Price Protection - New Vehicle orders

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
There's been some questions on new Vehicle price protection, with the delay on vehicles because of microchips and an increase in retail ordered vehicles because of the lack of dealer supply this has become a bigger issue.

I did some research on this and have a definitive answer on Ford's price protection policy.

Example:
Customer Orders a Lariat with $73,000 MSRP and agreed to selling price of $73,000 on 1/01/22.
Ford implements price increase on 02/15/22.
Dealer is invoiced for Lariat on 03/01/22 with a $75,000 MSRP.
Customer takes delivery on 03/31/22 with the $73,000 agreed to price.
Ford reimburses the selling dealership with an adjustment invoice on 05/15/22 automatically for price difference as long as it is sold to the customer who it was ordered for.

I have seen this happen a handful of times, but wasn't aware 100% of the process. This is done automatically and at the dealership level is something that isn't communicated all that well. I had to do some digging to find this policy. But if you have an agreed to price with your selling dealership on a retail order, they should honor that price. (I will say, that most dealerships will probably not be aware of this policy, I wasn't). Then Ford after processing the transaction and verifying that it was delivered to the customer who the car was ordered for will then send an adjustment invoice to the dealership reimbursing them for the price difference.

I have attached the Price protection policy here for your reference if your dealership isn't aware of the policy. The good news is that this is automatic and the dealership won't need to jump through any hoops to get it. The bad news is that most Ford's dealerships probably aren't aware. So don't think that they are crooks if they try to charge you the adjusted price, they most likely just aren't aware of the program. Just present this price protection flyer I have attached and I believe most store's will honor the price for you.

Again, the dealer has received an invoice for the full price. I'm sure most sales manager's are under the assumption their pricing has raised so they will pass it along and aren't aware of this program.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, Zach.

Unfortunately, I was told under no uncertain terms by Chapman of Horsham that adding Park Assist Removal would void the price protection according to Ford's policy and they would not budge. My concern is that there are trusted dealers who are not being honest with customers after generating significant business on the forums.
Sponsored

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Zach, any way you can do many of us on East Coast a favor and get Tom Borah on the phone to explain the policy. You once mentioned that you guys talk from time to time. As the previous poster stated, Chapman’s retail order team keep claiming that ANY updates to DORA after MSRP increases void price protection for that customer. It’s frustrating for 100s of recent F150 and Superduty customers who had to drop certain commodities to help get their trucks scheduled.

Thank you.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
What is required to qualify for price protection? I placed an order months ago, but price was not part of the conversation. I signed an order, but never placed a deposit. By the time I got a window sticker, there were several price hikes. If it was order verification is it protected based on order date?
As long as you did not make any changes to your build, you should be price protected.

10DOTSCOTT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited AWD
As long as you did not make any changes to your build, you should be price protected.
Why is everything with Ford so blurry. "See your dealer for incentives", "Check with your dealer on Price Protection"? Why can't Ford have a policy that is clear on price protection. No offense to you Zach but saying as long as no changes were made you SHOULD be price protected doesn't offer the reassurance that we need as the customer.

Anor4k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Thanks for the reply! How would I go about asking the dealer to look up the price at the time of the order (before the window sticker price)? Unfortunately my dealer hasn't been helpful in answering my questions

Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Why is everything with Ford so blurry. "See your dealer for incentives", "Check with your dealer on Price Protection"? Why can't Ford have a policy that is clear on price protection. No offense to you Zach but saying as long as no changes were made you SHOULD be price protected doesn't offer the reassurance that we need as the customer.
This is all variable because with the dealer model, Ford has no direct authority over the deal you make with the dealer. If you do not agree to a price with your dealer when you make the order, then there is no guarantee of price protection. There are people who made an order and didn't sign anything with a price, so the dealer can charge them whatever they want when the truck comes in. Yes, there are people out there spending $70K and not getting anything on paper...

However, if you and the dealer agree to the prices and costs in the deal (as a dealer like Granger CLEARLY does when you order from them) then you are assured price protection.

It comes down to you and your specific dealer, and your specific deal.

athenslb57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
My dealer is shafting me with a 3k increase.. Ordered in December and confirmed by ford on the 18th of December. Have a signed order sheet with price and all. Called today and said only incentives are price protected.. so glad I got 1500 off the increase of 3000 😂
And did you show them this document? If so, what did they say?

Ford F-150 Price Protection - New Vehicle orders 2022-F150-Price-Increases-Effective-December-27-2021

10DOTSCOTT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited AWD
This is all variable because with the dealer model, Ford has no direct authority over the deal you make with the dealer. If you do not agree to a price with your dealer when you make the order, then there is no guarantee of price protection. There are people who made an order and didn't sign anything with a price, so the dealer can charge them whatever they want when the truck comes in. Yes, there are people out there spending $70K and not getting anything on paper...

However, if you and the dealer agree to the prices and costs in the deal (as a dealer like Granger CLEARLY does when you order from them) then you are assured price protection.

It comes down to you and your specific dealer, and your specific deal.
I am referring to changes in the order prior to delivery. What doesn't appear to be clear from Ford is at what stage in the order - i.e. submitted - unscheduled clean can a change be made that won't cause the price protection to not be honored from Ford to the dealer.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Thanks for the reply! How would I go about asking the dealer to look up the price at the time of the order (before the window sticker price)? Unfortunately my dealer hasn't been helpful in answering my questions
Each dealership does their process a little different, but there should be a document that you had singed with your price on it. I would give him a call and try to get a better understanding of where they are with your order.

Mitch42

First Name
mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 ram 1500 21 Platinum Expedition
Occupation
auto repair
I changed my order to include adaptive steering about 3 or 4 weeks after my original order which would have been early December . Did I lose my original price for adding that ?
TIA

Sponsored

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
I changed my order to include adaptive steering about 3 or 4 weeks after my original order which would have been early December . Did I lose my original price for adding that ?
TIA

As moronic as the answer sounds - it depends on the dealer. Granger will tell you its OK to do, you will keep price protection of the original order date. Chapman will tell you doing that you will lose price protection - latest submitted DORA date is your latest price level.

I also added adaptive steering with Dexter at Koons onto my platinum that has now been unscheduled since Sep 2021. He said order should be price protected.

Jc2430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
How does this work with X-Plan pricing? I ordered early Feb (before two price increases) with agreed on x-plan pricing and after I mentioned price protection with x-plan to my sales guy, he acted like he wasn't too sure about that and would get back to me. This was a few days ago and haven't heard back since.

I know x-plan pricing should be on the invoice, but if the invoice has changed and it doesn't clearly display the previous price anywhere then I'm almost positive my dealer isn't gonna jump through the hoops to figure it out and just present the the latest invoice x-plan price instead.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
How does this work with X-Plan pricing? I ordered early Feb (before two price increases) with agreed on x-plan pricing and after I mentioned price protection with x-plan to my sales guy, he acted like he wasn't too sure about that and would get back to me. This was a few days ago and haven't heard back since.

I know x-plan pricing should be on the invoice, but if the invoice has changed and it doesn't clearly display the previous price anywhere then I'm almost positive my dealer isn't gonna jump through the hoops to figure it out and just present the the latest invoice x-plan price instead.
The sales team at my dealership made it sound like my x-plan pricing will be price protected. I spoke with the new sales manager because the salesman didn't know for sure. I have the pricing on a/z, d, and x on my order sheet. You'll probably find out the answer before me because I just ordered my truck on the 9th.

BritCanuck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4x4 2.7EB XLT SuperCab, 6.5Ft, 302a order
Occupation
Self Employed Photographer
Any idea how this works in Canada? That doc says it applies in the US only.

22XLTF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150
Should be similar in Canada. I ordered in Dec 2021 and picking up the truck this Wednesday. Price stayed the same per the original X-Plan signed order even though the invoice was $1400 higher than when I ordered. I am in Ontario.
Sponsored