SamEZ3

SamEZ3

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TLX/G8 GT Twin Turbo/GSXR 1000/Trans AM
It really depends. If there's no orange on the truck an extra color like orange stands out too much IMO. I'm more of a minimalist -- really debating what to do with the powerboost badge. There's a little tiny valley that runs around the font and might black the badge out with a little line of blue. It's a badge that, if you know, you know. Though with plans on possibly engraving the new side vents w/ the PB logo or a portion thereof, that may be sufficient.
Looking forward to see how that turns out. Love when things flow together.
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I still can't believe they put that damn radar shit on it for the BLISS. WTH were they thinking? Why not just put "This is an aftermarket tail light for the F150 truck"

They need to put that mold back into the mill and fix that. That's ridiculous. I thought that was just some dumb stuff they put in the render. All that's going to do is collect dirt and make it impossible to polish. This had to have been designed in asia. Blind spot notification has been on cars for over a decade now. just wow.

They'd be the best looking light otherwise. That's disappointing.

This design didn't wow me, but I certainly think the smoked ones would suit my truck better.

I nearly pre-ordered, but wanted to wait and I'm hopeful Morimoto will get some competition in the space, really glad I waited, I thought it would be a really easy to remove vinyl sticker or something based on renderings. No, they actually etched into the taillight, just dumb.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
They look great. Haven't gotten mine yet, I did the gray smoked ones. But did get the reverse booster

Sponsored

OP
OP
SamEZ3

SamEZ3

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They look great. Haven't gotten mine yet, I did the gray smoked ones. But did get the reverse booster
Awesome! Cant wait to see them installed. On your color smoke is the perfect combo. If I had a neutral color truck smoke would be my only choice. I think they would look perfect on black, white, silver, and grey.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Thanks, agree...I batted back and forth, decided the gray/smoke. Will post when mine come in.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
The black out looks great on your truck - wow!

Perfect timing..... I just swapped my silver head/fogs with OEM black I found on eBay. I think this just answered how I was going to black out the tails now! Thanks for spending my money ;)

OP
OP
SamEZ3

SamEZ3

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The black out looks great on your truck - wow!

Perfect timing..... I just swapped my silver head/fogs with OEM black I found on eBay. I think this just answered how I was going to black out the tails now! Thanks for spending my money ;)
Hahahaha....anytime! I know right, the forums are a gift and a curse. Gifting knowledge....cursing my bank account.

Sponsored

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
I've been lurking on the forums for a minute alot of good info...here's my contribution. I was in the early pre-orders for the Morimoto tails. I have to say I absolutely love them. I'm not new to the lighting scene as I've done proper conversions on my GSXR 1000 and wife's Edge (baking headlights, custom paint, retrofits, custom LEDs/HIDs, etc...) and I have to say these are some quality pieces. Such as the dowel guides from taillight to body are metal instead of OEM plastic. The back side appears to be molded after the stock units. Additionally the running lights are way brighter than stock, looks photoshop. What I didn't know is the lens on both the red and smoked versions are both smoked....not complaining as I like it, just an observation.

I've had them on for a week and love them. I'm in the process of removing all chrome so this matches the theme on my Lariat. In the instructions you do have to disable the rear turn signal outage via Forscan for non-Raptor LED taillights equipped trucks.

Now on to the pics..

20230326_115101.jpg

20230326_120726.jpg

20230326_120831.jpg

20230326_131937.jpg
what did you do with the OEM lights ? Will you give me a good deal to buy the right side OEM ?

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Been waiting so long for this to release as my right side is cracked!! Debatiing on red or clear for my white truck!

mdomicolo

First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ F-150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Union Electrician
I’m guessing none of these aftermarket tails are going to work with the OBS system. :(

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
that
what did you do with the OEM lights ? Will you give me a good deal to buy the right side OEM ?
that is the side I have cracked too... otherwise I would offer to buy it ....

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Does the tail light increase intensity when the brake lights come on? In the picture, they both appear to be equally bright but it also appears they are brighter than in the picture with the brake lights off. Just wondering if there’s enough additional brightness to signal following drivers.
Sponsored