First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Platinum PB 4x4 6.5 Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Retired
My 22 Platinum PB turned into a sauna about halfway into a 3.5 hour 90°+ drive yesterday. I didn't see this thread until I searched last night but I had done the "fix" posted above...turned off the AC for few moments...the vents started blowing very hard... then turned AC back on. It immediately went into MAX (high fan, temp "Lol"). Got chilly pretty fast, lol.

Drove it a bit today and no issues. Seeing the TSB, I wonder how many days it would be in the shop having to pull the dash for the repair?
Sponsored

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
They won’t do anything unless they can recreate it. My dealer had my truck for 3 days driving it and couldn’t recreate, so they just gave it back. Good times.
This depends on the dealer. My dealer has fixed things based on my explanation alone in the past. Something common like this complete with a TSB they would for sure.

Duff

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
retired
Thanks for the heads up on the TSB. This will help me plead my case to the service department. I get tired of them looking at me, like I just came in from Mars.

Duff

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
retired
Apparently Ford is aware of the issue but currently don't have a solution. It was suggested that when this occurs, switch the air over to heat and give the evaporator a chance to thaw. Temporary at best.

Reactions: Geo

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I thought Ford's answer was to replace the evaporator/temp-sensor?

That definitely a solution, but not exactly something that gives me the warm and fuzzies.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i just read the TSB with coffee in me, i may plug in forscan and watch the evap temp and use a vent temp gauge
my ac gets very cold, but it takes awhile (at least 20 minutes)
if i leave it at 65 and 5 fan speed it will all the sudden freeze you, but if you lower fan to 4 it gets warm in cabin again, until 5 speed is again selected.
recovery is very weird IMO compared to my previous fords, sans the 21 superduty, it behaved same same "dead steam"
i like to see 40to 45 F vent temps at medium high fan 5 speed.

the dash also gets very hot , as in the front glass is missing some sun blocking compared to other vehicles. maybe the safety stuff required a less UV or reflective glass on windshield ???
and.....why cant i select VENTS and floor without also getting the defrost air? i like to have some cool air on the toes in the summer during long drives.

SilverbackHobbit

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
IT Manager
I'm wondering if this was an actual fix or a fluke, if you were having the same issue as everyone else. Sounds a bit like a fluke with the whole TSB being written around the evap freezing up. In any case, add me to the list. I have a 21 tremor 402A and a few times now I've had the air flow from the vents just stop. I have flipped switches and options and tried to maintain my composure. It was a challenge this morning because I just found out my wife's 19 ecoboost mustang needs a head gasket. Not a good week for us. Sigh

My issue turned out to be a problem with HVAC module chip. Took the dealer mechanic and Ford over a month to figure it out and another 5 weeks for the chip to arrive. Almost a 3 month ordeal, but working like a charm since.

USAFChief

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
I'm having this frustrating issue with the air conditioner in my Lariat. No air comes out of the vents, nothing. I have it cranked all the way down to LO and the fan speed on 7 and nothing. You don't even hear the compressor kick on; no noise, no air, nothing. You just hear the engine running.

I've brought it back to the dealer twice and each time they couldn't find anything wrong. The problem is, and this is a real doozy, both times I've taken my truck to the dealer to have them look at it, it worked! They kept it for a few days both times and it worked each day. It works when I'm at their shop and on my way home from their shop. But the next day, same thing happens, AC cranked, no noise, no air. I even took a video of what is happening and showed them.

They told me at the shop that they're not sure what to do because it works when they have it, which I can somewhat understand, but this is getting so frustrating.
Anyone have any idea what might cause this or what I can do? I'm at a loss. I've had the truck for just under a month with only 500 miles on it. I love the truck, but at the same time I'm hating it.

Here's a link to the video I made of the issue. Hope you guys can see it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xmtiin938w38hi/2021-04-04 15.32.33.mp4?dl=0

Appreciate any help you guys can provide. Thanks!
Add me to the list.
Have a 2021 Ford F150 lariat and my AC went out the other day while it was 85° in southern Alabama. I didn’t read about this quickfix about the defrosting trick until just now. Dealership has had my truck two days and cannot determine the problem. I just called the service manager and gave him the Technical Service Bulletin. He was totally unaware there was a TSB.

USAFChief

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the heads up on the TSB. This will help me plead my case to the service department. I get tired of them looking at me, like I just came in from Mars.
Took my truck to the dealership on Monday and today went back and discussed the technical service bulletin mentioned in this thread. They refused to even consider it say that I had a phone charger that was drawing down my battery and that’s why the AC kicked off to save my engine from shutting down. I explain to the mechanic and the service advisor that I was doing 85 miles an hour for two hours down the interstate and there’s no way that I had a loss of power, even without any battery by truck would still be running in sub with the AC.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The length that they'll reach to NOT advocate for the customer is beyond comprehension.

I've said it before, they'll destroy the brand with one customer at a time and not be concerned in the least.

Your phone charger is a threat to the health of an ELECTRIFIED vehicle! Literally a rolling power grid. 🙄🤣

USAFChief

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
Retired
Amen brother! They could not defend the fact that I was running my truck at 80 miles an hour for two hours when the AC went out and they want to tell me it’s a charging issue. There’s no way it’s a charging issue. It’s actually a work related issue, they don’t want to do the work because they would have to take apart the entire dashboard, and that would cost them money.

loganlaporte

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was 2021 F150 Powerboost now 2022 PB Platinum
I wanted to chime in on this thread. I just had this happen to me on a road trip back to Fort Worth, Tx. Truck had been on and driving maybe 4-5 hours and once I got into longview I noticed the cabin was warming which was weird since it was on 81F out and I have 5% film on every piece of glass except windshield which has 80%. In otherwords, massive heat rejection.
I power cycled the hvac module, nothing. Turned it off for what seemed like 10-15 minutes and stopped at gas station. I power cycled the truck and voila the AC worked again but I noticed it immediately started pissing condensation which makes me think I am going to need to have the dealer do this this TSB.

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Don't shoot the messenger but this is a really old problem and not F150 specific, or even Ford specific.

So long ago, I don't even remember what vehicle, or why I had to learn it but I was told, was Max air and recirculating, are not to be used full time, unless you want the symptoms you're experiencing.

They're for a quick cool down only.

Take it for what its worth.

dkt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f 150
Same problem on 2021 f-150 anybody found a fix been to dealer 4 times no fix yet
Sponsored