Odd Clicking Sound while applying brakes in 2023 F150 Tremor

deadshot442

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
Hello all, I was wondering if anybody has had an issue with a series of clicking sounds coming from the dash whenever brakes are being applied. I just picked up this truck last week and it was not doing it upon delivery. More specifics are:
  1. only happens in drive or reverse
  2. happens in all 4wd and 2wd modes
  3. Physical brake does not have to be depressed, it happens in cruise when adaptive braking is applying brakes
  4. has two distinctive clicks depending on how hard brake is being applied
@Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

Last edited:

22stx

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 STX
Occupation
Truck driver
Hello all, I was wondering if anybody has had an issue with a series of clicking sounds coming from the dash whenever brakes are being applied. I just picked up this truck last week and it was not doing it upon delivery. More specifics are:
  3. Physical brake does not have to be depressed, it happens in cruise when adaptive braking is applying brakes
@Ford Motor Company
Mine does this also. I have a 22 STX.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I had that happen when the front brake pads shift in the calipers. Usually means that there is a clip broken or missing that holds the brake pads tight.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Yes. Electric booster engaging. I imagine we all have the lash set wrong from the factory, or it's set right and they just didn't design the noise out.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
@Ford Motor Company
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Sponsored

MapGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 XL; 2020 Ford Expedition XLT
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

My 2023 F150 makes this clicking sound, too. I plan on having it addressed at my first oil change at 5,000 miles. My modem keeps going in and out, too (even if I restart it by pulling fuse #32). The click happens between 16 and 45 mph. The click will happen INDEPENDENTLY of the brake pedal if the truck slows down below 16 mph on its own (i.e. coasting uphill to a near stop).

It seems crazy that no one has posted any solutions the dealers or technicians have found for this click. I mean surely someone has had this fixed and has a service record detailing the fix.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's possible to get a click inside the cabin from the brake pedal plunger mechanism itself. But you'd know if that was the source. It's local and distinct.

Then there's the possibility of it being from the brake master cylinder/booster assembly.

And finally, on 4WD trucks, there's a notorious click that can be created by a bit of slop in the front axle/hub mating surfaces, and Ford has a shim/washer available to address it.
Sponsored