Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 F-150 XL, 2008 F-150 XLT, 2023 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Human Resources
Howdy All,

I’ve read several posts proclaiming long delays due to spray in bedliner selection since I placed my order in mid August. I have not been scheduled yet, but curious to know if any other MY 23s have been scheduled with spray ins selected? I’m considering dropping it and having line x do the job. But if it means getting the truck 6 months from now as opposed to 7, I’ll just keep the factory spray in.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I don't know if anyone could answer that with any kind of confidence.
There are SO many things that can present as an obstacle to get a new vehicle in your driveway.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
For what it’s worth, I had the spay in line and rolling tonneau installed on my 22 order. I was in production for three weeks. I suspect the extra time was for those two options, but it’s all a guess. My truck just switched to built. I’m right at six months since order.

asouza68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platnium
My buddy and I both have a Plat PB Screw with spray in liner scheduled for week of Oct. 24.

WellStruck_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT BAP
FWIW- I placed an order at the end of July. XLT 302A. w BAP (which now requires spray-in liner), 4x4, Tow Package, 360 Cam, Panoramic Roof, B&O, essentially fully optioned, etc.— Just received an email on Thursday that the truck is scheduled for production week of 11/7.

Sponsored

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor 2022 Lightning
Occupation
Anesthetist
I skipped out on it because my current one is peeling some, shiny non-prepped paint under it. I have a production date

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Who knows the outcome but I never regretted following the advice given by Chip@Granger when I placed my 2022 order:

"If you want to minimize delay risk then don't order any factory option which you can get in the aftermarket" (or words to that effect)​

Yep, the standard Line-X for my 2022 Lariat cost me a few more $ than the factory option I didn't order but having had Line-X for 16+years in my 2005 F150 and knowing how it's held-up (outstanding) the choice was a no-brainer for me. I'm also very happy to have the Husky wheel-well liners instead of the Ford factory option.

Good Luck with your order!

Matt99

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Raptor 2022 Lightning
Occupation
Anesthetist
Who knows the outcome but I never regretted following the advice given by Chip@Granger when I placed my 2022 order:

"If you want to minimize delay risk then don't order any factory option which you can get in the aftermarket" (or words to that effect)​

Yep, the standard Line-X for my 2022 Lariat cost me a few more $ than the factory option I didn't order but having had Line-X for 16+years in my 2005 F150 and knowing how it's held-up (outstanding) the choice was a no-brainer for me. I'm also very happy to have the Husky wheel-well liners instead of the Ford factory option.

I just got a quote for Line-X and it was $450. Cheaper and won’t have to wait

FTMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Titan
FWIW- I placed an order at the end of July. XLT 302A. w BAP (which now requires spray-in liner), 4x4, Tow Package, 360 Cam, Panoramic Roof, B&O, essentially fully optioned, etc.— Just received an email on Thursday that the truck is scheduled for production week of 11/7.
Do you have onboard scales also?

Sponsored

bwwF150

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BMW X7, 18 Jeep JLU, 13 QX56(23 F150 replaces)
My buddy and I both have a Plat PB Screw with spray in liner scheduled for week of Oct. 24.
Same build week here with spray bedliner for PB / loaded Lariat. A lot of other builds are week of 10/17 ... I wonder if spray bedliner pushed us to 10/24 vs 10/17?

8/25 order
9/15 confirm email
10/24 build
ETA of 11/10-16

Last edited:

Fat Vinnie

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
00 Excursion & Expedition 14 CMax 22 PB Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Received my 157” PB a few months ago. If I had to do it over again I would install the LineX and not have ordered the factory liner. My son in law got the LineX installed and yes it costs a little more but is a much better installation. The factory liner is sprayed over the bed bolts and not under the BoxLink. Looks tacky seeing the body color through the BoxLink tie downs And spraying the bolts can’t last long for medium or higher bed use.

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8

I just got a quote for Line-X and it was $450. Cheaper and won’t have to wait
Received my 157” PB a few months ago. If I had to do it over again I would install the LineX and not have ordered the factory liner. My son in law got the LineX installed and yes it costs a little more but is a much better installation. The factory liner is sprayed over the bed bolts and not under the BoxLink. Looks tacky seeing the body color through the BoxLink tie downs And spraying the bolts can’t last long for medium or higher bed use.
my local authorized Line-X dealer offered 3 levels of bed liner.
lowest tier was like $500
middle tier was like $600
top tier was like $700
i opted for the top tier because it comes with a 10 year warranty and better exterior finish than the other two.. just my 2 cents

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
i opted for the top tier because it comes with a 10 year warranty and better exterior finish than the other two.. just my 2 cents
I opted for the least expensive "Standard" Line-X for my 2022 Lariat because it ".. is warranted to not crack, bubble or flake for as long as you own the vehicle" (quote from Line-X Nationwide Limited Lifetime Spray-On Truck Bedliner Warranty Certificate, copy attached).

Having had the "Standard" Line-X in my 2005 F150 since new, and it being subjected to hauling every kind of trash, metal scrap, logs, brush, heavy-pallets of equipment and appliances slid in-an-out, etc, etc and spills of every type of fuel and fluid imaginable without showing any damage at all .... I've got no problem with the slight uniform fade from black to dark charcoal-gray after all those years of use. It's been a 'working truck' on my rural property its entire life.

I'll note that the 'black' plastic Ford OE bed-rail caps have faded similarly in the Texas sun over those 16+years of ownership, too.

I don't mind paying for extra for functionality but yeah I'm frugal when it comes to frills; to each their own, no worries!
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited: