Sponsored

Swap tailgate (with step) for one without a step?

Predator

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2019 Escape
Want to swap my tailgate with the step for one without a step offered it to the dealership they said no because it would mess with the computer anyone tried this or now anything about it
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I'm sure you could do a trade with someone who owns the same color.

Fjspe50784

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Want to swap my tailgate with the step for one without a step offered it to the dealership they said no because it would mess with the computer anyone tried this or now anything about it
I refuse to buy a tailgate that uses a push button to open. Must be why I don't have a step ?

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
The step adds 50lbs of weight of the tailgate had the step on my 2018 and never used it
I just don't understand how 50# makes or breaks a tow rig. You should have a 10% fudge fact in anyways

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Never tried it, but sure it could be done. The “computers” are all the same, it’s just as matter of telling them what kind of tailgate is present. Prob most settings are in the body control module.

Racinjason65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 5.0 2020 Mustang GT, 2006 Corvette Z06,
Occupation
Aerospace Manufacturing Engineer
Velocity blue? I’d be interested in trading, but I’d hate to think about how expensive the shipping would be.
Sponsored