First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Seems every time I finally get the GWM update to run a new version of APIM pops up. My $50 ends tonight so I may have to buy more time if the GWM module continues to not update. Still getting close to Blue Cruise.
Based on your picture, you're only 1-2 updates away from BlueCruise. I think there's only one APIM update more for you. You should be able to finish tonight if the truck cooperates with you.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The unfortunate part about do them so quickly is the online data hasn’t had a chance to register. Every update on these newer updates change as build. So that is why after a day the update works because it’s had time to adjust to the next level available. So it’s hard to always get them done in a 2 day span.

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
The unfortunate part about do them so quickly is the online data hasn’t had a chance to register. Every update on these newer updates change as build. So that is why after a day the update works because it’s had time to adjust to the next level available. So it’s hard to always get them done in a 2 day span.
Which is exactly why I buy the “2-day” license very early the morning I intend to start programming. The license is valid for the day you buy it plus two calendar days thereafter, effectively giving you three days instead of two.

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
Which is exactly why I buy the “2-day” license very early the morning I intend to start programming. The license is valid for the day you buy it plus two calendar days thereafter, effectively giving you three days instead of two.
Good then I have one more day. Ford is trying to make this as hard as possible. I am now stopped because the Ford server is not provisioned with the needed information.

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 12.54.35 PM

PadU235

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat V8 Job 1, 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Retired
The dealer had my truck for nine days and was unable to fix the stuck update. I ordered a mongoose and tried to update it myself. I started applying the fix and it all was working well until I connected the ethernet cable and received an error that the USB-ethernet adapter was incompatible, but it was a brand new approved adapter. I have ordered a second adapter just in case. I have the latest TSB version and the cables are on the list. I tried multiple cables and get the same error.

The truck now reports a DTC on the APIM and GWM that shows incompatible software. I drove the truck and it seems fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sponsored

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
The truck now reports a DTC on the APIM and GWM that shows incompatible software. I drove the truck and it seems fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?
If it helps this is the adapter I used. All went well on first try. I had to use straight USB first, then the ethernet adapter as called for with software prompts.

"Steve"

First Name
"Steve"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21(1).302.PB.157.OX
The dealer had my truck for nine days and was unable to fix the stuck update. I ordered a mongoose and tried to update it myself. I started applying the fix and it all was working well until I connected the ethernet cable and received an error that the USB-ethernet adapter was incompatible, but it was a brand new approved adapter. I have ordered a second adapter just in case. I have the latest TSB version and the cables are on the list. I tried multiple cables and get the same error.

whats your exact error? seems similar to what i experienced at first and had to try a different computer. it wasnt actually the cable, but either my old comp, or the drivers or something.

PadU235

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The error indicated "Unable to communicate with
vehicle through ethernet adapter" I think. I have one of the recommended adapters and very good recent model laptop. The adapter works when connected to my router and laptop, I order another of the same model to try tomorrow. I'm in the same boat as I do not have another laptop with an ethernet connection but I do have a couple desktops I could try.

PadU235

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I thing that really bothers me are the DTC's for the APIM and GWM that say incompatible software. I have no idea what to do about them. Drove my truck around for a while and tried to reset DTC but no luck.

Sponsored

PadU235

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I was wondering if anyone has completed TSB 22-2150 using windows 11 and the Trendnet TU2-ET100 USB2.0 ethernet adapter. After my attempt failed i looked but could not find a windows 11 specific driver for that adapter. I found a windows 11 driver for the UGREEN USB USB 3.0 model no 40321 and will try again tomorrow when the adapter arrives.

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
Sharing a success story ...

Over the weekend I took on the FDRS/Mongoose route and followed the 21G01 bulletin to the letter. Several of the modules were already up to the latest. The image processing module was the largest update, includes updates to several other modules as well, took about 3 hours alone. Should note I was already OTA at 2.3.x. Everything went fine, even got a FordPass notification that Bluecruise was enabled and my 1-year trail was activated. For each and every USB update I quick formatted the USB stick, not sure if it helped any but every update popped up quickly on the screen.

Appreciate all the research, writeups here!
hello all ....
what are customers doing when your dealer has had your vehicle for 7 days ? They say some of the files are corrupted and they are unable to update ? They say that ford hotline is helping them but still no blue cruise. Last weekend I picked up my F150 and kept it for the weekend ? This is frustrating and I am not sure it is safe to drive with so many updated due to install ?
please help ......

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The updates that are in play aren't likely to cause your truck to be unsafe to drive.

Almost every possible scenario has played out over the past few months on the FDRS thread where folks are successfully updating their trucks where OTA and the dealerships fail. Other than temporarily losing cruise control or lane keeping, nothing that would result in unsafe vehicle operations has happened.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I thing that really bothers me are the DTC's for the APIM and GWM that say incompatible software. I have no idea what to do about them. Drove my truck around for a while and tried to reset DTC but no luck.
This will be there until the update is complete.
hello all ....
what are customers doing when your dealer has had your vehicle for 7 days ? They say some of the files are corrupted and they are unable to update ? They say that ford hotline is helping them but still no blue cruise. Last weekend I picked up my F150 and kept it for the weekend ? This is frustrating and I am not sure it is safe to drive with so many updated due to install ?
please help ......
Send me your vin Ill look and see whats stalled.

phileefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 3.5L PowerBoost 302A SCREW
Occupation
Maintenance Electrician
@Jesse-Infotainment

A couple of days ago you ran my VIN# and came back with these available updates. I have a 2021 job 2 truck, is there any issues you can see with me doing these updates? I'm not planning on doing them right away, just trying to get up to speed with the whole FDRS process. Thanks......

Ford F-150 ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot_6
Sponsored