First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
Not neccessarily. Ford a few years ago did have TSB out for some problematic multi-contour seats, that required service tech's to do some disassembly.

The reason that none of the dealers I asked about doing it is because they probably realize that without Ford's support, it would be a massive undertaking; with no guarantee that it would eventually work.

Not only would you have to disassemble the seats, and either cut-out, or replace the existing foam, but then attach these modules, put the seats back together, and re-program the car's body control module to think that it was built with these seats (as the control for them is on the main screen of the car). That's assuming that the computer which controls the actual massage functions of the seat is located in/underneath the seat, and not at some random spot in the dash.
Jason, I think we are saying the same thing. Ford won't create this "menu" item for Service because it is just too complex and too much could go wrong. AND, litigants could use this as they claim damages.
Sponsored

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
Nope. Don’t have them in my 22 either. So don’t miss it.

But all you have to do is shift the vent directional adjuster all the way to one side and it closes the vent off completely that way.
It's not the same. With the "damper" in the earlier build, you can control flow and direction. My wife could still have the air pointed at her (direction), but limit how strongly it comes at her (flow). The new vents, you must redirect or shut off. It is much better to choke down and still have air blowing on you than create dead spots with no air blowing.

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
It's not the same. With the "damper" in the earlier build, you can control flow and direction. My wife could still have the air pointed at her (direction), but limit how strongly it comes at her (flow). The new vents, you must redirect or shut off. It is much better to choke down and still have air blowing on you than create dead spots with no air blowing.
This is true. Good and fair point. 👍

Mc5601

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
Sales
Nobody has paid $xx, xxx.xx for a vehicle that hasn't been delivered.
You might have ordered steak and they brought you hamburger. But you still get to make the call.
So once the truck arrives and you look it over and decide the seats that Ford shipped it with are not tempting enough to sign on the dotted line.... Then don't.

And I wouldn't blame you either way.
(nor do I blame anyone for the need to rant)

I wouldn't buy anything that is going to irritate me enough to ruin the ownership experience.

Still, Ford isn't alone in the struggle to deliver what the consumer desires.

My problem with this idea is related to price increases. If you lock in a price on a vehicle and after several months hear about deleted features, you can't switch your order to a Lariat without taking a hit and paying the new price increase. I'd be very upset if my truck delivered missing features and now the lower trim (Lariat in this case) is $2500 more than it would have been if I ordered originally. This whole process is broken

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
This whole process is broken
I completely agree.

What broke it?

I suspect a question like that might prompt an immediate answer that wouldn't really be drilled down adequately.

If you keep drilling down you inevitably arrive to a time in recent history where none of these threads would even exist. Not on FORD forums, or GM forums, or Ram.....

Covid literally removed the shoulder wings from seats in a pickup truck. Even the missing ambient lights in my cup holders are a Covid casualty. No Covid and my drink holders would be blue in the dark.

And Walmart would have Quaker State Full Synthetic 5W30 in inventory. (The oil itself is produced, but supply chain issues with the 5quart plastic container has shelves bare)

I remind myself of these things in order to avoid being irked with my fellow human beings. Lol

Sponsored

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
The seats are my only removed option that I'm truly disappointed about, specifically losing the massage feature for a long trip. That said, I don't think these are "lariat" seats. I don't have my truck yet, but have read a lot of posts about the seats.

From what I understand, Ford has removed the air bladders and replaced them with foam. They have also changed the button from a 5 way (lumbar in/lumbar out/lumbar up/lumbar down/massage on-off) to a 2 way which simply moves the lumbar in or out. Some posts, based on parts diagram, have said the back massage was a layering of multiple air bladders (low, mid, high) over the top of a mechanical lumbar that give you the feeling of raising or lowering the lumbar.

If they removed the air bladders, I can see how this results in a lumbar support that only goes in or out. But if that is why people are saying these are now the lariat seats, then I don't think there has ever been any difference between the lariat and multicontour seats except for the air bladders, and of course the leather covering.

I'm probably just being optimistic, and hoping I like the seats when it comes. I've seen a couple posts where people hate them. I'll see when the time comes.

I guess the only way to know for sure is to look at the parts diagrams for the seats and see what's different, and then see what seat shows up in the truck and figure out what you have. But without taking the seat apart, there may not be any way to tell what's underneath.

Mc5601

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
Sales
The seats are my only removed option that I'm truly disappointed about, specifically losing the massage feature for a long trip. That said, I don't think these are "lariat" seats. I don't have my truck yet, but have read a lot of posts about the seats.

From what I understand, Ford has removed the air bladders and replaced them with foam. They have also changed the button from a 5 way (lumbar in/lumbar out/lumbar up/lumbar down/massage on-off) to a 2 way which simply moves the lumbar in or out. Some posts, based on parts diagram, have said the back massage was a layering of multiple air bladders (low, mid, high) over the top of a mechanical lumbar that give you the feeling of raising or lowering the lumbar.

If they removed the air bladders, I can see how this results in a lumbar support that only goes in or out. But if that is why people are saying these are now the lariat seats, then I don't think there has ever been any difference between the lariat and multicontour seats except for the air bladders, and of course the leather covering.

I'm probably just being optimistic, and hoping I like the seats when it comes. I've seen a couple posts where people hate them. I'll see when the time comes.

I guess the only way to know for sure is to look at the parts diagrams for the seats and see what's different, and then see what seat shows up in the truck and figure out what you have. But without taking the seat apart, there may not be any way to tell what's underneath.

I don't believe they are Lariat seats. I had a 2022 Tremor before I bought my King Ranch and I believe the seat pattern is the same minus the air bladder. The seats were still plenty comfortable and are a slightly different design than on the Lariat (different shoulder/neck bolstering)

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
I completely agree.

What broke it?

I suspect a question like that might prompt an immediate answer that wouldn't really be drilled down adequately.
This right here is the question and there isn’t a simple answer. Or even a completely honest answer. But I can say, current manufacturing— for a plethora of reasons—has been broken and depending on the type, the answers and reasons are as varied as the size and shape of needles on the ground in a forest of pine trees. I deal with it daily and I’m only a small manufacturer. It sucks for everyone, from the manufacturer, their suppliers, right on down to the final end user/customer. I empathize with all sides in the current environment.

JPSoup

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'82 CJ, '18 F150 KR (former), '22 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Sales
This right here is the question and there isn’t a simple answer. Or even a completely honest answer. But I can say, current manufacturing— for a plethora of reasons—has been broken and depending on the type, the answers and reasons are as varied as the size and shape of needles on the ground in a forest of pine trees. I deal with it daily and I’m only a small manufacturer. It sucks for everyone, from the manufacturer, their suppliers, right on down to the final end user/customer. I empathize with all sides in the current environment.
YUP!

My '18 has the massaging seats and the park assist that have apparently been deleted on my '22 and I'm pissed. I doubt that I'll have the Max Recline feature that I ordered as well. However, I'm stuck at this point and will be taking the truck when it comes. I understand that Ford can't get the parts they need to keep these options and I'm glad that I'm (hopefully) still getting my truck after 5 delays on the build regardless. The whole process has pushed and changed and it blows!

The joke-of-a-credit that I'm forced to take and the fact that I might not be able to add these back is what burns me. If I made this change after ordering and build confirmation, I'd be charged WAY more than the crappy credit Ford is issuing. I'm sure when I pick it up, I'll sign something that says I won't hold them accountable, I'm a happy little loyal Ford customer and I'll take that screwing with a smile on....

Just another sign of the times. I can't wait for them to change!

NOW...if my dealer tries to shaft me on my trade in after all this crap, we're going to have words.

KB817

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch F150
Occupation
Partner at a private equity group
So I am a little confused. I have a 2022 F150 King Ranch powerboost fully loaded with the 10 way seats but I still have the massaging feature?

The only feature they dropped from my truck is the park assist which I don’t care about and wouldn’t have used anyways.

Sponsored

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
So I am a little confused. I have a 2022 F150 King Ranch powerboost fully loaded with the 10 way seats but I still have the massaging feature?

The only feature they dropped from my truck is the park assist which I don’t care about and wouldn’t have used anyways.
The active motion removal (91X) was for orders from early May onwards. If yours was ordered before that, it would make sense that you have the massage seats.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
The active motion removal (91X) was for orders from early May onwards. If yours was ordered before that, it would make sense that you have the massage seats.
I orderd my truck on April 9th and it will be removed, per the window sticker. I think some trucks may have gotten lucky if their production date wait time wasn't long, but that isn't the case for mine. Supposedly is started production Aug 10th.

Last edited:

SilverPigeon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 KR 5.0L 157"WB RHD "Emaciated Edition"
I orderd my truck on April 9th and it will be removed, per the window sticker. I think some trucks may have gotten lucky if their production date wait time wasn't long, but that isn't the case for mine. Supposedly is started production Aug 10th.
I re-read the product offering changes of 4 May which say:
"Auto Start/Stop Removal, Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal, and Mutli-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal are now required on all new orders and unscheduled units and will include credits on the window sticker."
So it was likely in your case the "unscheduled units" phrase hit you. I'm in the same sorry boat 😕

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
I re-read the product offering changes of 4 May which say:
"Auto Start/Stop Removal, Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal, and Mutli-Contour Seats with Active Motion® Removal are now required on all new orders and unscheduled units and will include credits on the window sticker."
So it was likely in your case the "unscheduled units" phrase hit you. I'm in the same sorry boat 😕
It depends on when your truck was scheduled/built. It could be ordered before May, but if it was unscheduled, they may have removed it. So, @KB817, I suspect your truck was scheduled or built before the cut-off, and it's just taken a while for shipping.

TXSTEEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It depends on when your truck was scheduled/built. It could be ordered before May, but if it was unscheduled, they may have removed it. So, @KB817, I suspect your truck was scheduled or built before the cut-off, and it's just taken a while for shipping.
I have a down payment on a dealer order and I'm praying when ever it comes in it hast the contoured seats as originally ordered. It was ordered 11/29/21, original invoice date was 3/15/22 , blend of 3/21/22 with contoured seats and no delete. Now the invoice has been changed to 9/6/22, no mention of contoured seats in the descriptions, but also no delete either. I wished I knew why it has been sitting so long and when it will be completed.

Ford F-150 Multi-Contour Removal 1663189533002
Sponsored