Sponsored

My new 2022 F150 Platinum Power Boost and the story behind it.

leftygolfer333

First Name
corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 platinum
My mother had a 2015 chevy colorado with 5300 miles(yes that's correct) stored inside garage in excellent condition started once a month. She is not able to drive anymore. I took that vehicle to my local Chevy dealer to see if they wanted to buy it. They offered me $10,000 less than kelly blue book was offering. I was so pissed at my chevy dealer especially the new sales manager for low balling me. My family has been doing business for years with them (no more). So kelly blue book found a dealer who came to the house picked up the truck and gave me $10,000 more than the dealer was offering this was the begining Feb of 2022. I was so pissed at the dealership. I went to my local Ford dealership and ordered a new F150 Platinum on Feb 15th 2022. In May my 2014 Silverado with 70,000 miles developed a gas tank leak the starter went and the fuel pump started leaking. So I was forced to trade in the truck because it was several thousand dollars for the repairs. I found a different Chevy dealer and got a 2022 Chevy Colorado $1,000 under MSRP. My new F150 Platinum was delevered on June 24th( I got real lucky only 4 months from order to delevery). So I sold the 2022 Chevy colorado with only 200 miles on it for a profit of $3,000 more than I paid for it a Dodge dealer purchased the vehicle. My Ford dealership was not interested in the truck (maybe a Ford Chevy thing) not really sure. I will never go back to Chevy the F150 is a dream to drive.

This was my Order: F150 Platinum 2022 Super crew 3.5 Hybrid 5 1/2 ft bed 4x4 701A package 7.2 kw gen Ton cover Bap package Ccd adapative steering Rapid red metalic Twin Panel Sun Roof Mud flaps Max Recline Seats Work Station 360 camera package blue cruise engine block heater. The only things that were deleted from my order were adaptive steering and max recline seats. I was lucky and got the multi-contour massaging seats(they are wonderful). The Bap package is supposed to come with dual exhaust with black tips. I got a single chrome exhaust tip(which is okay) should have gotten some kind of discount in my opionion.

Bottom line is my truck is a dream to drive so happy I switched from Chevy to Ford.
Sponsored

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
BAP, no matter what trim, only has dual black tip exhaust in the 3.5.

I have a 5.0 BAP and also got the single exhaust.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I too am getting the BAP, but on a Lariat. Pity I will have to pay for a black exhaust tip and black wheel lugs. Details make everything.

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
I also came over from GM after driving Chevy's for my first several vehicles.. first Ford was a 2005 F150 STX.. I traded in a K5 Blazer for it. I loved it but it was falling apart. I loved the 05 and it solidified that I'd probably never go back to GM again. I'm now on my 3rd F150.

Sponsored

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
I had a ‘97 Chevy Silverado, that was my first brand new vehicle. It was middle of the road trim at the time…great truck I loved it, and it served me well. Then went over to Dodge..had 3 of them an 01, an 03 and an 04. Traded the 03 dodge for the 04 because the Hemi came out…that was a very good truck for me too.

Then went back to Chevy with an 07 Silverado LTZ, which was top of the line for Chevy then. It was also a very good truck.

Then I went to a 2010 GMC Denali, and I was super impressed with that. Kept that 4 years and ordered my first truck, which was a ‘14 Denali. Beautiful truck, great new tech at the time, but the new motor didn’t seem to mate well with the 6 speed transmission in it. Kept it a year and a half and traded it for a ‘15 Denali with the new 8 speed transmission, and that was the ticket. It was so much better then the ‘14’s six speed. Kept that 4 years and it was excellent.

Then ordered my first Ford because I was finding myself liking the new refreshed 2018 F150 look more and more. So I ordered a ‘19 KR, and it was the best truck I ever owned up to that point. . I thought I’d lose some ride comfort going from the Denali to the ford, but I did not lose any ride quality. The King Ranch was fabulous. And I was very impressed at how the truck did everything well. It exceeded my expectations, and I went ford again, when I ordered my ‘22 last October, and I finally got my platinum a month ago on 6/20. And so far this thing is the next level of tech and comfort….so far I’m extremely pleased with it. And happy I stuck with Ford again for this ‘22 model.

All the brands are making excellent pick ups now. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them. However, ford seems to do extra well on their pick ups, and the innovations that ford seems to be putting into them, seems to be out front currently, making the f150 that much more attractive currently imo. But GM, Ram and Toyota are all right there making for an extremely competitive, and exciting truck market for sure.

twturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 150 Leadfoot
Occupation
contractor
What's Bap stand for & how do get the dual rear exhaust tips & not the side one

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I was predominately square body Chevy since I was 16/17 yr old.
Bought my first new one Feb 22 1979.
Had not yet turned 19.
Have owned a few since, but hung onto that 79 long bed 6200GVW.
When 2005 rolled around and the spouse totaled BOTH of my Thunderbirds, I went and bought a new Ranger XLT v6/5spd..
That thing rode like a tank, but to this day is the only vehicle I have ever sold that was not ready for the scrapper.
My 79 still resides next to the house but has been retired since about 2007.
(454/4spd/420,000mi.-this truck is done)
Bought a second hand 98 K1500 Cheyenne 5.7/5spd base truck that had spent ten years working on a ranch..
I traveled a LOT for work and rented weekly, sometimes 8weeks at a time.
The F150 was the only pickup I felt “at home” as soon as I got in it.
So, I ordered a 21 XLT 4x4 Super with 8’.
Long wheelbase specifically for the ride and short beds are a nuisance when you have something to carry.
Ive been reading about those that are just amazed at the nice rides of their Gen 14 pickups.
Im not fully agreeing with this as my 79 Chev rode just as nice as my mid 70s Chrysler ”C” body cars.
My 98 K1500 rides nicer than my new truck.
Granted, neither one of these trucks is as responsive or handles as nice, but they do absorb bumps in the road better.
Still quite fond of the new one, but have not forsaken the 98.
still fond enough of the 98 that I put power windows and locks in it after the new truck spoiled me just a bit.

Sponsored

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
I too am getting the BAP, but on a Lariat. Pity I will have to pay for a black exhaust tip and black wheel lugs. Details make everything.
You should retrofit the dual exhaust setup from EB. And then share part numbers ;)

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
You should retrofit the dual exhaust setup from EB. And then share part numbers ;)
HA! The exhaust parts may not be too bad, but the new back bumper assembly to accommodate that EB dual exhaust would suck. :)

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
HA! The exhaust parts may not be too bad, but the new back bumper assembly to accommodate that EB dual exhaust would suck. :)
I'm thinking about it. But I also hate trying to have even good paint shops try to match pearl
Sponsored