Sponsored

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I wonder what the positive attachment features that are suppose to be added will be. The remedy on the recall doesn't say exactly what it is. I'm guessing that it is more glue.
My dealer told me they have ordered rivets to deal with this recall. They said that the repairs would take about an hour.
Sponsored

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
Had my truck inspected on Friday, they told me that everything was good but they were getting the needed parts bolt on the heatshield components just to make sure it was squared away.

Came in today for a follow up. Took 3 hours because they needed to drain the HEV battery first before doing the job.

Truck runs fine. Glad this is behind me and I didn't require a driveshaft replacement.

Service performed by Truck City Ford in Buda, TX.

MDsteve410

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
My parts arrived and my recall was completed today.
  1. Brought it in at 8:30 am today- free shuttle ride to my home 4.5 miles away. I was in and back at my house within 30 minutes.
  2. Picked it up at 6:30 pm - The service manager himself picked me up at my house to bring me back to the dealership.
Hi, I am Maryland also, what dealer did you use for the recall repair ?

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator

PlatDrG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 4x4 PowerBoost
Scheduled appt for tomorrow. Dealer said they just had one in that waited 3 weeks for parts. UGH!

Picked up mine in August and took images knowing it sat in the yard waiting for chips. I'll jump down there today for another round and only have 4K miles on it.

Sponsored

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
After my dealer turned me away on this issue a little more than a week and a half ago, and I complained, they have it back and are going to fix it they say.

Seahawk51

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mercedes GLS450, 2013 Chevy Equinox, 2021 Ford F-150 on order
Occupation
Retired
They gave you a loaner/rental right?
Before you get too carried away with "don't take it to the dealer"...I'm getting ready to go camping for a couple of weeks so I called my dealer yesterday. They said 1 out of 10 that they've inspected has a problem, but they don't know when they will get any parts. I asked to please have it inspected today, just so I can have some confidence next week. Short story is I couldn't even take it back off the lot. Three different people inspected it, and deemed it unsafe to drive. They were of the opinion that it was so badly score that it was in an imminent failure condition. So they got me a loaner, they have no idea when they will get a new driveshaft, and I'm not going camping.

ocropper

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Retired IT Executive
Well I had mine inspected late December and it had scoring and “failed” the test and was told parts - including new drivetrain - on order would come on 1/17. Brought truck in for failing trailer brake controller this week and asked about the recall parts.

Like the prior poster who has uses truck as RV they say truck is unsafe to drive and Ford will put me in rental until parts come in.

When will that be you may ask. Date code was “000” meaning “could me months” MONTHS???

Needless to say I am going to be contacting Ford with some demands as well as likely consumer protection and state attorney general. I can’t imagine paying 75k for too of line model and being deprived of use for months because of mfg defect. Lemon law??

By the way this is before any of us have gotten the official recall letter. Only happened to see this on FordPass.

Last point -“surely” all of the new trucks need these correct parts and “surely” Ford would provide the parts to us broken guys and gals before finishing trucks to collect new revenue.

Good practice for my letters - thanks got listening - hopefully not too many of us have this same awful discussion. I only bought this and my prior truck to pull my Airstream. I could be looking at ruined camping season !!!

PlatDrG

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 4x4 PowerBoost
Scheduled appt for tomorrow. Dealer said they just had one in that waited 3 weeks for parts. UGH!

Picked up mine in August and took images knowing it sat in the yard waiting for chips. I'll jump down there today for another round and only have 4K miles on it.

Dealer told me a 3-day turn around to inspect, have FORD approve, and fix the issue. Parts are in but told them I need a loaner. They said it may be a month until a loaner is available, so I'll bring it back in at that time. Geez!

I took a video below the truck and with only 4K miles it still looks new. (y)

ESG406

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21F150 Hyb, 15ExpEL 2 '06 Esc Hyb 99&01elect Rngrs
Occupation
Retired
Hello all,
2021 F150 hybrid 6/15/21 build date. Did inspection. Everything looks pristine perfect, passes all inspection. Should I rivet insulation to heat shields or just leave it alone. ?Is the recall to correct for lack of rivets ,(if so why not all earlier units?),faulty adhesive or faulty assembly technique does anyone know for sure?
Thanks for your thoughts,
Ed

Sponsored

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My reading of the recall info is that all units built in the 2021 model year up to about October 2021 need to be inspected (about 190,000 trucks). After October 2021 they started putting the insulator pad inside the cab instead of glueing it to the underside of the floor.

The rivets are a repair, preventative measure not something that was missed during assembly. I'm guessing it's a batch of insulation pads that had poor adhesive. Seems to be more of an issue with Dearborn built trucks which require 5 rivets, Kansas City trucks need 2.

My truck has no loose insulation so far and the drive shaft has no rub marks. I'll have the recall done at the dealer, maybe a month or two after the notices go out so they have a little experience doing the repair before doing mine. I could put rivets in myself but if I were to damage a wire or something in the cab then I'd have to pay to have it fixed.

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
Picked mine up from the dealer this morning. This was my second trip to them to perform the recall. As others have stated, they placed 5 rivets underneath. They had it since Tuesday afternoon and was ready to pick up yesterday but snow caused traffic hell and I didn't want to bother. Plus it was there for a frozen door latch issue. Part # is *W702554*S900C if it helps anybody.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I had mine done today. Only took a couple hours. No damage to the drive shaft (I had inspected it myself ahead of time).

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Hello all,
2021 F150 hybrid 6/15/21 build date. Did inspection. Everything looks pristine perfect, passes all inspection. Should I rivet insulation to heat shields or just leave it alone. ?Is the recall to correct for lack of rivets ,(if so why not all earlier units?),faulty adhesive or faulty assembly technique does anyone know for sure?
Thanks for your thoughts,
Ed
I would not be doing the repair yourself on the Powerboost. Would like to do mine as well but reading reports by some that dealers have run into issues with the hybrid battery needing to take further steps for their safety during the repair. You also need to drop the invertor to access at least one area for rivet placement and it appears again there are unique steps dealers need to take to do so given the high voltage components.

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I think the silver pads above the exhaust are for heat reflection to keep the floor of the cab cooler and the other pads are for sound deadening.
Sponsored