witnerranger

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
FYI

Was told pricing is based off of final invoice which was $1400 more than the Jan 11th DORA. We've seen plenty of evidence in this forum to show Ford is offering price protection but it is obviously up to the dealer's discretion whether to pass that on the the customer. The $1400 will be their's because I need the truck, but the shame and knowledge that they acted poorly will be their burden to bear.

Reluctant Customer
Sponsored

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
FYI

Was told pricing is based off of final invoice which was $1400 more than the Jan 11th DORA. We've seen plenty of evidence in this forum to show Ford is offering price protection but it is obviously up to the dealer's discretion whether to pass that on the the customer. The $1400 will be their's because I need the truck, but the shame and knowledge that they acted poorly will be their burden to bear.

Reluctant Customer
Thats brutal, but they got ya by the balls. Ill be in the same spot should that happen to me.

Buzzard3142

First Name
Buzzard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor (soon), 2021 Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Retired
That sucks. Still under invoice though?

Sponsored

NomadV

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
Def put them on full blast when you get the survey email as well as hit em on social media

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
I have bought 2 f150 from them, no price change from DORA.
I have another MachE on order thru them, so far no price change.
I don’t know what happened in your case, feel sorry for you. But if sticker shows the new price, I don’t think dealer can do anything, except give you more discount.

Atom1013

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
Self employed
FYI

Reluctant Customer
Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago with them. Ordered in November. There apparently was a disclaimer on the emails stating that. I did not see it on any of the emails before my truck arrived.

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
FYI

Reluctant Customer
I just picked up my King Ranch at Chapman Ford on Fri the 15th. My DORA reflected PL215. My sticker shows PL225, which is the Dec increase. I was price protected. I'm going to PM you.

Sponsored

hamd1786

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Tacoma SR, 22 F-150 Lariat
FYI

Reluctant Customer
Did you make changes to your order?

and wasn’t your truck delivered like a while ago? They contacted you now? For a delivery?

OP
OP

witnerranger

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Did you make changes to your order?

and wasn’t your truck delivered like a while ago? They contacted you now? For a delivery?
No changes; delivered on 4/19. I contacted them a couple of days after delivery said I think you have my truck and was told to wait for their "your vehicle has arrived" email. In their defense, they are "very busy with 30 plus vehicles arriving recently". Truck sat at the dealer for a week before they saw fit to email me about financing. I am still waiting for the opportunity to come get my truck ... i must be on the naughty list with Mr. Chapman. Every bone in my body says to tell these guys where to go but maybe their plan is to really piss off some customers so they walk from a truck that can be marked up. Pondering my next move.

Last edited:

hamd1786

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Tacoma SR, 22 F-150 Lariat
No changes; delivered on 4/19. I contacted them a couple of days after delivery said I think you have my truck and was told to wait for their "your vehicle has arrived" email. In their defense, they are "very busy with 30 plus vehicles arriving recently". Truck sat at the dealer for a week before they saw fit to email me about financing. I am still waiting for the opportunity to come get my truck ... i must be on the naughty list with Mr. Chapman. Every bone in my body says to tell these guys where to go but maybe their plan is to really piss off some customers so they walk from a truck that can be marked up. Pondering my next move.
I mean theirbusiness model depends on unheard discounts so they might tryna piss off people

When I emailed to ask about pricing two weeks ago.

Ashlie insisted that Ford orders are price protected and they would honor - this is where it gets tricky - “% under invoice we offered” which made me believe they’ll play games at time of delivery. Never said the word “the price” we offered on your Dora.

I specifically asked would you honor under 4% from old Dora or the new sticker price generated

To which I couldn’t get a straight answer.

honestly my truck was built 3/28 and is still sitting in Wilmington. I’m so done with ford at this point I’d rather find an MSRP GMC HD truck and call it quits

like I hope you can fight it out - I am curious how are you paying for the truck

doing in house financing with chapman
OR
bought your own
OR
cash
OR
lease

Maybe that orignal price protection BS is only valid if you finance through them. They might get a $1400 kickback from the bank - if so finance it and pay it off next day.

OP
OP

witnerranger

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
No changes. Truck sat at the dealer for a week before they saw fit to email me about financing. I am still waiting for the opportunity to come get my truck ... i must be on the naughty list with Mr. Chapman.
I mean theirbusiness model depends on unheard discounts so they might tryna piss off people

When I emailed to ask about pricing two weeks ago.

Ashlie insisted that Ford orders are price protected and they would honor - this is where it gets tricky - “% under invoice we offered” which made me believe they’ll play games at time of delivery. Never said the word “the price” we offered on your Dora.

I specifically asked would you honor under 4% from old Dora or the new sticker price generated

To which I couldn’t get a straight answer.

honestly my truck was built 3/28 and is still sitting in Wilmington. I’m so done with ford at this point I’d rather find an MSRP GMC HD truck and call it quits

like I hope you can fight it out - I am curious how are you paying for the truck

doing in house financing with chapman
OR
bought your own
OR
cash
OR
lease

Maybe that orignal price protection BS is only valid if you finance through them. They might get a $1400 kickback from the bank - if so finance it and pay it off next day.
Paying cash, so that could hurt me. Just watched the youtube on how Ford will reimburse the dealer 45 days later for the price increases ... seems pretty straight forward. Maybe times are really tough at Chapman Horsham.
Sponsored