Teraflex Falcon vs Ford Performance Leveling Kit

AK Yeti

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150
Calling all users of either kit. I've scoured many forum links and posts and whatever vids I could find on the ole interweb. One common denominator- I feel nobody has truly captured the long-term ownership vibes for each of these kits. From my perspective, I'm wanting to know how these two leveling kits "level-up" in comparison with one another. There are a few pros and cons... Yes, on the Ford Performance kit if installed by your dealership they should honor the warranty coverage. Aside from that, there are endless possibilities on vehicle builds, but the most commonly asked are captured below. By summarizing these findings, my goal is to garner as much information as feasible to make a better educated decision for potential purchase in the near future.

I'm looking at this from a seat-of-the-pants perspective. Some questions I have you owners:
  1. Do you tow with your truck? (Please provide towed examples & tongue weights if available)
  2. What is your frequency of towing? (How often are you dragging something around per year)
  3. What road surfaces do you commonly drive on? (Pavement pounder, occasional dirt road, sand/snow/mixed conditions)
  4. What size tire/wheel combo? (OEM or aftermarket wheels/tires (AT or MT?) and respective size not concerned with wheel offset/tire rubbing)
  5. What is your OPINION? (This is subjective; see below for a key component to obtaining specific information.)
Ride Quality over stock. (Describe your seat of the pants perspective using the criteria Identified in 1-5 above)

Thank you in advance for helping myself and others whom may benefit from this data pool.
Ford F-150 Teraflex Falcon vs Ford Performance Leveling Kit Teraflex Falcon vs Ford Performance.PNG
Sponsored

OP
OP
AK Yeti

AK Yeti

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150
For video reference:

Teraflex Falcon links:

Testing the TeraFlex Falcon sport towing and hauling leveling suspension kit, how good is it? - YouTube

Falcon Shocks: Falcon vs. Stock - YouTube

Teraflex 05-04-32-400-002 Falcon Sport Tow/Haul Shock Absorber Leveling Kit - YouTube (see at 13:45)

DO NOT BUY FALCON SHOCKS! - YouTube (Can't be biased- this owner had issues. Maybe it's the lower mount grease zerk?)

Ford Performance links: (Note: On a quick search I was not able to locate any good videos with drivability reviews, only installation reviews. Please add links to support this coloration effort.)

Last edited:

Jmet8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Look up the back road driver on YouTube . Sam has a bunch of videos on this with a 21. He has the falcon kit And some other kinda leaf spring kit in back for towing so it doesn’t squat. You may be able to get some good info from there.

LCF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
Occupation
Union Laborer
Teraflex went to shit after they were bought out. Had the 3.3’s on my Mojave and had nothing but problems.

Keep in mind I was using them for what they were “designed “ for…50 mph plus on back roads….might hold up better on the road for normal driving.

Not sure if customer service got any better but they wouldn’t warranty mine after 4k miles.

Went with Fox 3.5’s and haven’t looked back.

OP
OP
AK Yeti

AK Yeti

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150
Look up the back road driver on YouTube . Sam has a bunch of videos on this with a 21. He has the falcon kit And some other kinda leaf spring kit in back for towing so it doesn’t squat. You may be able to get some good info from there.
I saw Sam's videos. The spring kit you're referring to is the RoadActive Suspension. RAS® Leaf Spring Helper | Made in America – RoadActive Suspension

I've tried their product in the past and was not happy with it. I came from F-350s which used to drag my toy hauler around. I've been down that road looking to soften up the ride before. On these two (2011 & 2018 F-350s) I had, I put on Carli 4-inch kit with King 2.5 piggy backs with full Deaver packs in the rear. They road better for day-to-day, but I had to add Carli's air bags with a cradle for heavy towing. They will be missed... :(
Ford F-150 Teraflex Falcon vs Ford Performance Leveling Kit F-350 2
Ford F-150 Teraflex Falcon vs Ford Performance Leveling Kit 1701019225330

Since I've sold my toy hauler, I no longer needed the F-350s with the 6.7 diesels; I went with a 2023 F-150. Ride quality is stellar on a 1/2-ton, however, I absolutely an NOT a fan of that rake- looks like a wedge of cheese rolling down the road. So, I'm after a leveling kit and wanted to compare the two posted in this thread. I do NOT haul heavy $hit any longer, rather I've lightened my setup which will work fine for my needs.

Ford F-150 Teraflex Falcon vs Ford Performance Leveling Kit F-350 1

Sponsored

OP
OP
AK Yeti

AK Yeti

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150
Teraflex went to shit after they were bought out. Had the 3.3’s on my Mojave and had nothing but problems.

Keep in mind I was using them for what they were “designed “ for…50 mph plus on back roads….might hold up better on the road for normal driving.

Not sure if customer service got any better but they wouldn’t warranty mine after 4k miles.

Went with Fox 3.5’s and haven’t looked back.
I had some Teraflex products for my XJ years ago. I did hear about them selling out, but now they're under new ownership and I have not heard anything bad about their warranty process.

On the Fox side of the house, I installed KORE Performance's Dodge Ram Lift Kits & Suspension Leveling Kits (koreperformance.com) and used their leveling kit on my 2018. With just daily driving, I blew seals on 3 out of 4 shocks and had to send to back (then onto Fox Racing) for repairs. Two of the shocks had to be replaced and one was rebuilt. Yes- they were the right shock triple-checked that. Because of this, I'm not truly a Fox fan. Furthermore, I went back to Carli for another 4-inch lift with the same King 2.5s & Deaver rear set up. Never had any issues.

So, this brings me full circle back to where this post originated. I'm looking for folks who own Teraflex Falcons and Ford Performance leveling kits owners to chime in...

Thanks for your commentary.

Supercub

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost 2022 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I can’t ofer anything on the Tera flex, but have experience with the Bilstein and Ford kits.
I had a 2016 F150 FX4 Lariet that I put the Bilstein 5100 (front and back) level set on and set it for 2’’. On that truck it was a world of difference in all areas. It was also within 1/2’’ of level. I sold that one. 20’’ wheels

The next one was a 2021 F150 FX4 Lariat hybrid. On this one I did the same using the 6112 set On the front and 5100 rear. The difference wasnt nearly as pronounced as the 2016, but being a hybrid and heavier the springs etc are different. I set this one down one notch and got within 3/4’’ of level with that. I still have that truck but keep it in the states. I did tow a 12x6 aluminum cargo trailer and a good amount of weight in the bed from Tacoma via Reno with it and no sag or issues of any kind. I would guess maybe 300 tongue load. 18’’ wheels

And finally, I have a 2022 F150 FX4 Lariat Powerboost here in Alaska. On that one I have the Ford kit. I set that one at the top notch and am within 1/2’’ of level. The ride was about the same as the 2021 but a bit stiffer as it has the Max tow package. In the states like nevada, it would be ideal, up here with he roads, winter, and temps it is a little stiff. If I get a wild hair, I may drop it one notch. 20’’ wheels.

In all cases, they all performed as expected, solid corners and firm rebound with no bouncing. I ran the 2022 up the highway with 4 drill presses, camp gear, 3 Wilton vices and tools spread between the 12x6 cargo trailer and the bed. Solid performance. The difference between the 2021 and the 2022 is a little stiffness but thats about it. And although not listed for the Powerboost, there is not fitting issues or problems, more a manufacturers decision not to go with two separate models applications or one size fits all. I see no issues and accept that.

a couple things to keep in mind, hybrids, max tow, regular tow, bed lengths, tire sizes, desired outcome all come into play.

Bcourt29

First Name
ROBERT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 3.5
I have the falcon leveling Kit for my 22 XLT. I have the 20 inch wheels that come with the appearance package. I also have installed RAS as additional assistance for towing. I set the leveling kit to 2.5” and it sits at 41” in the back and 40 “ in the front. I have RAS set to its highest setting. I think this really helps with the squatting while towing.

I tow every other month. We have a 7k trailer 30’ long. my payload is 1,750 lbs. I calculate I typically have about 1400 lbs of payload when we tow. My tongue weight is 940 lbs.

I’ve been very happy with the Falcon. Everyday day “sport” driving around town feels glued with little body roll. It’s stiffer than the fx4 shocks. While in towing mode it dampens more and there is very little bounce. It sits even at 40” while fully loaded. I dont push 65MPH and it’s been trips beach camping for us.
I don’t do an Baja style trips. Pavement driving yr round and some beach dunes while camping.

There is no more zero fitting on the shocks like older models. It’s maintenance free. 2 hrs and am very please with them. I’m only comparing them to the FX4 package from Ford. hope this helps.

OP
OP
AK Yeti

AK Yeti

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150
@Bcourt29
Thanks for information. I’m still on the fence with the Ford Performance (FP) and the Falcon leveling/tow kits. I need to make my decision before summer hits.

Cost wise, they’re both similarly priced. The Falcon’s have the ability to stiffen up the ride for towing- FP does not. I was originally planning on buying the FP’s for not voiding warranty, but I’d also be adding air bags with cradles. With the Falcons, I’m not sure if I’d need to waste the money? You said you have about 900+ lbs of tongue weight- granted you’re also using the leaf spring supports, but do you have any pics with that set up? Side profile would be nice.
Again- thanks for your time to provide me with adequate information 👍🏼

OP
OP
AK Yeti

AK Yeti

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150
I’m reviving this thread in hopes someone has new info that may be useful. I’m getting VERY close to making the purchase on the Falcon System. I got a smoking deal on some used Mickey Thompson Baja AT 295/70R18s. Less than 1K miles for under a $1,000.
I’ll be keeping my OEM wheels, adding the Falcon Tow/Haul leveling kit, Morimoto XB taillights, and a Rough Country high clearance front bumper.
Heard that removal of bumper and the Active Air Dam will throw a soft fault, but don’t know if that fault with be constantly visible (dash light) or will it be on/off per ignition cycle? IDK… I don’t have Forscan so I can’t tweak the programming like others w/o paying someone. Any suggestions on the above?
Sponsored