First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
What device do you have those PIDs on? Tablet? Seems like they would be way too small to fit on a phone.
It's my phone, Pixel 8 Pro. I need to find a better place to rest my phone to see them all, but it's not too difficult to get what I need in a quick glance.
Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
It's my phone, Pixel 8 Pro. I need to find a better place to rest my phone to see them all, but it's not too difficult to get what I need in a quick glance.
My eyes aren't good enough to see all those gauges on my Pixel 7 phone.

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties
Thinking of buying a dedicated device for this, any recommendations? Obviously something cheap since it wont be doing anything else.

Also is ProClip still the go to mount? I was on their site and theres a ton of options now...any recomendations here also appreciated.

OP
OP
turbopilot

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
So dashboard 1.5 is it setup for a 2022 or 2023? None of the gauges seem to be registering for me…
It uses the 2022 PID's. Works fine on a 2023. Just tell the app you have a 2022. They changed several PID names in 2023. Not worth it to chase down until some new compelling PIDS are discovered in the 2023 versions.

Sponsored

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties
It uses the 2022 PID's. Works fine on a 2023. Just tell the app you have a 2022. They changed several PID names in 2023. Not worth it to chase down until some new compelling PIDS are discovered in the 2023 versions.
Yea I have a 2021...not sure what I did, but as a prior software engineer/architect this app makes my head hurt...I havent felt this dumb in a while.

Deleted the app and started over. All seems to be working now.

I added some PIDs for CCM/IPMA to another page, trying to figure out how the CMR/Driver alert system works.

@Snakebitten are you monitoring any PCM PIDs regarding combustion/Octane? Curious to see how my livernois tune is affecting things.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yea I have a 2021...not sure what I did, but as a prior software engineer/architect this app makes my head hurt...I havent felt this dumb in a while.

Deleted the app and started over. All seems to be working now.

I added some PIDs for CCM/IPMA to another page, trying to figure out how the CMR/Driver alert system works.

@Snakebitten are you monitoring any PCM PIDs regarding combustion/Octane? Curious to see how my livernois tune is affecting things.
There's a bunch to choose from, but I just monitor Knock, Timing advance, and OAR.

Mike_D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
With a road trip coming up, I'll be looking into this. I have a USB OBDLink EX I use for Forscan, but this might be useful, and fun, to monitor during the trip.
I just went through the research process and discovered that it appears that OBDLink EX adapter is not compatible with iOS, so if you have an Apple iPhone (like me) you may be out of luck using turbopilot's PowerBoost dashboard with your OBDLink EX (like me). However, looks like Android is supported.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
In my work experience, the battery manufacturer guidance for SOC and proper charge/maintenance should be adhered to when possible for maximum performance and longevity. That's difficult when Ford contracts out their battery manufacturing and then doesn't provide needed information. We are to just trust that they designed the charging/maintenance system without any supporting documentation.

Mike_D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well I've got the PowerBoost 1.5 dashboard up and running on my iPhone XR (I'll post a screenshot asap), thanks to @turbopilot and all others involved in putting this together, an absolutely terrific capability for understanding my truck better!

One question: Looks like all gauges are working properly for me except for one, "Fuel Flow (gal/hr)".

In the OBDLink app, for this gauge under Display Configuration, it is currently linked to PID "Engine fuel rate" in the "SAE PIDs" category. I noticed that most of the gauges pull from PIDs in the "Ford, Lincoln, Mercury" category, so I wanted to ask about this Engine fuel rate PID since it seems like an outlier.

Trying to troubleshoot why my "Fuel Flow (gal/hr)" gauge does not update (remains at value "0"). Could someone confirm that my mapping for this PID is correct? Anybody else have this issue and was able to resolve? Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
turbopilot

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Well I've got the PowerBoost 1.5 dashboard up and running on my iPhone XR (I'll post a screenshot asap), thanks to @turbopilot and all others involved in putting this together, an absolutely terrific capability for understanding my truck better!

One question: Looks like all gauges are working properly for me except for one, "Fuel Flow (gal/hr)".

In the OBDLink app, for this gauge under Display Configuration, it is currently linked to PID "Engine fuel rate" in the "SAE PIDs" category. I noticed that most of the gauges pull from PIDs in the "Ford, Lincoln, Mercury" category, so I wanted to ask about this Engine fuel rate PID since it seems like an outlier.

Trying to troubleshoot why my "Fuel Flow (gal/hr)" gauge does not update (remains at value "0"). Could someone confirm that my mapping for this PID is correct? Anybody else have this issue and was able to resolve? Thanks!
Fuel flow takes data from the SAE PID "Engine Fuel Rate". It will be "0" when the PB is started but the engine is off.

Mike_D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the confirmation @turbopilot ! Not sure what's going on with that gauge for me.....I took a 6 hour highway trip this weekend and "Fuel Flow (gal/hr)" never reports anything other than value of zero during all driving so far. Maybe I'll try re-linking the PID, or uninstall/reinstall the app and dashboard. It's a minor issue for me at the moment, not doing any RV-ing, I'll keep fiddling with it. Thrilled to have the data that all other gauges provide, everything else seems to be reporting proper data, thank you!

OP
OP
turbopilot

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Thanks for the confirmation @turbopilot ! Not sure what's going on with that gauge for me.....I took a 6 hour highway trip this weekend and "Fuel Flow (gal/hr)" never reports anything other than value of zero during all driving so far. Maybe I'll try re-linking the PID, or uninstall/reinstall the app and dashboard. It's a minor issue for me at the moment, not doing any RV-ing, I'll keep fiddling with it. Thrilled to have the data that all other gauges provide, everything else seems to be reporting proper data, thank you!
You can delete fuel flow, then recreate it but then you will see what a hassle it is to get all the formatting right. Could be an import glitch.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm betting there is an equivalent PID for fuel flow in the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury library?

Mike_D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@turbopilot

Here's a screenshot from my older iPhone XR (12th generation), I did no reformatting of your v1.5 dashboard, just imported it directly, so that's good news!

In this screenshot I'm cruising along at 40MPH in Normal drive mode, you can see that ICE is on (1469 RPM) but Fuel Flow is zero.....I'll keep fiddling with it, and I'll see if I can find an equivalent PID for fuel flow in the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury library as per @Snakebitten .

Also, installing your dashboard has also paid other great dividends! When I first got it up and running on Friday/Saturday, I saw that my 14V SOC was only 60% (I'm sure due in part to my commute to work being only 4 miles/short trips)! I put my NOCO G3500 charger on it (in 12V 3.5A AGM mode) for the time I had available before a road trip and got it up to 70%, then I went on a 6 hour highway jaunt and when I returned home it was at 81%. As you can see it's now dropped back to 76%, I need to put the charger back on and let it complete a full charging cycle.

A couple weeks back I was doing some evaluation of my 7.2kW ProPower Onboard system with significant electrical loads (~3000W total) for the first time, and I experienced the "constant ICE ON"/idle drops back to 1000 RPM state that has been discussed, I wonder if my likely low 14V SOC (60%) at the time may have been contributing to what I was seeing.....anyway now that I have insight into 14V SOC, I can make sure to keep it at the proper level. Thank you all. I'll report back if I resolve the Fuel Flow gauge issue.

Ford F-150 PowerBoost 1.5 - We Need More Than Idiot Lights IMG_1705.PNG
Sponsored