yes, why? Did something happen to it?
Them: No sir, we've had a complaint that you're parked in a spot reserved for low emitting vehicles. Are you aware those spots are reserved?
Me: Yes.
Them: Oh, is the truck electric?
Me: It's a hybrid.
Them Oh. Sorry to bother you then. Have a nice day.

I'm sure some Tesla or Prius owner was in an outrage that someone with a big truck was parking in the special spots that are only reserved for them! What's even more funny is that we don't have parking permits and my name obviously isn't on my truck, so they must have actually run my license plate, cross referenced that with the employee database, and looked up my internal number in order to call me and apologize for bothering me!

I think it's a funny story, but it does have me thinking about adding some "hybrid" badges or something to maybe prevent it from happening again. Unless someone knows Ford's F150 nomenclature, it's not obvious that "Powerboost" means hybrid.
I agree with the badging. I fully understand why they didn’t cover it in hybrid logos, but there could have been a little something somewhere, maybe in the tailgate, that indicated it’s a hybrid for all these types of situations.

Sponsored

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
Then you have jackasses do this...

PuOgdoj.jpg
Where I am from we call this a drug deal. The Cruz is the dealer and some punk kid with a smattering of neck beard is gonna roll down that vette window any minute and pass some cash over. :ROFLMAO:

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
No ticket for me, but we were in Jackson Hole, WY and they had hybrid parking spots by all of the restaurants/shopping.

We got several snide remarks, including one lady ranting about me "Being a typical Texan who doesn't care about the environment" and multiple people "trucks can't park there". Who knows what was said or done when I wasn't around.

I finally just stopped parking there for fear that some crunchy social justice warrior would key my truck.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
No ticket for me, but we were in Jackson Hole, WY and they had hybrid parking spots by all of the restaurants/shopping.

We got several snide remarks, including one lady ranting about me "Being a typical Texan who doesn't care about the environment" and multiple people "trucks can't park there". Who knows what was said or done when I wasn't around.

I finally just stopped parking there for fear that some crunchy social justice warrior would key my truck.
Sadly the vast majority of self appointed pseudo-eco warriors out there have absolutely no clue that the PB is a full hybrid. Some would definitely show their immense tolerance for others by scrawling some wonderful love letters in the paint of the truck.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A

You certainly aren't in the wrong, but I believe your fear is fully justified

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired

I park far away just because my truck is so large. Also, I can hang my hitch over grass somewhere.
Sponsored