• 📊 F-150 Orders List & Stats: Add Yours Inside!. The Lightning List Is Here. ⚡️
  • Announcing F150Lightningforum.com!

We're happy to announce the spin-off and launch of our F150 Lightning Forum - F150Lightningforum.com!

If you were registered here on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login to F150Lightningforum with the same username and password as here!

Multi-Contour Removal

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
I'm extremely pissed off as well 😡, ordered max-recline
Ya..that was the first to go a long time ago! We can all live without that option, but once you start removing all the lumbar and massaging options, and your seats are run of the mill…and other premium options are removed along with the seats as well, it isn’t worth paying the premiums for the big trim levels imo.

I must have just snuck in under the wire, because as I said, my seats and everything else came with my platinum, but I told my dealer before mine arrived on 6/20, if the truck arrives with lariat seats, and no navigation and/or no blue cruise, etc etc…, I will not be taking it. So I completely understand the angst/worry/frustration to see what your trucks are going to come through with/without. It sucks.

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum - ordered
I think this picture is the first one I've seen with someone receiving a Platinum with multicontour seat removal. Notice how the shoulder / head area is separate from the rest of the seat. So I think it is safe to say, at least by this one example, that this is not a Lariat seat. It is the platinum seat with the massage feature removed.

**Hopefully others with Platinums and multicontour seat removal can confirm and post pictures when they receive their truck.**

If you're on f150forum.com, here's the link to the post with more pics. https://www.f150forum.com/f129/2021...num-seats-lay-flat-503369/index4/#post7247710

Here's one of his pics.
Platinum_multicontour_removed.jpg

What he also showed is that the round button on the side of the seat is a 2 way control, for lumbar in and out. Whereas the round button for seats with massage is 5 way, up, down, left, right for lumbar and middle button for massage.

Platinum_multicontour_removed_button.jpg

From shop.ford.com here are pics of the Platinum seat and then the Lariat seat.
Platinum (without max recline option)
Platinum_multicontour_without_max_recline.png

Lariat
Lariat.png

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
Has anyone actually confirmed what is being removed?

Are we getting the usual seats with no massage function or entirely different (Lariat) seats? I'm assuming "Multicontour" refers to the seat and "Active Motion" the massage function, but the new stickers don't even specify that the seats are Multicontour.

I wouldn't put anything past Ford at this point but the idea of the seats being entirely different than the standard is abhorrent. Losing massage sucks but is tolerable to me. A Lariat seat with Platinum/Limited/Raptor badging feels wrong on so many levels.
I have a Multicontour Delete Truck -- as far as I can tell, they appear to be the lariat seats with platinum leather... that being said, these seats are by far the worst vehicle seats I've ever sat it in, so maybe they are some bastard design.

You get a 1-zone power adjustable lumbar. I've been trying to work with Ford Corporate (in Canada) for the past month since i picked up my truck -- and the consistent approach by basically everyone is that they are not at all interested in putting forth any solution to fix my truck so that I can drive without back pain, just offering to take my truck back so they can pass it off to some other poor sucker.

Last edited:

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
I would be pissed if any of my XLT options i wanted were gone, and none were as cool as whatever this is

maybe if i go to the dealer they'll give me a ford performance sticker for my XLT seat heater

1659630172284.png

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a Multicontour Delete Truck -- as far as I can tell, they appear to be the lariat seats with platinum leather... that being said, these seats are by far the worst vehicle seats I've ever sat it in, so maybe they are some bastard design.
Why do you say they are the Lariat seat. Please post a picture.

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why do you say they are the Lariat seat. Please post a picture.
Because Lariat seats have the single-zone power lumbar. My seats, from all appearances on the outside, appear to be platinum seats.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
The seat removal has me the most upset. If I had known those would be gone before I got my truck I would have ordered a Lariat. The $300 credit is a joke. How about giving me a coupon saying when the seats are available again Ford will exchange them for $300.

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
I agree 100%. Ford should come out and explain very clearly what is being removed. All this guessing by us buyers is ridiculous. What's removed, can it be retrofitted, how to retrofit, and will parts be made available to retrofit?
AMEN

In international affairs, it is called Strategic Ambiguity. I don't know what it is called in manufacturing or sales, but I know it will continue until people refuse to continue doing business this way. 40 years of loyalty to Ford and they put this joker in charge?! This will be my last Ford. Toy Otters are made in Texas. They respected the customer and did not pull the crap the others did. You can't continue to make contracts and not fulfill your orders. Toyota will be at the top of my list. #FireFarley

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The seat removal has me the most upset. If I had known those would be gone before I got my truck I would have ordered a Lariat. The $300 credit is a joke. How about giving me a coupon saying when the seats are available again Ford will exchange them for $300.
In Canada it's $375...

I offered Ford 5x that to put the proper seats in my truck...they refused. Truth be told If they told me 8x, or even 10x, I'd probably say yes. That's how bad these seats are.

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In Canada it's $375...

I offered Ford 5x that to put the proper seats in my truck...they refused. Truth be told If they told me 8x, or even 10x, I'd probably say yes. That's how bad these seats are.
Hopefully if enough people complain, Ford may be forced into a retrofit due to them rushing into a poor design change that make the seats unusable. It's one thing to remove the massage, but if the end result is a seat that causes back pain, that's not good. Especially if they are still putting the correct seats in the Lightening for marketing reasons...

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I think this picture is the first one I've seen with someone receiving a Platinum with multicontour seat removal. Notice how the shoulder / head area is separate from the rest of the seat. So I think it is safe to say, at least by this one example, that this is not a Lariat seat. It is the platinum seat with the massage feature removed.

**Hopefully others with Platinums and multicontour seat removal can confirm and post pictures when they receive their truck.**

If you're on f150forum.com, here's the link to the post with more pics. https://www.f150forum.com/f129/2021...num-seats-lay-flat-503369/index4/#post7247710

Here's one of his pics.
Platinum_multicontour_removed.jpg

What he also showed is that the round button on the side of the seat is a 2 way control, for lumbar in and out. Whereas the round button for seats with massage is 5 way, up, down, left, right for lumbar and middle button for massage.

Platinum_multicontour_removed_button.jpg

From shop.ford.com here are pics of the Platinum seat and then the Lariat seat.
Platinum (without max recline option)
Platinum_multicontour_without_max_recline.png

Lariat
Lariat.png
I believe your post is correct because it matches the images in the YouTube update from a Ford Dealership regarding options available for the 2023.
It's not a Lariat seat, but it isn't the multicontour seat from the KingRanch/Platinum/Limited either.

I was very fortunate to have gotten my Job2 2022 KingRanch with no deletes other than Park Assist and ambient lighting. (I have all the ambient lighting parts to retrofit)

I too would be VERY disappointed if I had the multicontour seat delete. But I'm convinced that if Ford could get their hands on the product they would have. It's obvious that they aren't the seat manufacturer. I'd love to hear the real backstory on this. I'm guessing that even strongarming was fruitless.

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully if enough people complain, Ford may be forced into a retrofit due to them rushing into a poor design change that make the seats unusable. It's one thing to remove the massage, but if the end result is a seat that causes back pain, that's not good. Especially if they are still putting the correct seats in the Lightening for marketing reasons...
Apparently lightnings are now starting to get hit with this as well.

Personally, I don't think there's any way they're going to offer a retrofit. Shipping 2 new seats per truck, all over the continent is going to be ridiculously expensive.... and then they're going to be stuck with a ton of extra seats that they have no use for. Shipping the parts to retrofit it, then asking their techs to start disassembling seats / redoing upholstery, incredibly labour intensive.

These trucks will be the black sheep. They'll end up biting the bullet on some and taking them back, but when sold as dealer-inventory, you don't really have that problem.

‘22Powerboost

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost, Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher
I believe your post is correct because it matches the images in the YouTube update from a Ford Dealership regarding options available for the 2023.
It's not a Lariat seat, but it isn't the multicontour seat from the KingRanch/Platinum/Limited either.

I was very fortunate to have gotten my Job2 2022 KingRanch with no deletes other than Park Assist and ambient lighting. (I have all the ambient lighting parts to retrofit)

I too would be VERY disappointed if I had the multicontour seat delete. But I'm convinced that if Ford could get their hands on the product they would have. It's obvious that they aren't the seat manufacturer. I'd love to hear the real backstory on this. I'm guessing that even strongarming was fruitless.
Snake, you’re 22 king ranch didn’t come through with the ambient lighting? You got yours before mine…how and why did they leave that out I wonder? My platinum came through with the ambient, and like you the only thing I lost was the park assist 2.0.