Sponsored

SamEZ3

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TLX/G8 GT Twin Turbo/GSXR 1000/Trans AM
I've been lurking on the forums for a minute alot of good info...here's my contribution. I was in the early pre-orders for the Morimoto tails. I have to say I absolutely love them. I'm not new to the lighting scene as I've done proper conversions on my GSXR 1000 and wife's Edge (baking headlights, custom paint, retrofits, custom LEDs/HIDs, etc...) and I have to say these are some quality pieces. Such as the dowel guides from taillight to body are metal instead of OEM plastic. The back side appears to be molded after the stock units. Additionally the running lights are way brighter than stock, looks photoshop. What I didn't know is the lens on both the red and smoked versions are both smoked....not complaining as I like it, just an observation.

I've had them on for a week and love them. I'm in the process of removing all chrome so this matches the theme on my Lariat. In the instructions you do have to disable the rear turn signal outage via Forscan for non-Raptor LED taillights equipped trucks.

Now on to the pics..

Ford F-150 Morimoto Red Tail Lights Installed 20230326_115101

Ford F-150 Morimoto Red Tail Lights Installed 20230326_120726

Ford F-150 Morimoto Red Tail Lights Installed 20230326_120831

Ford F-150 Morimoto Red Tail Lights Installed 20230326_131937
Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Thanks for sharing, they look great on your truck!

Texas2022XLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302A
How do the reverse lights look? I was thinking of getting these…

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I still can't believe they put that damn radar shit on it for the BLISS. WTH were they thinking? Why not just put "This is an aftermarket tail light for the F150 truck"

They need to put that mold back into the mill and fix that. That's ridiculous. I thought that was just some dumb stuff they put in the render. All that's going to do is collect dirt and make it impossible to polish. This had to have been designed in asia. Blind spot notification has been on cars for over a decade now. just wow.

They'd be the best looking light otherwise. That's disappointing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SamEZ3

SamEZ3

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How do the reverse lights look? I was thinking of getting these…
I'll get a photo for you and post it up. But the reverse lights are where my standard brake lights were.

OP
OP
SamEZ3

SamEZ3

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I still can't believe they put that damn radar shit on it for the BLISS. WTH were they thinking? Why not just put "This is an aftermarket tail light for the F150 truck"

They need to put that mold back into the mill and fix that. That's ridiculous. I thought that was just some dumb stuff they put in the render. All that's going to do is collect dirt and make it impossible to polish. This had to have been designed in asia. Blind spot notification has been on cars for over a decade now. just wow.

They'd be the best looking light otherwise. That's disappointing.
Thanks man! I agree! Would have been an added bonus to have a smooth option w/o the BLIS embossed into it. But with that said at least it's all black and not a contrasting color. So it blends in at certain angles. As for cleaning, I run a detailing business as a side hustle, this shouldn't be an issue to clean. Just a regular wash mitt, no special tools, should get the job done.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks man! I agree! Would have been an added bonus to have a smooth option w/o the BLIS embossed into it. But with that said at least it's all black and not a contrasting color. So it blends in at certain angles. As for cleaning, I run a detailing business as a side hustle, this shouldn't be an issue to clean. Just a regular wash mitt, no special tools, should get the job done.
I've got a set on order and have already begun plotting it's removal.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The tails look amazing! My only gripe is red turn signals, c’mon now yellow looks slick!
It really depends. If there's no orange on the truck an extra color like orange stands out too much IMO. I'm more of a minimalist -- really debating what to do with the powerboost badge. There's a little tiny valley that runs around the font and might black the badge out with a little line of blue. It's a badge that, if you know, you know. Though with plans on possibly engraving the new side vents w/ the PB logo or a portion thereof, that may be sufficient.
Sponsored