Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I would love to see a vid of that new P3 V3 you got coming. That looks outstanding.
Working on it! Only a few more things to iron out and we will be ready!
Sponsored

fordboost

First Name
tdot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 boost
Alright.. so turns out the truck didn’t have the harness in the glove box ?? Guess I can order one.

mxwrk

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Powerboost

Longdeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Platinum 701A PB
Occupation
Retired Drives & Controls Automation Electrical Engineer
I’ve designed and made my own Pedestrian Alert Speaker Control Unit. The remote control OFF/ON is via the middle garage door opener button on the truck visor.

Since I’m retired, I still like to design & make stuff just for fun of it. Therefore I will not be selling it as a product with headaches of business and liability. It just for the pleasure of keeping mind & spirit active in retirement.
Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) IMG_2881
Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) IMG_2888

Sponsored

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I’ve designed and made my own Pedestrian Alert Speaker Control Unit. The remote control OFF/ON is via the middle garage door opener button on the truck visor.

Since I’m retired, I still like to design & make stuff just for fun of it. Therefore I will not be selling it as a product with headaches of business and liability. It just for the pleasure of keeping mind & spirit active in retirement.
IMG_2881.jpeg
IMG_2888.jpeg

Very Nice!! Love seeing what people come up with at home. This is nearly identical to our product as well, if anyone is looking head to the link in my signature!

KW58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 302A

IMG_2881.jpeg
IMG_2888.jpeg
Anyone have a switched power source that's (comparatively) easy to get to they'd recommend for hooking up one of the remote bypass kits?

Awesome work LongDeck! This inspired me to come up with something similar (using homelink buttons) but with WillB17's RC bypass kit. Figured I'd share for the other folks reading the forum that Will confirmed his RC transmitter will work with homelink (433mhz). I'm assuming the "on" and "off" buttons are different codes (or there wouldn't be two buttons on the transmitter). What I'm looking at doing is ordering the "normally on" version of the RC bypass, putting it on a power source that only comes on with the ignition, then programming a homelink button to the "off" button on the remote.

This would basically leave the truck in factory mode most of the time, then pressing the correct homelink button would put it in quiet mode until the next truck power cycle. (Trying not to carry an extra key fob on my keys or mount one more thing to my dash). I know most on this forum just want it off all the time, but we're a litigious society, so I'll deal with the ufo noise and beeps when I'm not leaving the neighborhood at o-dark-thirty or backing into a campground.

Since I have an XLT, no homelink as of yet, but I have a replacement rearview mirror on order; will be ordering the RC bypass kit once I have that installed, looking to plan ahead on a switched power source to wire it up once I have all the gear. Will report back here if I get it all working as intended as I'm probably not the only one who would like the setup to operate in this fashion.

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4X4 Lariat 501A Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone have a switched power source that's (comparatively) easy to get to they'd recommend for hooking up one of the remote bypass kits?

Awesome work LongDeck! This inspired me to come up with something similar (using homelink buttons) but with WillB17's RC bypass kit. Figured I'd share for the other folks reading the forum that Will confirmed his RC transmitter will work with homelink (433mhz). I'm assuming the "on" and "off" buttons are different codes (or there wouldn't be two buttons on the transmitter). What I'm looking at doing is ordering the "normally on" version of the RC bypass, putting it on a power source that only comes on with the ignition, then programming a homelink button to the "off" button on the remote.

This would basically leave the truck in factory mode most of the time, then pressing the correct homelink button would put it in quiet mode until the next truck power cycle. (Trying not to carry an extra key fob on my keys or mount one more thing to my dash). I know most on this forum just want it off all the time, but we're a litigious society, so I'll deal with the ufo noise and beeps when I'm not leaving the neighborhood at o-dark-thirty or backing into a campground.

Since I have an XLT, no homelink as of yet, but I have a replacement rearview mirror on order; will be ordering the RC bypass kit once I have that installed, looking to plan ahead on a switched power source to wire it up once I have all the gear. Will report back here if I get it all working as intended as I'm probably not the only one who would like the setup to operate in this fashion.
I used rostra source power 250-2950 when I want devices to only turn on when the truck is on. I’ve also made my wireless pedestrian device that uses a 9v battery. So far been a year and have not had to replace the battery.
Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) IMG_0029

KW58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 302A
I used rostra source power 250-2950 when I want devices to only turn on when the truck is on. I’ve also made my wireless pedestrian device that uses a 9v battery. So far been a year and have not had to replace the battery.
IMG_0029.jpeg
Is this a relay of some kind?

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Is this a relay of some kind?
Internally I guess it has a relay. It senses when there is voltage in use and turns on. When it senses no voltage use, it turns off. Connects directly to the battery

Sponsored

KW58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 302A
Internally I guess it has a relay. It senses when there is voltage in use and turns on. When it senses no voltage use, it turns off. Connects directly to the battery
Clever little contraption. I’m curious how that thing senses when to switch on/off. For the bypass I may still look for a switched power source to avoid parasitic drain on what’s apparently already a weak 12v system, but I will definitely remember this gadget down the road. Thanks!

jabrego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clever little contraption. I’m curious how that thing senses when to switch on/off. For the bypass I may still look for a switched power source to avoid parasitic drain on what’s apparently already a weak 12v system, but I will definitely remember this gadget down the road. Thanks!
I should be more clear, it senses when the truck battery has a load( truck ignition is turned on) then the rostra module turns on. When the ignition turns off the rostra module will power off.

KW58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 302A

Didn’t end up putting on a switched power source…for anyone else considering similar setup…the new model remote bypass kits have a one-button remote (unlike the two-button in the stock photo). Can confirm that remote button is programmable to homelink so now one of my unused garage door buttons turns the UFO/beep on or off since the remote is now single button.
@WillB17 great quality on the assembly by the way, well executed.

LouDog

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Lariat Powerboost
Didn’t end up putting on a switched power source…for anyone else considering similar setup…the new model remote bypass kits have a one-button remote (unlike the two-button in the stock photo). Can confirm that remote button is programmable to homelink so now one of my unused garage door buttons turns the UFO/beep on or off since the remote is now single button.
@WillB17 great quality on the assembly by the way, well executed.
can you explain how you did the home link programming with the remote? I’m very interested in this! Thanks!

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Glad this thread resurfaced. I'll be doing the back up delete and fuel door pin mods soon.
Sponsored