First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Thank you MIke G. could you let me know what I am seeing. Kind of novice at this.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
1FTFW1E83MFA52187

Add it to the list, looking for if my update is coming or not…. TYIA!
Here's what FDRS shows for your available updates this morning, not sure about OTAs as you can't see that with FDRS:
Ford F-150 Request VIN Lookup Thread 1FTFW1E83MFA52187-23-Jan-23

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you MIke G. could you let me know what I am seeing. Kind of novice at this.
You've got the powertrain updates (PCM, ABS).
Cruise-control related update for the 'iNanny' camera (CMR), and the steering column update could also be grouped in there as a cruise-related (SCCM).
An update for the gearshifter (GSM)
A body controller update (BCM) that could be for a number of 'concerns' but may be for the tailgate issue (not sure).
A Sync update (APIM).
An update for the audio system's digital signal processor (DSP)
And updates for both the driver's and passenger doors (DDM, PDM).

Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@rugedraw is great about providing insights into OTA status and I know many forum members are grateful.

And not to take away from anything he is doing...but we all get busy at times and I wanted to make sure everybody knows that there is a way you can get OTA info from your dealer's service desk with a phone call.

Your dealer's service advisors all have PTS. In the PTS system there is a section called the 'Connected Vehicle' area and in that is a section called the 'OTA Dashboard'.

OTA history will appear in the OTA dashboard area going back 60 days. It will include any current in-progress OTAs and provide status on whether the update was successful, or if it failed, and provides some clues as to what may have gone wrong. And then sometimes it just says it failed and the reasons are obscure as to what happened.

I just wanted everyone to know that 1) you can get this info with a phone call to your dealer's service desk (stay on the phone while they look up your VIN), and 2) if there are problems with you not getting OTAs this is a great opportunity to discuss that specific issue while the service advisor is staring at your info on the screen. Cause maybe your truck needs to go in to have something like the TCU checked.

Just thought I'd put that out there.

Reactions: GDN

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry for the ignorance, what does that mean?
There are updates available for you cruise-control 'iNanny' camera and you've got a Sync update available as well. The Sync update could/should come as an OTA (if you are getting those) but the CMR will likely not get updated by OTA.

Sponsored

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
I'd appreciate if you could check mine for FDRS and OTA updates. Thank you!!

1FTFW1ED5NFB71213