Sponsored

Ricksc

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
t is my belief that the ford pass app 5.0 we have now contains the most popular features for the majority of users. Those complaining about what it was and what it has become are in the minority.

I don’t think so. Seems a lot more negative reply’s then positive. All of which can say what they are missing.
Sponsored

Stealth88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a
Occupation
Aerospace
I don’t think so. Seems a lot more negative reply’s then positive. All of which can say what they are missing.
Web forum does not equate to the real world. The majority of users aren’t on web forums, so what you see here is moot.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I agree and said same earlier in this thread. I'm sure they have the data on what features are used most. Given how Ford has demonstrated handling of data I doubt they bothered trying to look at it though. Some meeting in some office decided what is most important with a clear focus on EV models. That is why we have only range and not fuel levels. EV owners want to know how far they can go so it gets a place on the home screen.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
No matter what portion of the vast conjecture of this thread turns out to be accurate, there's no reason anyone should believe that day 1 of V5 is some kind of finished product.

No different than the Job1 2021 F150 Sync4 was a finished product.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
No matter what portion of the vast conjecture of this thread turns out to be accurate, there's no reason anyone should believe that day 1 of V5 is some kind of finished product.

I agree with that too. They will keep working on it as they kept working on the old app. That doesn't mean old features will return necessarily but Ford isn't done refining it.

Highlighted the second to last bullet point in the version notes.

FordPass has been completely redesigned - introducing FordPass 5.0 for NA.
• Faster response, improved reliability
• Hassle-free one tap vehicle controls - no more press and hold
• Quicker access to key features
• Enhanced charge management
• New Remote Climate Control feature for F150 Lightning owners
• Streamlined design
Continuous upgrades and improvements
* This update is only available for North America at this time

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Another thing I have noticed under service records. It no longer has notations for warranty work. It now says "scheduled maintenance" on Ford website and the app.

Didn't know they had an official SSM for features removed in the past. If they do the same for the recent removals then they are likely permanent.

SSM 51379 2021-2023 F-150/Transit, 2022-2023 F-150 Lightning - Discontinued Features In FordPass
Some 2021-2023 F-150/Transit, 2022-2023 F-150 Lightning vehicles may experience issues utilizing the Smart Hitch, ProPower Onboard or Onboard Scales features (if equipped) in the FordPass app. Symptoms may include inability to connect, incorrect data displayed in the app, no weight displayed, unable to power on/off the feature, unable to turn on generator mode (gas vehicles only). The connection for these features has been removed from the Android version of the FordPass app, and will soon be removed from the iOS version. The Smart Hitch and Onboard Scales will also be removed in a future FordPass release expected no later than March 1st, 2023. Full functionality of these features will remain in vehicle, but will not be controllable from FordPass. Advise the customer of the FordPass changes and do not perform any repairs for this concern.

Steve53

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 5.0 401a
Occupation
Retired
Unfortunately, my phone updated the app unbeknownst to me. So I guess I am stuck with it. For me the app no longer locks or unlocks my doors, nor will it start my truck. Called the Help desk, while they were courteous enough, the person I spoke with was unable to solve my issue. She had me delete the app and reload, with the caveat that my cell phone needed to have 3 bars or better service. The new upload did not make a difference. A case was opened, details to follow.....

Well, yesterday afternoon while sitting on the patio enjoying a cold one, I decided to see if the issues I was having were still present. Much to my surprise, I was able to lock and unlock the doors and I was able to start the truck using the App. My only guess is that, when speaking with Ford, I had turned on the scheduled updates. Something I had not done previously. (This is in addition to automatic updates. This feature downloads updates at 1:00 AM ).
With that said I still miss the features from the previous version of the app. In my mind there is no reason why Ford could not have changed the start screen and retained the features of the of the previous version......

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Web forum does not equate to the real world. The majority of users aren’t on web forums, so what you see here is moot.
Is the feedback I am seeing on the iOS App Store site moot too? V5 is getting trashed there too.

jz777

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat, 2020 BMW M240i Convertible

Agree. Received an email yesterday to inform me that 5.0.1 is available to test now in Apple TestFlight. I haven’t noticed any changes yet, but it tells me that Ford isn’t done yet and I’m hoping features will be added back in.

Sponsored

bmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost
Anyone’s remote start not working since the update? The old app would work 80% of the time but I’m batting 0 all weekend.

Agree with the rest of the commentary here on how disappointing the app is. Didn’t they run a beta version asking for feedback and it was overwhelming negative citing the same issues we see in the final release? How do they just launch it anyway.

I also saw Farley’s LinkedIn post on the update getting torn apart with a lot of the same feedback from here… so it’s not just us forum folks wondering why they stepped backwards.

Marman242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Hi F-150 owners! If you recently updated your FordPass® app, you may have noticed it looks a little different. We are pleased to share that we have rolled out a newly designed app.

It is easy to use and efficient, reducing the number of steps it takes to access functions to help you better manage your vehicle remotely. Also, instead of having to hold down a button to turn the vehicle ‘on’, this is now a simplified slider.

Additionally, if you have an Apple Watch, along with lock/unlock and remote start/stop, you will also be able to use the following features from your wrist:
  • Activate horn and lights remotely
  • View vehicle location
  • View fuel level and range, for gasoline-powered vehicles
  • View fuel level, battery and range, as well as total combined, for hybrid vehicles
We are also continuing to improve in-app experience with this latest version. If you notice a feature you previously used before is no longer there, don’t worry, the feature can still be accessed via your in-vehicle touchscreen.

We love to hear from our owners so let us know what you think and if you have any questions about FordPass!

Please note: FordPass® App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. 

524243.png
As a Canadian Fordpass user now when I select Canada and try to login it only has American address options with no Canadian province selections. It only showed America service dealers also. Wtf?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
Lol, the trucks been parked in the driveway for 15+ hours the keys are in the house! And Fordpass says this.

Screenshot_20240527_083607_FordPass.jpg
at least it shows your truck..mine stopped showing location, and any oil life or tire pressure
on both vehciles

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I suggest everyone leave bad review in your Google or Apple store. A flood of 1 star reviews are likely to show up soon.
Done. Good idea. Just left a review on AppStore.
Sponsored