Small Nav annoyance

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I have a small annoyance with the nav system in my 2021 XLT. When drive around town the nav system will helpfully ask if I want directions home, or what it thinks is home. The address it always displays in not my address, but a few 100 feet down the road, house number 7971 vs 7980. I have no idea where it got this number. I turned off "suggest routes" feature and I will see if this stops.

If you know what is causing this and have a fix please reply.
Sponsored

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Mine does this too.

Sorry, no suggestions to fix, unless you prefer to park 100ft further down the road. ;)

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I'll never put my actual home address in any GPS, let alone the vehicle built in one. Imagine the "good guys" watch you park the vehicle and walk with your family to a restaurant or a movie theater... potentially they could have a field day. I set my home address as close by street/intersection (entrance to the subdivision in my case).

Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I'll never put my actual home address in any GPS, let alone the vehicle built in one. Imagine the "good guys" watch you park the vehicle and walk with your family to a restaurant or a movie theater... potentially they could have a field day. I set my home address as close by street/intersection (entrance to the subdivision in my case).
I read one guy has a police station close to his house so he always sets that as home. :) He never uses his real home and neither do I. I have a big intersection that I have to go through to get home so I always set that as my home. Then when I go through that intersection it says I am home and auto turns off. I hope the Ford connected nav can be set like this too.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
To the OP, I never get 'asks' for going home but I've no idea what setting I didn't choose to avoid that ?

Then when I go through that intersection it says I am home and auto turns off.
Interesting .... when I drive past that 'faux home' intersection / location without stopping it triggers a re-route back there as if I accidentally missed the end point (I have to manually cancel the route) (?)

What I'd like is to be able to delete or rename the useless for me "Work" line on the saved places list (I'm retired!)

Last edited:

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I turned off "suggest routes" feature and I will see if this stops.
That should fix it. It's what the feature is, though I didn't know there was a voice aspect.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
To the OP, I never get 'asks' for going home but I've no idea what setting I didn't choose to avoid that ?

Interesting .... when I drive past that 'faux home' intersection / location without stopping it triggers a re-route back there as if I accidentally missed the end point (I have to manually cancel the route) (?)

What I'd like is to be able to delete or rename the useless for me "Work" line on the saved places list (I'm retired!)
This is on a 2010 Toyota Venza with DVD based navigation. It has a feature that you push for Home and it will register your vehicle location as the Home. I went to the intersection at night when nobody was around and stopped the car in the road. I then set that as Home so I actually do drive right through it on my way home. Nice.

SuvE

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I have my home set to an intersection near the entrance to my subdivision. Works fine.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I live deep in the woods with no evidence of what you would be getting yourself into as you head in. You might hear the theme song of deliverance, if you know what I mean. 🤪🤪🤪

It has its advantages.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I live deep in the woods with no evidence of what you would be getting yourself into as you head in. You might hear the theme song of deliverance, if you know what I mean. 🤪🤪🤪

It has its advantages.
for 8 years google could not find us. 🤗 it was great. now we are in the queo_Oo_O
and my IN home verizon antennae ( we live in a faraday cage) always lists our location on our phones to a place some 60 miles south. its freaky when we have to call 911,
then other times it shows us on our street
my nav never automatically tells me i am home or near or route to.

i actually like mine over the sync3. i can say navigation to.xxxxxxxxx and it finds the route , we live in the country as well. its great it finds places like texas country ford, winnsboro and its routing before i say the rest.

i also have my HOME in the system to be the town center which is about 10 miles away.
i figure if i am on a trip and route to my town, i can find my way home from there :eek:🤗(y)

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
It seems to suggest the location of the last place you started your truck. I think it's trying to offer you a way to return to that place in case you need to, just tap on the screen for routing. Why it won't offer your exact address is a good question, mine does the same thing, off by one house.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
Well that was bad info. The home address still shows, even though I made a point of restarting the truck in a far different location last time. I'll try the "suggest routes" shutoff.
Sponsored