First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Recent trip with ac off, with vents and floor chosen (no defrost), and temperature set to LOW, meaning no heat or cold air wanted. Just outside air flow wanted.
Every 3 minutes it would cycle from cold to warm during the entire trip. 50 to 70 degree range.
Am i alone?
Sponsored

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I believe it. I really prefer full manual HVAC control to this dual climate control system that just does whatever it wants. I frequently turn it off and open the sunroof and rear slider instead. Apparently we are in the minority.

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I will have to test this out.

my issue is the drive side vent closest to the door is weak af. It barely pushes cold air unless I crank it up to 7. Intact all the vent are weak and barely blow air unless at 7.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Even on my 2001 Ranger XL with “manual” controls I noticed the same. No matter which mode selected, even with AC off the compressor would still cycle on briefly every few minutes and it would cool the air. On that one I eventually found that by selecting the lower vents only it wouldn’t do that.

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Happens to me too, I'm wondering if it has to do with a air moisture sensor in the cab? Mine seems to do it when the humidity is high, even with the windows open. Maybe Ford is trying to keep the windows from fogging when the truck senses high humidity? Just guesses.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
Even on my 2001 Ranger XL with “manual” controls I noticed the same. No matter which mode selected, even with AC off the compressor would still cycle on briefly every few minutes and it would cool the air. On that one I eventually found that by selecting the lower vents only it wouldn’t do that.
The way it's always been, at least till now, is that as soon as you had it on defrost, the compressor would cycle to defog the windshield and the other windows, even with the ac off, and it would do that down to minus 4 C, or 24.8 °Fahrenheit . Below that it's set not to run to keep it from getting damaged. It would never kick in on vent, floor or vent+floor settings.

OP
OP
Pete6114

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I will have to test this out.

my issue is the drive side vent closest to the door is weak af. It barely pushes cold air unless I crank it up to 7. Intact all the vent are weak and barely blow air unless at 7.
Just trying to help and not be a pain, but......that vent is opened with the wheel below it..right?

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Just trying to help and not be a pain, but......that vent is opened with the wheel below it..right?
Yeah it’s fully open. I really should take it in but I just hate going to the dealer so much.
Sponsored