Sync 4 active SVS service error message

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I am trying to turn on my vehicle connectivity but it shows locked and I get this error
Ford F-150 Sync 4 active SVS service error message IMG_8515[1].JPG

Anyone know how to resolve this I have not been able to find anything. Thanks!
Sponsored

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
Did you look at the fordpass app or log into Ford.com?

OP
OP
pkinneb

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Have you had the truck since new and has it ever worked? This seems to be an error regarding being associated with an account

OP
OP
pkinneb

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you had the truck since new and has it ever worked? This seems to be an error regarding being associated with an account
Yes I have owned since new. Not sure I just saw folks talking about updates and wondered if I was getting them., when I found some posts on how to do it I ran into the locked icon. FWIW everything seems to work fine but I suspect with this locked I am not nor will I ever get updates. From Fordpass I can see my truck info i have never tried to start it or do anything like that from Fordpass though. Pretty much use carplay so far and that seems to work fine.

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes I have owned since new. Not sure I just saw folks talking about updates and wondered if I was getting them., when I found some posts on how to do it I ran into the locked icon. FWIW everything seems to work fine but I suspect with this locked I am not nor will I ever get updates. From Fordpass I can see my truck info i have never tried to start it or do anything like that from Fordpass though. Pretty much use carplay so far and that seems to work fine.
Really strange. You would probably have to try a master reset and or ford pass reset.
That being said if you do you would need to re add the truck to your account and may have trouble.

so you may try the dealer route to have itdocumented. I try to avoid them because they are clueless but it may be a provisioning issue on fords side. Not sure but if you do a reset it disconnects any associated account from the TCU

OP
OP
pkinneb

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Really strange. You would probably have to try a master reset and or ford pass reset.
That being said if you do you would need to re add the truck to your account and may have trouble.

so you may try the dealer route to have itdocumented. I try to avoid them because they are clueless but it may be a provisioning issue on fords side. Not sure but if you do a reset it disconnects any associated account from the TCU
Thanks for the info!!

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I am trying to turn on my vehicle connectivity but it shows locked and I get this error
IMG_8515[1].JPG

Anyone know how to resolve this I have not been able to find anything. Thanks!
I found something cryptic in the shop manual that might provide a clue. In the section discussing OTA updates, the manual lists a series of preconditions that must occur before an update takes place. One of those preconditions is “Vehicle theft (SVS) is not active.” Since the warning on your screen talks about accessing your Ford account, the only thing I can think of is that this might be related to Securialert. If you have that running, maybe try turning it off in FordPass or dismissing any alerts that have posted to your account.

OP
OP
pkinneb

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I found something cryptic in the shop manual that might provide a clue. In the section discussing OTA updates, the manual lists a series of preconditions that must occur before an update takes place. One of those preconditions is “Vehicle theft (SVS) is not active.” Since the warning on your screen talks about accessing your Ford account, the only thing I can think of is that this might be related to Securialert. If you have that running, maybe try turning it off in FordPass or dismissing any alerts that have posted to your account.
Thanks I'll give that a try.

Sponsored

PaulGrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Has anybody gotten to the bottom of this? I have the same problem - under "Vehicle Connectivity" it says "There is an active SVS service which needs vehicle connectivity"
As far as I know, my vehicle is connected (at least to WiFi, I don't know about connectivity via the cellular network).
I can find absolutely zero information about this either on Ford.com or the FordPass app, or by googling (which is how i found this thread).
The truck is new, connected to wifi, and "automatic updates" is set, and an update schedule is set.
It's maddening that there is no information about this whatsoever ... at least that I have found.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Has anybody gotten to the bottom of this? I have the same problem - under "Vehicle Connectivity" it says "There is an active SVS service which needs vehicle connectivity"
As far as I know, my vehicle is connected (at least to WiFi, I don't know about connectivity via the cellular network).
I can find absolutely zero information about this either on Ford.com or the FordPass app, or by googling (which is how i found this thread).
The truck is new, connected to wifi, and "automatic updates" is set, and an update schedule is set.
It's maddening that there is no information about this whatsoever ... at least that I have found.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

fordf150244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 SC
Same Issue here.

I have a 2022 F150, took it to my dealer. Dealer could not fix…said they have open work order and waiting for Ford to contact the dealer back. Dealer could not give me any idea as to when it will be fixed.

Contrary to what the Sync4 screen says, it appears the truck has never updated its software.

SVS appears to stand for " Stolen Vehicle Services (“SVS”)". I have tried master resets, reinstalling app, removing truck from web login, etc.

OP
OP
pkinneb

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine solved itself or at least appears too. I have been getting updates an have not had that screen return

PaulGrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!
Message sent via private conversation.
I hope you can help with this strange problem.
Sponsored