Sponsored

Refund for the Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 Assist Package.

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The Optional Product Improvement Program 21G01 expires on 9/30.
The 2.7.4 ota update occurred on 6/18 and no further updates have happened and it doesn’t appear that they ever will.
I no longer care about having Blue Cruise and would just like to have the $995 I paid for the prep package refunded. I assume I should attempt this before the program expires.
Has anyone tried or had any luck with getting a refund?
Sponsored

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Was a refund process/clause spelled out when you signed up? I was lucky enough to find a lot truck built Feb 2022 so it was fully active at delivery.

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I received the Ford notice on 5/22 and it stated, for the ota updates, that “it may take several weeks before the feature is fully functional “.
The program ends 9/30 and I have no functional Blue Cruise as of yet.
I will call customer service again later today, but I’m not expecting much.

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ford Customer Service said that any refunds would have to be through the dealership where the truck was purchased. They also said that after 9/30 the customer would be responsible for any charges.
Ford really dropped the ball on keeping their customers informed. Even their customer service people can’t explain what’s going on with the Power up ota program!

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ford Customer Service said that any refunds would have to be through the dealership where the truck was purchased. They also said that after 9/30 the customer would be responsible for any charges.
Ford really dropped the ball on keeping their customers informed. Even their customer service people can’t explain what’s going on with the Power up ota program!
Great. Ford customer service offered me a refund months ago when I first called them. I see now they are singing a different song.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Great. Ford customer service offered me a refund months ago when I first called them. I see now they are singing a different song.
I wonder if they have gotten a lot of requests. The whole ota program has been handled very poorly.

MrT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Retired
I had the same issue with prep package 2.0, $995, 22G01, etc. Get in touch with Jesse@infotainment on this forum and he'll get you figured out if you provide him your VIN. I PM'd him and there is a God!

Ford F-150 Refund for the Ford Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 Assist Package. blue Cruise pic

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I’ve got an appointment with our only Ford dealership on 9/28. I went in and talked with two different service writers and the service manager and they didn’t instill any confidence. One of them told me that since I got the recall notice that Ford wouldn’t push out any more updates until that was completed. I pointed out to her that the recall stated that I had the option to do it ota or bring it in. I then said that since they fried the apim on my buddies truck and it took them over two months to repair it that I couldn’t be without the truck for that long.
I’m not sure I’ll keep the appointment!
I did have rugedraw check on my vin# and he said there are no updates waiting.
Thanks for the advice though!

MrT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I got a new APIM within a week. Tucson only has one dealer with a master technician who is experienced with this. Jesse@infotainment has the answers. He was able to tell me which module had the bad code. Give him a try, you’ll be glad you did.

MrT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Per the dealer I didn’t have any updates waiting either. Talk to Jesse.

Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I’ve got an appointment with our only Ford dealership on 9/28. I went in and talked with two different service writers and the service manager and they didn’t instill any confidence. One of them told me that since I got the recall notice that Ford wouldn’t push out any more updates until that was completed. I pointed out to her that the recall stated that I had the option to do it ota or bring it in. I then said that since they fried the apim on my buddies truck and it took them over two months to repair it that I couldn’t be without the truck for that long.
I’m not sure I’ll keep the appointment!
I did have rugedraw check on my vin# and he said there are no updates waiting.
Thanks for the advice though!
I have an appt on 9/8. The FSA for BlueCruise programming expires on 9/30, so if you can get it in to them earlier, do so. After this month, any job #1 F150 owners without Bluecruise will be screwed having to pay out of pocket for the update, wait for the OTA gods to shine on you, or do it yourself.

OP
OP
bigwyo

bigwyo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I asked the service writer if they canceled or postponed my appointment would they still service it under the recall. Her reply was “why would we cancel?” Let’s see, tech calls in sick or quits. I never could pin her down.
I’ll wait until the day before the appointment to make a decision. Everything on the truck is working excellently and I’m not sure I’d use the Blue Cruise much anyway. Also, if the ota updates don’t happen before the 9/30 deadline, I might stand a better chance of getting a refund!
MrT, what did you end up having to do?

MrT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I asked the service writer if they canceled or postponed my appointment would they still service it under the recall. Her reply was “why would we cancel?” Let’s see, tech calls in sick or quits. I never could pin her down.
I’ll wait until the day before the appointment to make a decision. Everything on the truck is working excellently and I’m not sure I’d use the Blue Cruise much anyway. Also, if the ota updates don’t happen before the 9/30 deadline, I might stand a better chance of getting a refund!
MrT, what did you end up having to do?
I went to the dealer twice. 1st time APIM, 2nd time they found corrupted data to the ipc module from the Ford sever. I got real close to full bc functionality. Then Jesse took a look and he was able to pin it down to the gateway module. Then it worked.

MrT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
user name is Jesse-infotainment. He is capable of real time access to your VIN

MrT

First Name