SamEZ3

SamEZ3

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TLX/G8 GT Twin Turbo/GSXR 1000/Trans AM
what did you do with the OEM lights ? Will you give me a good deal to buy the right side OEM ?
I would if I were to sell them, but I'm one of those guys that keep all their stock parts. I have a basement full of parts from my G8.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SamEZ3

SamEZ3

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m guessing none of these aftermarket tails are going to work with the OBS system. :(
Man that would be too cool if it did light up each bar individually to identify payload capacity like the stock OBS does. This was not an option on my truck, so I can't confirm that it does or does not work.

OP
OP
SamEZ3

SamEZ3

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does the tail light increase intensity when the brake lights come on? In the picture, they both appear to be equally bright but it also appears they are brighter than in the picture with the brake lights off. Just wondering if there’s enough additional brightness to signal following drivers.
Great question. Quick answer, the framed running light is about equal brightness to the actual brake light. I did not measure the lumens output from factory to the Morimotos, or running lights to brake lights, but I can tell you from the naked eye that the running light strip that frames the taillights are way way brighter than the stock units....almost too bright to be 100% honest. Would love for it to be dialed down just a bit. As for the actual brake light itself, I would say they are equal brightness to the factory LED brake lights, just in a different orientation.

After running these for a couple of weeks, I'm happy with how they perform and work. I've had zero issues with people noticing me braking or switching lanes. I do want to mention the reverse lights are not as bright when compared to the stock units. However, I do not have any issues with this as my reverse camera more than makes up for the lesser lighting.

spiritrider1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 PB XLT Sport 4x4, 20 Mustang GT Conv.
Occupation
Aircraft Tech & Maintenance planner
Great question. Quick answer, the framed running light is about equal brightness to the actual brake light. I did not measure the lumens output from factory to the Morimotos, or running lights to brake lights, but I can tell you from the naked eye that the running light strip that frames the taillights are way way brighter than the stock units....almost too bright to be 100% honest. Would love for it to be dialed down just a bit. As for the actual brake light itself, I would say they are equal brightness to the factory LED brake lights, just in a different orientation.

After running these for a couple of weeks, I'm happy with how they perform and work. I've had zero issues with people noticing me braking or switching lanes. I do want to mention the reverse lights are not as bright when compared to the stock units. However, I do not have any issues with this as my reverse camera more than makes up for the lesser lighting.
Thanks for confirming what I suspected based on the pictures. Do they have a direct-connect plug for the wire or are they being tapped into the harness? Could it be that the tail (running) lights are using the brake light wire? I have an XLT with regular bulb tail lights which I swapped out for Sylvania Zevo bulbs. I used Forscan to change the tail light settings to LED to eliminate the dash hyperflashing. Perhaps its a combo of Forscan settings and wire connections. I'd want the running lights to be slightly less bright so the brake light intensity is more apparent, especially in bright sunlight.

Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

Order the booster. Goes above the license plate...I got one. Like $75

Plugs into taillight

mflynndelta

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 Powerboost Platinum White 7.2kw pro
Occupation
Retired
I would if I were to sell them, but I'm one of those guys that keep all their stock parts. I have a basement full of parts from my G8.
If anyone is interested in selling and OEM Platinium right tail light I am will to pay $350 for it !

OP
OP
SamEZ3

SamEZ3

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for confirming what I suspected based on the pictures. Do they have a direct-connect plug for the wire or are they being tapped into the harness? Could it be that the tail (running) lights are using the brake light wire? I have an XLT with regular bulb tail lights which I swapped out for Sylvania Zevo bulbs. I used Forscan to change the tail light settings to LED to eliminate the dash hyperflashing. Perhaps its a combo of Forscan settings and wire connections. I'd want the running lights to be slightly less bright so the brake light intensity is more apparent, especially in bright sunlight.
If I had to guess, the Morimoto are using brighter LEDs then the stock units as there is no tapping of wires, it connects directly to the OEM units via a wire harness. They also come with 2 adapters to mate to any F150 taillight setup (Raptor LEDs, LEDs, incandescent w/ BLIS, incandescent w/o BLIS). Also not sure if I was clear, but the running lights don't come on when braking, only the 4 LED lit cubes will light up, only time the running lights come on are when the parking lights or headlights are on.

OP
OP
SamEZ3

SamEZ3

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Woah, those really upgraded your truck. It ties the tint together and somehow looks newer now. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks!!! I really appreciate it!

Sponsored

Cconnss

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT-5.0L-FX4 302AHigh
Truck looks killer, nice buy! cleans up that chrome

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
Waiting for someone to post the smoked version.
I have a white/black and silver themed truck, not sure if the smoked would suit the truck or not.
The red would look more factory, smoked kind of screams "aftermarket" but could be wrong.

Last edited:

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
Occupation
Cooking burgers and hotdogs is not BBQing, it's grilling! Thx, All of Texas!
The red would look more factory, smoked kind of screams "aftermarket" but could be wrong.
That’s why I’m on the fence with a purchase. My truck is black and the OEM halogen/BLIS tails are real red, which I like over the OEM LED/BLIS tails with their silvery-ness… smoked makes sense on a black vehicle but yeah…. I’m not sure… Aftermarket-ness… 😉

OP
OP
SamEZ3

SamEZ3

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for someone to post the smoked version.
I have a white/black and silver themed truck, not sure if the smoked would suit the truck or not.
That’s why I’m on the fence with a purchase. My truck is black and the OEM halogen/BLIS tails are real red, which I like over the OEM LED/BLIS tails with their silvery-ness… smoked makes sense on a black vehicle but yeah…. I’m not sure… Aftermarket-ness… 😉
I agree, I'm not a fan of obvious aftermarket looking stuff, i like the OEM+ look. But I do think smoke would go good with the neutral colors. But like you guys, I'm definitely in for someone posting up pics so I can actually see it.
Sponsored