• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Order bank opening date for Lightning

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ask the magic 8 ball, have a %50 chance getting the right answer.
Signs hazy - try again later.

I know none of us can know, just thought it would give us something else to speculate about while we all wait.

Hoffman302

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Boss 302

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
My Dealer claims January 2022 and they were confident saying that....
But we all know dealers know nothing more than the public
Mine said October this year.
They’re all pulling it out of their 3rd point of contact.

Fact is, if Ford told them, we’d all know within 15 minutes.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
July is here, I say in 2-3 months it will be live. I'm wondering if there will be a first edition, maybe an XLT with leather/Blue Cruise/Extended battery/Memory Seats (driver), Rear Tailgate Lightbar

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July is here, I say in 2-3 months it will be live. I'm wondering if there will be a first edition, maybe an XLT with leather/Blue Cruise/Extended battery/Memory Seats (driver), Rear Tailgate Lightbar
First edition would be the most expensive trim. A platinum or limited. Not an xlt.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Does anyone know how it works?

If your dealer require a deposit? Is that refundable?

Are you legally obligated to buy it once you place the order?

Are you notified to place the order based on your reservation number or everyone invited to place the order at the same time?

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Does anyone know how it works?

If your dealer require a deposit? Is that refundable?

Are you legally obligated to buy it once you place the order?

Are you notified to place the order based on your reservation number or everyone invited to place the order at the same time?
Once order is placed, it's up to the dealer how much the deposit is and whether it's refundable. Personally I would avoid dealers that demand non-refundable deposits like a plague.

You are not legally obligated to follow through with the ordered purchase.

In the case of Mustang Mach-E, all reservation holders were notified at the same time to convert them to orders. Since Lightning has collected so many reservations, Ford might adjust the process.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In the case of Mustang Mach-E, all reservation holders were notified at the same time to convert them to orders. Since Lightning has collected so many reservations, Ford might adjust the process.
Thanks for very helpful response. Do you know if Mach-E folks were given a date range for delivery at conversion point? And if it was accurate? I assume there will be a significant time difference between first lightening reservation and the last person in line. That could mean $7500 difference in price if new Tax incentives do not pass.

Do you know if at the order time priorities get reshuffled based on who converts first? Or your spot in line will hold even if you are a bit slow in ordering?

Last edited:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Thanks for very helpful response. Do you know if Mach-E folks were given a date range for delivery at conversion point? And if it was accurate? I assume there will be a significant time difference between first lightening reservation and the last person in line. That could mean $7500 difference in price if new Tax incentives do not pass.

Do you know if at the order time priorities get reshuffled based on who converts first? Or you spot in line will hold even if you are a bit slow in ordering?
Complicating things even more, there are many reports of Ford limiting 1st year production (probably due to battery supply constraints). Ford hasn't said anything solid yet, but we're already at well over 100k reservations, probably at more than 200k (based on reservation numbers). There is the very real possibility that some may not get 2022 models and instead get early 2023s.

That could have further tax implications as well if "delivery" is after Jan 1, 2023 vs in 2022.

Of course all of this is dependent upon a smooth timely launch in mid 2022....with no delays. When does that ever happen....

Last edited:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Complicating things even more, there are many reports of Ford limiting 1st year production (probably due to battery supply constraints. Ford hasn't said anything solid yet, but we're already at well over 100k reservations, probably at more than 200k (based on reservation numbers). There is the very real possibility that some may need get 2022 models and instead get early 2023s.

That could have further tax implications as well if "delivery" is after Jan 1, 2023 vs in 2022.

Of course all of this is dependent upon a smooth timely launch in mid 2022....with no delays. When does that ever happen....
Do you expect at the point of conversion dealers will have something to test drive or everyone will order based on Ford's youtube videos?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Do you expect at the point of conversion dealers will have something to test drive or everyone will order based on Ford's youtube videos?
I don't know exactly what you're asking by "point of conversion".. but I would expect Ford to send out some demo models for dealers to conduct test drives, etc. I think that is a given.

Do I think they will have them at all(or even most) dealers before the order banks open this fall..no I do not. First adopters are probably gonna have to risk it a bit until supply starts to build up.
Sponsored