First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I want to remove my rear seat so I can build some drawers & shelfs and a platform for my dog to lay on. Has anyone done this before? I searched on here but couldn't find any info. I would leave the seat belts in and latched. I thought I read someplace where it caused issues with the seat belt or airbag warning going off or lit all the time. 2022 F150 Powerboost Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Do you have heated rear seats? If yes, that 'open' connector my cause a DTC or errant rear seat heater indicator.

Otherwise, if you retain all the seat belt buckles and harness connections to those, there should be no problem, even with the belts unlatched as when you are driving without any rear seat occupants.

There are no airbags or airbag sensors integral to the rear seats.

FYI there's no 'pressure sensors' for occupants in the rear seats, the rear seat 'check for occupants' warning is based on a particular rear door opening sequence before key on, not any sensor in the seats themselves.

Hope that helps, Have Fun! :)

jasonkosi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 RCSB on order
The seatbelt buckles have connectors on them. You’ll need to unbolt them from the seat frame and plug them back in or you’ll get an airbag light.
Sponsored