Shipping delay insights?

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
I’ve been in Returned from Offsite now for a week. Don’t even really know what that means or why it’s sitting in that status so long after 9 weeks on chip hold
Sponsored

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RCLB 5.0/2022 Powerboost/2023 Maverick Hybrid
I am right there with several of you. My XLT Powerboost was considered built on April 1st of this year, according to the Ford email that I received. From what I have since been told, it was released for shipment, but was later recalled to the factory for "plant hold", whatever that is. The can has been being kicked down the road for about 8 weeks now, with ford updating the delivery date every 2 weeks, after the last date has expired.

Meanwhile, as has been noted here by many others, FORD COMMUNICATION IS USELESS! If Ford hired me to devise a plan to alienate previously loyal & excited Customers, who had ordered new vehicles, I think that I would just treat those Customers exactly how Ford has treated me so far in this process! The New Vehicle Support Team & Ford Chat both say they only know posted status that shows the current projected delivery window, while pointing me to the Ford Tracker & the dealer. When asked, neither of these Ford groups can answer how the dealer will know more about what is happening than Ford will, since Ford built the truck & is arranging shipping.

Clearly Ford obstinately refuses to allow any information to be given out. These same Ford folks would lose their mind if they placed a delivery order for lunch, & it was delayed & nobody would tell them why, or when it realistically could be expected to be delivered.

Blkphantom

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 2022 F150 screw lariat 502a 5.0
Made a log in on United Roads who convoys it the last leg to the dealer and it says it on there.

rail head is in New Orleans and then it trucks to dealer from there, hopefully some time in the next week
I’ve been trying to make a log in for that site, but can’t seem to find where to register it?

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did an online search of F150's within 100 miles toggling various features to see what might be the factory hold up. With 100's of trucks listed, the 1 feature that is not available in a single available truck is the Powerboost Drive Train.

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
Reactions: WRS

Sponsored

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
Seems to me it'd be easier to have a low-level manager (you know, the ones that actually know how to do things) set up a program by which customers could come claim their truck from the built lot.

Now, this would obviously be before the dealership could do the receiving inspection. But with the number of posts and articles I've read where customers found factory tooling and calibration equipment in their vehicles I'd have to wonder how much a dealer prep/inspection really matters at this point.

Knock $1700 off to cover the delivery charge and let people make their own arrangements.

Get a lawyer to draft up a document to cover everyone's a$$ and just let it go.

I know Ford isn't the only company having problems, but they could be the company leading the way in the solutions column if they'd just act.

Reactions: TJE

Martysnipes2022F150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awaiting 2022 F150
Occupation
Mining Supervisor
Mine has been in production since 02/02/22 still not sure when and if I will ever get it. I am getting very frustrated with Ford and their lack of communication.

Martysnipes2022F150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awaiting 2022 F150
Occupation
Mining Supervisor
I’ve been in Returned from Offsite now for a week. Don’t even really know what that means or why it’s sitting in that status so long after 9 weeks on chip hold
Mine return from offsite storage on April 16th. I haven't heard anything else from my dealer...frustrating to say the least

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Mine return from offsite storage on April 16th. I haven't heard anything else from my dealer...frustrating to say the least
I mean what the he’ll does that status even mean? Is it currently offsite waiting to come back to the plant? Has it been returned and sitting at the plant? Waiting QC?

Martysnipes2022F150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awaiting 2022 F150
Occupation
Mining Supervisor
I mean what the he’ll does that status even mean? Is it currently offsite waiting to come back to the plant? Has it been returned and sitting at the plant? Waiting QC?
Ya exactly they aren't very forth coming with there information either.

Sponsored

Glenshellach

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost Lariat
My Powerboost Lariat was ordered end of January, has manufactured date March 29. Arrived at dealer in Calgary on May 9. Shipped by train from Dearborn.
Well worth the wait!

MJ Heat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Someone at Ford knows what is going on with every vehicle in their system. Can you honestly believe that Ford does not have a disposition of every vehicle at their collective fingertips? They may not know when they are getting certain parts. Or it may just be that Ford will not reallocate parts scheduled for new trucks, to complete trucks on parts hold on the lots. Or it could be something really nefarious, like they pulled parts for Lightnings. Whatever it is, Ford must think that telling the truth about long delayed vehicles would be worse for them, than telling us nothing, since that is what they do now.

vlance

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 FX2, waiting on 2022 FX4
Occupation
scenic painter
Mines a XLT 302A & buit over 4 weeks ago and said shipped over 2 weeks ago..
last Friday dealer said it's still sitting in a boxcar in KC..

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
Okay, so how are trucks built later getting delivered on time?
No clue how Ford convoy shipping contracts work. It's likely that certain runs are just more profitable (maybe volume, maybe proximity to a port or railhead for a the next load).

Logistics ain't simple.
Sponsored