First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Plant monkey
Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else trucks lately. Seems like after the last update unless my temp is set to LO with ac on the Ac isn’t working. If I set it to 16. Yes Canadian. 60f. On auto or with the fan selected it will immediately switch to warm air, I’ve tried turning it on/off and messing with the temp up and down. Only thing I can think of is it has a min outside temp before it will control. Was only around 55-60f outside.
wifes 2022 edge was acting the same way too last time I drove it as well
might be time to call the dealer. I know it wasn’t doing this last summer/fall.
truck is a 22 XLT 302A 3.5 eco
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Most AC's have a freeze stat that inhibits the system when 55 or lower to prevent the compressor from icing over. This newer refrigerant may need to be warmer ambenant air.

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else trucks lately. Seems like after the last update unless my temp is set to LO with ac on the Ac isn’t working. If I set it to 16. Yes Canadian. 60f. On auto or with the fan selected it will immediately switch to warm air, I’ve tried turning it on/off and messing with the temp up and down. Only thing I can think of is it has a min outside temp before it will control. Was only around 55-60f outside.
wifes 2022 edge was acting the same way too last time I drove it as well
might be time to call the dealer. I know it wasn’t doing this last summer/fall.
truck is a 22 XLT 302A 3.5 eco
Yes, this has happened to me twice. And both times after an OTA. I don't do OTAs anymore. I bought a mongoose cable and I do the old fashion way of updating once a big enough update comes through.

OP
OP

Mclark86

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Plant monkey
Thanks, it looks like it may be a trip to the dealer then for a fix. I’ve been away at work for a week. It I’ll b back in the truck tomorrow and it will be hot out so I’ll be able to test it with outside temps above 75.
thanks for the reply’s.

dkt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f 150
Same problem Did anybody find a fix

OP
OP

Mclark86

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Plant monkey
It’s set with the outside temperature below 50-55 unless you set it to LO the ac won’t work. Verified with 4 other trucks I have at work. Kinda sh!tty
Sponsored