First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I park far away just because my truck is so large. Also, I can hang my hitch over grass somewhere.
I do the same thing. park out as far as I can, hopefully with nothing behind the spot and at least 1 curb on one side.

I also do the same at the house. There is an empty lot across the street that a few years ago I cleared back the brush enough to park there where there no space for anyone to park next to me.
Sponsored

slow3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I may the only one in this thread that is glad the truck doesn't say hybrid. I'm thinking about swapping my 2.7L for one and I don't want "hYbRiD" stickers all over my truck. I don't have a god damn reason to please anyone or appease any one group, no thanks.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
I park far away just because my truck is so large. Also, I can hang my hitch over grass somewhere.
I do that at home, but in Jackson, there was a whole row of empty parking spots for "Hybrid Vehicles Only" that a Prius and I had all to ourselves. They also did not charge for those spots, so it certainly had its perks parking there.
Unfortunately, after a few incidents with uninformed granola eaters, I decided it was not worth the risk.

Edit - I certainly do not want a hybrid badge on my truck either. I do think that there is an opportunity to step up the advertising/awareness on Powerboost. Of course, there is also an opportunity for people to not assume anything about my truck or my state... but that is a whole different conversation.

JJ
(he, she, it)

Last edited:

Deleted member 14557

I wonder how they dealt with this in the 1800s when you pulled up riding a Clydesdale and it said "No Morgans, only Stalions" at the tie-up post. I mean the shit all smelled the same. Besides you could put a sign on dash saying "Beer-run Be Right Back"

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Labeling your truck as hybrid in certain areas is going to increase the likelihood of having your catalytic converter stolen.
Very true, I thought my area was blind to that, but I had a co-worker get her stolen while she was at work at a major hospital during the day, so pricks are out everywhere
Sponsored