First Name
Alexandros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
I bought a 2023 F150 Tremor about a month ago and the hood opened on its own while going 55mph down the interstate. Thankfully caught the “safety” manual latch and did not come all the way open. No ajar warning was present on the dash before it opened. So scary. Did anyone have similar experience?
Sponsored

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost
I haven't had mine open when driving but when I first picked it up it was very hard to close requiring a ridiculous slam to get it to latch - if it would latch. I adjusted the bump stops and it seems to be better now. Haven't had an issue in the last two years.

Sneezy

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
Weird, my 22 has a warning when the hood is popped. I wonder if they removed the latch sensor or if it’s just faulty

Side note my hood closes normally and doesn’t need to be slammed to get it to latch. Mine will pretty much latch under its own weight once it overcomes the gas struts.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
yep there is a thing that tells you
i have accidentally unlatched mine , looking for e brake release when my hand went to far down on the lower dash panel
my hood stays fixed tight until you get a finger under an edge then it pops free

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief

shooters1380

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Tremor
Occupation
Law enforcement
I bought a 2023 F150 Tremor about a month ago and the hood opened on its own while going 55mph down the interstate. Thankfully caught the “safety” manual latch and did not come all the way open. No ajar warning was present on the dash before it opened. So scary. Did anyone have similar experience?
i Haven’t had the hood on my 22 Tremor pop open while driving but I tell ya, there’s been several times I’ve noticed some really odd upward flex that had me concerned that it was about to.

This has happened when heading directly into headwind or doing 75-80 and getting side blasted from a gust. Although it hadn’t released and popped up (yet), I felt that it was about to. Have had many trucks and this is my 5th F150. Haven’t seen this kind of flexing in the hood before.

Carbon_21F-150

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Occupation
Operator
I have a 21 and mine opened going down the highway I was able to pull over safely and close it, the prior night I was emptying out my catch can so maybe it didn’t close right.
Sponsored