Sponsored

Sync always starts up on settings screen?

BritCanuck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4x4 2.7EB XLT SuperCab, 6.5Ft, 302a order
Occupation
Self Employed Photographer
Rather annoying behavior. Why doesn’t Sync start up on it’s last screen setting? I usually have it on my NAV but when I turn on my truck it always defaults to the settings screen.

Anyway of changing this?
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Mine does it every once in a while. I think it is due to not all modules starting up in the same sequence, for what ever reason. Then the Sync defaults to settings screen.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I agree with fordhouston. Mine never did this until one of the OTA updates. Sure wish they would have left that part the way it was .

Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I have had 3 OTA's since last August, and I don't remember when it started. I just hit the Audio button as that is usually what is on the main part of the screen.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
one of the most recent updates messed it up
I agree with fordhouston. Mine never did this until one of the OTA updates. Sure wish they would have left that part the way it was .
I have had 3 OTA's since last August, and I don't remember when it started. I just hit the Audio button as that is usually what is on the main part of the screen.

I question the determination that an updated caused it. My truck never received an update since the day it was born.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I remember reading on here, someplace a while ago, that it was start up timing of the modules. To me, it is not a issue, I just hit the audio button.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
When I got the truck it didn’t do. After OTA updates it does it. Not really sure what other conclusion I could draw.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
For what it is worth this started, and eventually was fixed, with OTA updates for me. Waiting sucks but Ford really does seem to be sending updates out rapidly this month so odds are good it will be fixed for you soon.

Sponsored

Smokewagun

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lariat Lightning
Ford can’t get these OTA updates right, but I just bought a new 2023 STX, and three days in, I received an update for BlueCruise… WHICH I DON’T EVEN HAVE! Such a winner you are, Ford! NOT!

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Ford can’t get these OTA updates right, but I just bought a new 2023 STX, and three days in, I received an update for BlueCruise… WHICH I DON’T EVEN HAVE! Such a winner you are, Ford! NOT!
Several of the updates will mention BC but apply to all trucks and you still benefit from bug fixes etc. Fact is that Ford OTA info sucks more than the process itself. We usually know more about what updates actually do from this forum than trying to decode Ford details.

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
Be sure to check settings after an OTA update.

I have found unrelated settings are changed and I have to fix them. For example, I have the alarm set up to ask if I want to disable motion detection when I leave the truck (My copilot is a dog). Another setting is I have ambient lighting turned on. After the last OTA both were back to factory and I had to reset. I also pay particular attention to privacy settings after every update to ensure they are set to what I want. Can never be too careful.
Sponsored

Last edited: