Sponsored

Sync 4 CarPlay

djdj1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
My CarPlay has been hit or miss as to whether it will connect to an IPhone 12pro over the last few weeks since I got my truck. Restart the phone and restart the truck, no change. Plug in the phone or connect to USB, might not connect even though the phone is showing as devices for both options. Tremor 402A package. There is something seriously wrong with the software, as I have also twice had my secondary gauges disappear (with the exception of the fuel level).
Sponsored

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
3: give us a black theme like older versions of sync 3 had
There is a black theme. It’s buried somewhere in the display settings but you can set color to light, dark, or auto. Auto will switch based on time of day I set mine to dark all the time and it looks much better IMHO.

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
There is a black theme. It’s buried somewhere in the display settings but you can set color to light, dark, or auto. Auto will switch based on time of day I set mine to dark all the time and it looks much better IMHO.

I mean actual color black, not fords dark blue.

bakerd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser/Assessor
My phone was the issue. My bluetooth "forgot" the connection to the truck, which has the automatic connection to Carplay. Fixed the phone, and so far so good.

Sponsored

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
Carplay connecting has been hit or miss. Have had the whole screen not come on 1 time. yhis past Saturday, XM would not change stations....

I have done soft reboots but think mine need a complete install to make it better

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
My carplay drops out all the time intermittently. Sometimes I can go a good stretch without issues and then there's days like today that I have nothing but issues. Dropped connection 3-4 times in a 30 min drive, music skipping all the time. Just tons of what appears to be crashes. Unsure if its the phone or the truck. And when I plug my phone in, it still will only use the wireless, will not use the wired connection. On top of that, the audio lag is awful. Its really the only thing I absolutely hate about the truck because I use it so much.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
My carplay drops out all the time intermittently. Sometimes I can go a good stretch without issues and then there's days like today that I have nothing but issues. Dropped connection 3-4 times in a 30 min drive, music skipping all the time. Just tons of what appears to be crashes. Unsure if its the phone or the truck. And when I plug my phone in, it still will only use the wireless, will not use the wired connection. On top of that, the audio lag is awful. Its really the only thing I absolutely hate about the truck because I use it so much.
Good morning! Can you send over a private message with your VIN? I will look into your concern with CarPlay.

Guso

First Name
Lino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PB
Good morning! Can you send over a private message with your VIN? I will look into your concern with CarPlay.
This is my first Ford and enjoy everything about the Powerboost except for Carplay.
It is never fully operational. I can be listening to XM radio then all of a sudden randomly, changes to my phones playlist. There are times where it won't open an app. for example I'll press the Apple maps and it attempts to open it then goes back to the normal screen containing the apps. I have had the issue with wire connected as well as not.

dudz2114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport

I have the same issue. I sent a video to my rep and he said his tech team said Ford is investigating the issue. He said they do not know if it is the phone or system. Mine is brutal. It will work and then just start disconnecting and re-connecting. It will do it like 3-5 times in a row and then sometimes it will work after other times it freezes.. I have since just done bluetooth for the phone and seems to work, but now I cannot use other carplay apps.

Sponsored

terr

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL
My Wireless car play worked fine for first little while I had the truck and now It won't work at all. I can still plug it in and use carplay but just stepping into the truck and having it connect was soooo nice. I brought it to the dealer, and they "Flashed" my sync system and that didn't do any good. I went back and they said to just keep trying to pair and hope that Ford maybe pushes out an OTA update. So I'm in here with you guys on a brand new truck too. I wish I could say it was the only issue I've had in the 4000 miles that I have had it but that's another story.

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
I drove the truck home 11 hours from Montana. I had to reboot the phone once and another time it overheated on the wireless charger.

Around town it is perfect
Sponsored