Sponsored

Multi-Contour Removal

3rdGenF-150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Is anyone else pissed that they removed the multi contour seats from the Platinum trim level? This essentially turns it into a Lariat and Ford only gives us a $300 credit. This is an absolute spit in the face to customers. I'm done with waiting for an over priced truck that takes way too long to get here only to have a key element stripped away. Goodbye Ford.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lensync

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl Rubicon, 2014 Nissan Titan
Is anyone else pissed that they removed the multi contour seats from the Platinum trim level? This essentially turns it into a Lariat and Ford only gives us a $300 credit. This is an absolute spit in the face to customers. I'm done with waiting for an over priced truck that takes way too long to get here only to have a key element stripped away. Goodbye Ford.
I think it's still there hardware wise... When they get the chip your dealer will install and activate your seats. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

FirstTimeFrank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I think it's still there hardware wise... When they get the chip your dealer will install and activate your seats. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I hope the option is there to pay $300 and have multi-contour seat features added back. But, I’ve never heard anything of the sort.

OP
OP

3rdGenF-150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
It's my understanding that the parts will not be there. It's not an issue of just taking it back to the dealer when they get the chips in. I would love to be wrong on that though.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
There has been nothing to indicate this is the case. It is being communicated as a feature removal.

Sponsored

GrandpaD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Platinum PB 4x4 6.5 Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Retired
According to the communique to dealers from Ford - "
  • Customers taking delivery of 22MY F-150 vehicles including Auto Start/Stop, Active Park Assist 2.0, Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion®, Max Recline Seats, Carmelo Interior, and/or Adaptive Steering must sign the attached Acknowledgement Form to acknowledge their understanding that the vehicle is not equipped with the feature(s) identified and they will not be charged for the feature(s). A copy of the signed Acknowledgment Form must be included in the deal jacket.
This "...the vehicle is not equipped..." certainly reads to me the feature isn't there and isn't going to be forthcoming.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Little over reaction, no?

Im sure you will be happier waiting 6 mo for a RAM or GM with features removed.

OP
OP

3rdGenF-150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Little over reaction, no?

Im sure you will be happier waiting 6 mo for a RAM or GM with features removed.
No, it's not an overreaction at all. When you order something and pay that much for it, you expect to get what you ordered. I ordered that trim level specifically for that function and it was stripped away and I was given a $300 refund. That is not enough for making the truck effectively a lariat. If you order a steak, you don't expect a burger and get it for $1 cheaper to make up for it.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I am trying to figure out where this $300 number came from? Is that all they paid for the options to put in the truck? or is the $300 some random number someone came up with that thinks thats all its worth. Personally I think the parts that are removed cost for more than the $300 and they are making money ontop of removing these features.

OP
OP

3rdGenF-150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I am trying to figure out where this $300 number came from? Is that all they paid for the options to put in the truck? or is the $300 some random number someone came up with that thinks thats all its worth. Personally I think the parts that are removed cost for more than the $300 and they are making money ontop of removing these features.
They are absolutely trying to make up for the 13.7% loss in sales from the 1st quarter of this year. If it is only worth $300, they are really screwing people over on the cost of upgrading for that.

Sponsored

kcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT 2.7, 2022 F150 Platinum
Years ago I had a 2013 Taurus SHO with the active motion seats and it was really nice for long road trips. My buddy had a 2017 Lincoln Continental Black Label around the same time and also had them & liked them for the same reasons.

I believe I missed the cutoff window for the active motion seats on my 2022 Platinum by a build week. Got my VIN a month before the delete was announced. However, I thought the Active Motions seats + Carmelo leather + Max Recline were all part of the same removal. My window sticker does not list Active Motion under "Interior," but still has the Max Recline Carmelo options. I do not see any credits on my sticker for anything other than Active Park 2.0 Removal.

Today's the blend date for my truck...I'm very curious to see what actually gets delivered. Part of me thinks that the massage function will be there.

I will be :( if they aren't on my build.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
I think Ford's description would have said that active motion was removed if only the massage part was removed. However, it says multicontour seats are removed.

I asked a dealer what the seats would be replaced with, and I was essentially told that the replacements would essentially be the Lariat seats. He didn't say, "Lariat seats", but he described Lariat seats.

I have also read comments here about how GM and Ram are doing the same. I don't know what Ram is doing, but that is not entirely true for GM. GM is removing options, providing minimal credit, but providing the option of having the feature enabled in the future with the exception of their super cruise. That is a huge difference. I would be fine with having an option removed with the knowledge that it could be added in the future free of change. I can almost guarantee you that adding multi-contour seats in the future will be closer to $3000 than $300.

Still, every time I get to the point where I'm ready to give up on Ford, my comparison shopping still leads me back to keeping my order. Ford is like democracy in the Churchill quote, “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”

kcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT 2.7, 2022 F150 Platinum
I think Ford's description would have said that active motion was removed if only the massage part was removed. However, it says multicontour seats are removed.

I asked a dealer what the seats would be replaced with, and I was essentially told that the replacements would essentially be the Lariat seats. He didn't say, "Lariat seats", but he described Lariat seats.

I have also read comments here about how GM and Ram are doing the same. I don't know what Ram is doing, but that is not entirely true for GM. GM is removing options, providing minimal credit, but providing the option of having the feature enabled in the future with the exception of their super cruise. That is a huge difference. I would be fine with having an option removed with the knowledge that it could be added in the future free of change. I can almost guarantee you that adding multi-contour seats in the future will be closer to $3000 than $300.

Still, every time I get to the point where I'm ready to give up on Ford, my comparison shopping still leads me back to keeping my order. Ford is like democracy in the Churchill quote, “Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others.”

Completely agree. I'm already bracing for impact when I find out how much two new seats are if I can even find them. $3000 feels about right.

Or maybe I buy just one of the two seats...let the passenger "suffer" lol

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB

It’s just the air bladder system, replaced with foam According to a senior FMC manager I spoke with two weeks ago.

for me it was a “be e to have” but not a defining feature of the Platinum trim.

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
It’s just the air bladder system, replaced with foam According to a senior FMC manager I spoke with two weeks ago.

for me it was a “be e to have” but not a defining feature of the Platinum trim.
Thank you for the clarification. That is some good news. I like the seats, but the massage part was a "nice to have" for me too.
Sponsored