Sponsored

Priority Update 23-PU0630-YAW-YT took away my hybrid driving?

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
Hey all,
Last night my truck received Priority Update 23-PU0630-YAW-YT. This morning on the way to the truck would not kick into electric mode in any of the places that it has kicked into electric mode over the last 90K miles of driving. The update states it helps with stability in a low charge state, but does that mean we just no longer have a hybrid truck? Does anyone have any insight if this is just a step to something larger or was the intent to take away the drivers ability to kick it into electric with slight brake pressure? This sucks

Ford F-150 Priority Update 23-PU0630-YAW-YT took away my hybrid driving? Screenshot_20240314_080725_FordPass
Sponsored

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
It will take a day to settle in and go back to using hybrid mode like before.

the battery theyre referring to is the low voltage

Last edited:
OP
OP
BRDVPRA

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
TheGoatman nailed it! It all settled back to normal....all good. Thanks!

PlatinumPat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Electrician
TheGoatman nailed it! It all settled back to normal....all good. Thanks!
Damn, thank goodness I looked this up first because I just got the update pushed to my vehicle and I scheduled it for tomorrow morning 1 AM… when I read the first comment, I literally went to uncheck it right now until finally reading the end.

have you noticed any difference in the hybrid, battery levels or ability, etc. ? I assume I’m planning to not have my vehicle in hybrid mode tomorrow lol.

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
Got the 23-PU0630-YAW-RT notice today. Getting applied tonight. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Sponsored

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost King Ranch
Hey all,
Last night my truck received Priority Update 23-PU0630-YAW-YT. This morning on the way to the truck would not kick into electric mode in any of the places that it has kicked into electric mode over the last 90K miles of driving. The update states it helps with stability in a low charge state, but does that mean we just no longer have a hybrid truck? Does anyone have any insight if this is just a step to something larger or was the intent to take away the drivers ability to kick it into electric with slight brake pressure? This sucks

Screenshot_20240314_080725_FordPass.jpg
It appears (and not surprised) to be their way of finally fixing the “POWERTRAIN MALFUNCTION / REDUCED POWER” error message that the Ford FS engineer could never correctly diagnose. I have documented failure in Acceleration when this error occurred. It’s been a long running issue that’s cost Ford a lot of time and money.

I’m waiting for a response from Ford if this update is specific to eliminating this error. I asked for details on what the following means:
“Powertrain Stability Improvements

Your vehicle's powertrain software has been updated to help prevent a possible error state where unnecessary messages may appear.”

I would like to know what unnecessary massages they targeted to eliminate.

TheGoatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 powerboost
I would like to know what unnecessary massages they targeted to eliminate too. Giggity.

Mladen5375

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 lariat powerboost, 2018 G80 Sport 3.3T
Occupation
Engineer
this pretty much happens after any big update....
Sponsored