Sponsored

Priority update - Audio 23-PU1024-6CHAUD-Now low volume, poor audio quality, no bass response

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Appreciate the information .Just got off the phone with Ford and they stated no update has been sent to fix issue and that techs are still working on a fix .When I let them know that people have been posting about receiving an update to fix issues, she didn't have any response just restated that ,no updates has been sent yet and then proceeded to walk me through resetting my ford pass app and truck .
I wonder if the Early Release program participants have priority? I lost my audio quality back in March. Are you in that program?
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yup.

The people that answer the phone there typically don't know their butt-holes from a hole in the ground.
I will defend those burdened with answering those phones and knowing ONLY what they have been told.
Because that's the only thing they can tell you.

Ford, similar to other huge monstrosity companies, have folks at one end of a hall that are in the dark about what folks at the other end of the hall see.

Personally, I am disappointed at the missed opportunity of these kinds of large companies not leveraging a forum like this.
Or better yet, creating and hosting their own branded forum and having an only invited membership section, (like the EA program) and then could harvest REAL information from the customers driving their products.

Can you imagine how valuable it would be to both Ford and us forum members to have fellas like Jesse, Rugedraw, Livinitup,..... representing us directly with Ford?

It seems so reasonable.

Fordman0976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 xlt powerboost
I wonder if the Early Release program participants have priority? I lost my audio quality back in March. Are you in that program?
Not part of early release program so that might be why some of us still have not received update to fix audio issue .

Sponsored

HBOMB44

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I'm confused by the different tiers of fixes. Mine is partially fixed but not back to where it was when I got it. I have not recieved any updates.

My battery is weak so I just put it on the charger to top it up just in case that was holding back an update.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Finally broke down and went to dealer. Mine is now fixed.
Sorry for potato quality image… deal with it lol!
Glad it worked out, but not everyone is showing the DSP update in FDRS yet. In your case, it was there for them to do.

dmarkjohn

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
I took my truck off auto updates when I first read about this audio problem. Just today I got what appears to be the original OTA update. See photo. I did not accept. What do you think will happen if I never download it? Will I continue to get other updates?

Ford F-150 Priority update - Audio 23-PU1024-6CHAUD-Now low volume, poor audio quality, no bass response PXL_20240509_225317426

Sponsored

Tjbev13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT 302A, 3.5EB, Max Tow, FX4
Occupation
Turner of wrenches
I got an update 2 days ago and my audio is back!
Now I have another one scheduled I haven’t checked the details on it but I’m so gun shy to let this one go through

Gord0

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a
Saw an update icon today and got a little excited. Then I clicked on it and it was a phantom update I got 4-20.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I took my truck off auto updates when I first read about this audio problem. Just today I got what appears to be the original OTA update. See photo. I did not accept. What do you think will happen if I never download it? Will I continue to get other updates?
Yes, but you will have to wait 30 days for that OTA trigger to expire first.

Bobfished

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired Research Chemist
I am surprised that Ford, knowing that they negatively effected many of their customers stereos, did not send a note, has not said a word, nothing to let customers know that they will fix the problem. Nothing!!!!
Anyone up in Canada receive the update Ford just keeps telling me they are working on it??
I received an update last night and now my stereo is working again and sounds great. There were no details or number on the update it just said it was a minor change so your vehicle can easily install the more intricate updates coming in the future.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I am surprised that Ford, knowing that they negatively effected many of their customers stereos, did not send a note, has not said a word, nothing to let customers know that they will fix the problem. Nothing!!!!

I received an update last night and now my stereo is working again and sounds great. There were no details or number on the update it just said it was a minor change so your vehicle can easily install the more intricate updates coming in the future.
That's the update to fix the audio issue.
Sponsored