The single cab club!

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
Baby steps on accessories today. Went out and installed my led license plate bulbs. Looks so much better in my opinion. Why ford took them away I'll never understand. Do they own sylvania or something?

That's what I went with were the sylvania mini led 194's. Same size as the regular bulb I took out according to my very accurate measurement. (looking at side x side)

I also installed from the top because I couldn't see my fat butt rolling around on the garage floor;
Used a plastic trim removal tool and gently worked the square housing out. I started on the side then pushed the top tab down and easy peasy there it is.

Make sure you try them before putting back in. Good thing I don't gamble because I figure I had a 50/50 chance on each side but I ended up having to turn both bulbs around so they would work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I got ambitious. Here's a pic in the dark.

What's everyone holding their plates on with? Two self tapping screws? That I'm hoping are in the glovebox.

Ford F-150 The single cab club! IMG_20220216_184203921

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Only picture of a new clean cover I will ever have. Left the truck place and drove 40 miles in a snow storm to get home. What a MESS! It was like taking your life in your hands with those pirelli tires...

Ford F-150 The single cab club! IMG_20220217_140621462

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Only picture of a new clean cover I will ever have. Left the truck place and drove 40 miles in a snow storm to get home. What a MESS! It was like taking your life in your hands with those pirelli tires...

IMG_20220217_140621462.jpg
Yeah, shocked those are on a 4x4. Maybe only tires Ford can get in bulk with tire shortage Im reading about?

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yeah, shocked those are on a 4x4. Maybe only tires Ford can get in bulk with tire shortage Im reading about?
The Goodyear Wrangler fortitude I think that was on my 15 was a lot better tire and it was a highway tire.

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
The single cab makes for an amazing little "hot rod" if you go that route.

The options are VERY limited though but the way people are talking about the 5.0 tossing around their "extra cab & 4-doors" I have to imagine that a properly outfitted RCSB with the coyote has to just be a squirrelly little monster!

"I" however am going Off Road with mine.

I'm looking forward to that 122" wheelbase, lifted ONLY enough to get some good tread under it. Keeping that center of gravity as low as possible.

FORD is AWESOME!
Main reason I ordered what i did. Prefer regular cabs. No need for a back seat. And want nothing to do with lane assist and all that junk.

Just wish i could have got around the chrome bumper. When i ordered my 2014 F150 reg cab, the STX option was available which included body color bumpers

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Main reason I ordered what i did. Prefer regular cabs. No need for a back seat. And want nothing to do with lane assist and all that junk.

Just wish i could have got around the chrome bumper. When i ordered my 2014 F150 reg cab, the STX option was available which included body color bumpers
Sadly, ford hostage has been gone a while. Unless he reincarnates some day with a different account.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I'm going to be going nuts before mine ever gets here.. I'm like a kid in a candy shop looking at all the things I think I want/need which to be honest stock would probably be perfectly fine. But.........

I seem to be stuck on skid plates but I'm pretty sure there isn't any rocky mountainous trails here in corn country. And I'm pretty sure I won't be playing in the mud like I used to do in my youth.

I think I should just go for comfort. And maybe speed. No wait... I've been down the speed road too. No matter what you build someone somewhere is faster.

vicious circle
3 months after my ordered 2014 F150 was delivered, i was heading down I90 to work.

Ran over a brass buss bar that was kicked up by the car in front of me.

Soon after noticed the fuel needle slowly heading in the wrong direction.
Yup, bus bar stuck in gas tank.

I have ordered or installed skid plates since 2014.

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Coming up on five months of ownership on June 8th and 3100 miles so I thought I'd give a little review of my experiences.

I've read about a lot of different items people have been experiencing and knock on wood I haven't found any problems so far.

I know a lot of it is probably due to my truck being a single cab so there is less stuff to go wrong but I did option it pretty much with everything I could get.

I did think I had found a glitch in the software at one point but that turned out to be my fault for not knowing exactly how the adaptive cruise and the sign reading worked. To clue you in don't set the tolerance to 18 mph and then hit the resume because next thing you know you're going 88 mph on the interstate thinking thoughts of back to the future.........

So after figuring that out I do use it a lot just because I like the fact that it will read the sign and slow the cruise down to just 3mph over which is a much better setting than 18.

I do wish it had either better cameras or maybe resolution on the center screen for the 360 view. Or maybe my eyes just aren't what they used to be.

I used to be a quality control road test inspector when Mitsubishi had their plant in Normal IL. (Rivian now) So I have looked the paint over pretty good and I have found one minuscule defect on the drivers side edge of the hood almost under the radius and it's not noticeable enough to warrant any repair because it would break the factory clear and it's never the same when that is done in my opinion.

Surprisingly there is no orange peel either. Very good paint job in my opinion.

It does have rust on the rear end but I don't find myself crawling around on the floor so it doesn't get noticed too much. Maybe I'll talk someone into spraying some black rust paint on it at some point but it spends most of it's time in the garage so not a big worry.

I would ding ford for the tires they put on these. Basically a highway tire and I have hydroplaned in the rain when you have standing water in the tire tracks of the crummy Illinois highways. Snow they are useless too.

Would I do it again? I'm not sure. I have done a build and price with my exact options with the current pricing and it's over $50,000 sticker which is nuts for a two door truck that you can't get a lot of the desirable options on. (12 inch screen, heated steering wheel, sliding back glass, leather, etc.)

I hope that when it comes time to trade it will have some value left because I would do business with Granger Ford again. Like I had read in another post somewhere they are an example of what every car buying experience should be like.

So to the other regular cab owners, similar experience?

Clew150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT RCSB
This is mine, i have a vas 3/5 drop and everything works fine. To me the 3/5 drop is perfect for these trucks.

A85A273D-078C-441F-9864-2153448694D1.jpeg
I cant decide to go 2/4 or 3/5. Some dealerships have done a "lightning" build with a 2/4 and it looks great....I bought a truck to ride higher than a car so going all the way down to 3/5 I just dont know.

Sponsored

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wow, you starting a collection? How low did you go? I kind of held back because I didn't want to buy new rims and tires and was worried about how the adaptive cruise would be affected but your truck looks good with the factory rims/tires.

Other than the work truck having less options has ford fixed anything like the door fit on the 23 or is it the same?
You swap the grill on the 22 or have it painted?

I've just been driving mine. Have had it since 2/8/22 and when I had the oil changed the other day it had 11,000 miles already. (3rd oil change) I told myself I was going to have the oil changed in the spring to get rid of winter condensation. Guess time gets away from you when you get older.

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Wow, you starting a collection? How low did you go? I kind of held back because I didn't want to buy new rims and tires and was worried about how the adaptive cruise would be affected but your truck looks good with the factory rims/tires.

Other than the work truck having less options has ford fixed anything like the door fit on the 23 or is it the same?
You swap the grill on the 22 or have it painted?

I've just been driving mine. Have had it since 2/8/22 and when I had the oil changed the other day it had 11,000 miles already. (3rd oil change) I told myself I was going to have the oil changed in the spring to get rid of winter condensation. Guess time gets away from you when you get older.
it was more luck than anything as I was sourcing a work vehicle I had been trying to lock in a Ram1500 because I have a few accessories to fit (smart cap, bed rails etc) and came across the XL in the dealer close to my house (It’s a 5.0 4x4 just like the.XLT). I’m currently removing all the mods (supercharger and drop kit) from the XLT as I’m probably going to sell it as I just don’t need two trucks.
The XLT is a 3/6 with airbags in the rear as they help with loads and towing and if I put a lot of air in them it will raise an inch or two.
I changed out the front grill to a plain grill but I’m switching it back soon as well.
‘No they haven't changed the doors, it’s still a bad fit but I also don’t have auto start/stop in either one so that’s a plus.

Im doing drop shackles on the XL and removing the axle blocks to give me about a 2.5” drop in the rear to level it and make it easier to load and unload. The purpose of the drop kit was purely functional as I have to load wheelchairs and lower makes it way easier.

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0
Checking in with my single cab XL. Still want to drop the rear a bit, I've got lowering shackles for the rear, hopefully that'll even it out some until I can do a full drop.

Ford F-150 The single cab club! 2

Ford F-150 The single cab club! 3

HoustonF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB 5.0
By the way, has anyone upgraded the speakers on these single cabs at all? Any idea if we have an amplifier and where it would be?
Sponsored