• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
denny@KMFord

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
any chance you will correct your zone rep on his spelling of 'Lightning"?
Not going to lie I noticed that but I wanted to copy and paste as I received it.
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
So, after living through the Bronco roll out...So far YTD Ford has produced roughly 26,000 Bronco's if I had to guess 2022 production will probably fall around 35-40K units again depending on Covid and commodities.

Now Ford was also able to produce almost 110K Bronco Sports for 2021...
WTF is wrong with Ford? The Bronco is a master class on how to FUBAR a new vehicle production. Did they have their B team working on it before they figured out the demand? If so, the instant that they figured out that demand was higher than anticipated, they should have put their top manufacturing experts in charge.

Jeep makes nearly that many Wranglers every month, while shortages are a factor, Wrangler production hasn't been impacted badly and Toyota has been able to make at least 100,000 4runners and ship them across the Pacific ocean from Japan in 2021.

There's no reason why Ford shouldn't have been able to satisfy every single order reservation and have extra leftover for the dealerships. By the time Ford catches up with demand, it won't be there anymore and many customers will have either been put-off by shitty dealerships and $10K ADMs, moved on to competitor vehicles or had their financial situations change.

Meanwhile, Ford was able to make over 100,000 units of the Bronco nobody asked for! Again, WTF is wrong with Ford?

Edsel was Ford's mistake by making a car they couldn't sell, Bronco is Ford's mistake by selling a car they couldn't make. Just like a joke with a punchline that can't live up to the anticipation, imagine waiting 18-36 months for what's effectively a convertible Ford Ranger; not funny at all!

I considered ordering a Bronco and even waited for the reveal event to decide on the F-150. I didn't even entertain the thought of reserving a Lightning based solely on how badly they handled the Bronco. Ford, knowing that they are hamstrung by their dealer network's monopoly on selling the cars they built, never should have bothered with a reservation system for another high demand vehicle, knowing that people willing to pay a few bucks more can always cut to the front of the line as long as things remain as they are.

I don't have a Lightning reservation, so I don't have any emotional investment in the matter. I do have some Ford stock, so there's hope that they learned their lesson and do the exact opposite of what they did with the Bronco, but for anyone with a Lightning reservation, don't think of it as a guarantee for a truck. Consider it more like a raffle ticket and you will be much happier. In the meanwhile, I am sure that they will be happy selling Lightning reservation holders Maverick hybrids while you wait!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
WTF is wrong with Ford? The Bronco is a master class on how to FUBAR a new vehicle production. Did they have their B team working on it before they figured out the demand? If so, the instant that they figured out that demand was higher than anticipated, they should have put their top manufacturing experts in charge.

Jeep makes nearly that many Wranglers every month, while shortages are a factor, Wrangler production hasn't been impacted badly and Toyota has been able to make at least 100,000 4runners and ship them across the Pacific ocean from Japan in 2021.

There's no reason why Ford shouldn't have been able to satisfy every single order reservation and have extra leftover for the dealerships. By the time Ford catches up with demand, it won't be there anymore and many customers will have either been put-off by shitty dealerships and $10K ADMs, moved on to competitor vehicles or had their financial situations change.

Meanwhile, Ford was able to make over 100,000 units of the Bronco nobody asked for! Again, WTF is wrong with Ford?

Edsel was Ford's mistake by making a car they couldn't sell, Bronco is Ford's mistake by selling a car they couldn't make. Just like a joke with a punchline that can't live up to the anticipation, imagine waiting 18-36 months for what's effectively a convertible Ford Ranger; not funny at all!

I considered ordering a Bronco and even waited for the reveal event to decide on the F-150. I didn't even entertain the thought of reserving a Lightning based solely on how badly they handled the Bronco. Ford, knowing that they are hamstrung by their dealer network's monopoly on selling the cars they built, never should have bothered with a reservation system for another high demand vehicle, knowing that people willing to pay a few bucks more can always cut to the front of the line as long as things remain as they are.

I don't have a Lightning reservation, so I don't have any emotional investment in the matter. I do have some Ford stock, so there's hope that they learned their lesson and do the exact opposite of what they did with the Bronco, but for anyone with a Lightning reservation, don't think of it as a guarantee for a truck. Consider it more like a raffle ticket and you will be much happier. In the meanwhile, I am sure that they will be happy selling Lightning reservation holders Maverick hybrids while you wait!
As of now, I think everyone with a reservation will be able to get one. Just may take 4 to 5 years. Gen 1 isn't sold out yet.

Sponsored

Apollyon05

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Explorer, 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Ford dealership Salesman
Damn, I am late on this one. My dealer still says the orders will be open tomorrow, we will see I guess..

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
With half the towing capacity...?
Ya I really don't understand how the bronco towing capacity is so low. It's the same as the bronco sport which is a much smaller, unibody vehicle. I'm guessing it's a combination of the off-road suspension and the cooling system limitations based on the design of the front end. If it had 5000+ capacity I would seriously be considering one.

OP
OP
denny@KMFord

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
If our dealer invited us to convert a reservation to an order, does that mean we are apart of "the chosen ones" ?
Great Question but I think the dealer will not have any say in that. My thought is the following:

1. Ford will send out notification to you directly to convert your order in "WAVES".
2. You will convert the order and Ford will send the information to us here at the store.
3. HOPE and I am say that will ZERO faith is that your converted order will push straight to WBDO and eliminate us here at the store from manually having to configure the unit.

We will see. I will say that I find it kind of prophetic that when I first said this would happen, my Zone Rep said the following: I just received word back from the eCommerce team

My thought is that Ford has not completed the entire build out of the Ecommerce Cart and Checkout Express yet.

Just yesterday I was able to go in and add the optional service agreements and any other lenders we are setup with as options for our guests during checkout process. What I think Ford wants to be able to do is ensure the pricing we set for the units is the price you are charged, to ensure the same situation does not occur, that occurred with Bronco.

If we state our price is $X.XX then you will literally be able to do all paperwork online.

That again I have zero proof of that call it a hunch.

I am curious what any other dealers think about that hypothesis.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I just got this from my Zone Rep. The order bank WILL NOT be opening today.

The image is small sorry about that. Just click on it to be able to read it.

Capture.JPG
Thank you for keeping us up to date! If possible can you ask about the online configurator?

Sponsored
OP
OP
denny@KMFord

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
My cousin’s, girlfriend’s, uncle’s brother heard from his granny’s second cousin that the F-150 lightning order bank might be open on 10/26 and might not. So get ready!
Ford F-150 Lightning [Kearny Mesa] Ford Lightning Update: Order Bank Date Pushed Back Capture.JPG

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Just yesterday I was able to go in and add the optional service agreements and any other lenders we are setup with as options for our guests during checkout process. What I think Ford wants to be able to do is ensure the pricing we set for the units is the price you are charged, to ensure the same situation does not occur, that occurred with Bronco.

If we state our price is $X.XX then you will literally be able to do all paperwork online.
As a consumer, that's the dream scenario while dealerships are still legally required to be involved. No offense to you or any of the other honest dealerships on this forum, but removing as much of the middlemen as possible needs to be Ford's goal, and it seems like it might be.

OP
OP
denny@KMFord

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
As a consumer, that's the dream scenario while dealerships are still legally required to be involved. No offense to you or any of the other honest dealerships on this forum, but removing as much of the middlemen as possible needs to be Ford's goal, and it seems like it might be.
Like I have said previoulsy I support this shift because once you take price out of the equation, consumers can work with a dealership that provides the best overall experience. That makes the delivery an event focused on technology and the understanding of how to use it. At this point, as a dealer, we will finally have an opportunity to change the consumers views of us. I might actaully be able to see this shift in perspective, which has been a principle of mine since I started selling cars in 2001.

OP
OP
denny@KMFord

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
Thank you for keeping us up to date! If possible can you ask about the online configurator?
Again nothing is 100% confirmed but I am hearing end of November allowing for a week or two before the order banks open.
Sponsored