First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT SPORT
Occupation
Firefighter
Anyone hear a clicking sound while braking? I don’t hear it every time I brake, just every once and a while.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LimeyinTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Anyone hear a clicking sound while braking? I don’t hear it every time I brake, just every once and a while.
Hey Scotty. I notice a clicking noise when the cruise control is applying the brakes. I can't hear it at highway speeds, only below 40mph when coming to a stop for a queue of traffic at a light, etc. I don't hear this click when the pedal is applied. So my guess is that it is coming from the linkage for the powered brakes. As I don't typically use cruise in start-stop traffic my plan was to wait for the first service and mention it to the service department then.

OP
OP
Scotty

Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT SPORT
Occupation
Firefighter
I hear it when I push the brake pedal ?‍♂

Indiana2021F150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I hear a clicking noise as well. Only above 30 mph or so and seems to go away if vacuum is full. Also goes away if auto-hold is engaged at stop. It is not a squeak due to fit and finish- it is definitely mechanical. There is another thread on this issue as well. So at least six or seven folks have same issue.

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I have the same issue. Im not sure how to explain it to the dealer.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Yes have the issue and can't figure out how to duplicate it to the dealer. Had them look before and they said they couldn't do anything because they couldn't duplicate.... If someone figured out how to do it on command we can get them to address it
Sponsored