Sponsored

Pro Power Upgrade - I May Have No Choice - Anybody?

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
@dafish
Man, I've read this forum at some length and it seems there are still way too many things I don't know.

Snake, a few questions for you sir:

1) What? huh? I thought FDRS was a Ford service tool.
- What Snake said... anyone can do it with an OBD tool and FDRS license. There is short term and annual licensing, (Maybe monthly?) Snake and Ruged would know more.

2) Update adaptive tables? Is this something I should ask Ford to do?
- Many say its good to clear your adaptive (transmission) tables every 10k miles or so. However as I try to stress about ANY software update; laptop, server, firmware, cell phone, TRUCK. "If it aint broken, dont fix it."

3) I have an open recall on the new-to-me truck. What should I say to Ford to make sure I get all updates needed to give me the best chance of success w/the truck?
- Im going to reiterate #2 here.... We all just witnessed recently a gentleman make changes in Forscan that rendered his truck 'dead'. The last few OTAs we've seen people have mentioned strange anomolies with their truck afterward. If your truck is currently running fine with no issues on the tranny or any other issues. I would recommend, (not that I am a mechanic), but I am a Systems and Network Engineer and I would recommend leaving truck alone until you run into a problem. Just my two cents, but I would hate to hear you or anyone else, "Dang man... truck was fine and then I updated <whatever> and now Im having problems with..."
Sponsored