Sponsored

okmurdog

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 KR, 3.5EB, 5.5', Platinum White
Fordpass is an app I use constantly, and switch back and forth between my truck and my wife's Explorer.

This "update" to V5 is a major backstep...why would you reduce features on the application AND make it less efficient user interface for the remaining features it does have? The only thing I think is an improvement is the slider to start a vehicle.

What was wrong with the V4 app?
Sponsored

franksfords

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150,2007 Explorer,2018 Explorer,2023 F150
Occupation
computer technician
For those like me that complained about service history not being there I found it. Select vehicle,all vehicle information,scroll down to quick links and select show all at bottom, service history is there.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
For those like me that complained about service history not being there I found it. Select vehicle,all vehicle information,scroll down to quick links and select show all at bottom, service history is there.
Yes, I found that, but apparently you can no longer make owner entrys for oil changes, tire rotations and such as you could in the previous version.

Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I drive a 2021 Powerboost, which is a HYBRID vehicle. The new FordPass app DOES NOT SHOW BATTERY nor FUEL LEVEL as you stated. It only shows range.

Please fix this. I would love to know what the charge level of my HYBRID battery is at a glance, as well as how much fuel is actually in my tank.
It’s a hybrid. Not a plug in so there is nothing to show for the battery. It’s only 1.5kwh anyway. The old app did show range and had a lot of other features.

franksfords

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150,2007 Explorer,2018 Explorer,2023 F150
Occupation
computer technician
Yes, I found that, but apparently you can no longer make owner entrys for oil changes, tire rotations and such as you could in the previous version.
I was able to add air filter replacement for my 2018 Explorer.

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Bring back Securilert... I'd like to know if someone is breaking into my truck.
I am sure this got pulled because all the dealers were getting caught lying to their customers about working on their vehicles. I caught mine several times when I called for status at the end of the day and they claimed "our service tech has been working on it the last few hours" when I *know* that they hadn't touched the truck all day!

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
Fordpass is an app I use constantly, and switch back and forth between my truck and my wife's Explorer.

This "update" to V5 is a major backstep...why would you reduce features on the application AND make it less efficient user interface for the remaining features it does have? The only thing I think is an improvement is the slider to start a vehicle.

What was wrong with the V4 app?
2nd, swiping the vehicle should change them. It's not much to ask for, I mean it's really just basic functionality that's been in apps for 8 years or longer now. It was click, select. Now it's click, swipe, select. How do they fugg up just basic stuff like this? Is this design by committee? It's certainly not designed by anyone who uses it. Gosh, it's almost like they have beta program, specifically ask for feedback and then proceed to ignore it entirely.

Internal footage obtained from ford's survey response team has been leaked!
Ford F-150 Newly Designed FordPass 5.0 App®: What to Know printer-shredder

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
@Ford Motor Company this update removes more features than it adds. Very poor decision to release this half baked version to everyone before all the features were added in to match the old version of app.

bigbulls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
I opened the new version and there really wasn't anything there compared to the old version I was using. I quickly went back to the original and said this new one wasn't for me. I was afraid the old version would be gone but luckily it wasn't. The new version is worthless IMO

Azstroke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 F250 Powerstroke
I'll be picking up my new truck in 10 days and all these comments aren't encouraging. Guess I'll keep an old school maintenance book until this gets sorted out, if it gets sorted out. I think the Marines have a term for this.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hi F-150 owners! If you recently updated your FordPass® app, you may have noticed it looks a little different. We are pleased to share that we have rolled out a newly designed app.

It is easy to use and efficient, reducing the number of steps it takes to access functions to help you better manage your vehicle remotely. Also, instead of having to hold down a button to turn the vehicle ‘on’, this is now a simplified slider.

Additionally, if you have an Apple Watch, along with lock/unlock and remote start/stop, you will also be able to use the following features from your wrist:
  • Activate horn and lights remotely
  • View vehicle location
  • View fuel level and range, for gasoline-powered vehicles
  • View fuel level, battery and range, as well as total combined, for hybrid vehicles
We are also continuing to improve in-app experience with this latest version. If you notice a feature you previously used before is no longer there, don’t worry, the feature can still be accessed via your in-vehicle touchscreen.

We love to hear from our owners so let us know what you think and if you have any questions about FordPass!

Please note: FordPass® App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. 

524243.png
@Ford Motor Company this new app is absolutely terrible, you have removed half the features I access on the old one! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX YOUR MESS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored