More Shutdowns @ Kansas City plant

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
A co-worker ordered same exact truck as me except Rapid Red and I mean everything, 3 days after me and he is driving his for a month now and his was built in Dearborn and mine got scheduled for KCAP.
Edited: 8/24 not 8/23. I should check before I post..

I feel your pain! Have been watching trucks ordered after mine pop up at my dealer while I continue to get pushed at KCAP time after time. Ordered 5/10 and have bounced around until landing on 8/24 last week….That didn’t happen and visibility report hasn’t updated. Window sticker updated today with 8/24 blend date still.

On another note why not shut down Dearborn once? Does the Powerboost have much higher profits? Im sure someone has a better guess/ answer than my uneducated guess?
Sponsored

antimatter_plat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Hybrid
Edited: 8/24 not 8/23. I should check before I post..

I feel your pain! Have been watching trucks ordered after mine pop up at my dealer while I continue to get pushed at KCAP time after time. Ordered 5/10 and have bounced around until landing on 8/24 last week….That didn’t happen and visibility report hasn’t updated. Window sticker updated today with 8/24 blend date still.

On another note why not shut down Dearborn once? Does the Powerboost have much higher profits? Im sure someone has a better guess/ answer than my uneducated guess?
Most of the higher end trims come out of Dearborn, so it would make sense if you only have a finite amount of chips you prioritize them there since the margins are better. Ford has been accused of this in the past so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case here

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Most of the higher end trims come out of Dearborn, so it would make sense if you only have a finite amount of chips you prioritize them there since the margins are better. Ford has been accused of this in the past so I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the case here
It sucks for those who ordered a higher trim but wanted one of the colors that is only in KC. You would think they would have made all colors available to Dearborn. I’m glad I’m done with it now but it was aggravating seeing Dearborn orders placed months after with almost the exact same truck other than color get built.

antimatter_plat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It sucks for those who ordered a higher trim but wanted one of the colors that is only in KC. You would think they would have made all colors available to Dearborn. I’m glad I’m done with it now but it was aggravating seeing Dearborn orders placed months after with almost the exact same truck other than color get built.
I don’t think you can order the higher trims in certain colors specifically for that reason.

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 Lariat, 2005 F150 XL, 2021 F150 PB Laria
Occupation
Material Handler
I don’t think you can order the higher trims in certain colors specifically for that reason.
I know the highest trim I could get Velocity Blue ordered in was lariat 502a high.

Sponsored

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/26/ford-to-cut-f-150-pickup-truck-production-due-to-chip-shortage.html

I know car manufacturers are all being hit hard, but why does it seem Ford seems to be taking all the punishment. They just can’t seem to build trucks in comparison to the competition (RAM, Toyota, GM) at least at a quick glance
Well I’m sure the chip shortage is being used for all its worth I personally know that the truck manufacturers and or dealerships are charging anywhere from 5k to 10k over MSRP I was at a Ram dealership looking at the new TRX and the dealership wanted 10k over MSRP I’m looking to replace my wife’s vehicle and I was looking at a Ford hybrid escape and the dealership wanted $3500 over MSRP and my nephew said his buddy was quoted $5000 over on a Silverado trail boss so the only way around this is to build and order one or the dealership is going to get a premium for the one on the lot

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
Well I have a fully loaded Agate black lariat power boost on order and I’m being told it’s going into production the first week of October and I already have a vin number so fingers crossed I get it before thanksgiving lol

antimatter_plat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well I have a fully loaded Agate black lariat power boost on order and I’m being told it’s going into production the first week of October and I already have a vin number so fingers crossed I get it before thanksgiving lol
Mine is scheduled for the week of 10/4 as well, so hopefully I'll get it early-mid november.

OP
OP
First Ford Foray

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
Well I’m sure the chip shortage is being used for all its worth I personally know that the truck manufacturers and or dealerships are charging anywhere from 5k to 10k over MSRP I was at a Ram dealership looking at the new TRX and the dealership wanted 10k over MSRP I’m looking to replace my wife’s vehicle and I was looking at a Ford hybrid escape and the dealership wanted $3500 over MSRP and my nephew said his buddy was quoted $5000 over on a Silverado trail boss so the only way around this is to build and order one or the dealership is going to get a premium for the one on the lot
I shopped around to see if there was local truck that fit my bill, but everywhere they was a mark-up. I definitely agree that dealers/manufactures are going to milk this whole situation. As it stands, Ford moving to a primarily order basis shows they know how they can maximize profits.

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
I shopped around to see if there was local truck that fit my bill, but everywhere they was a mark-up. I definitely agree that dealers/manufactures are going to milk this whole situation. As it stands, Ford moving to a primarily order basis shows they know how they can maximize profits.
Yup definitely I had to order a new truck for the buy back program because the dealerships won’t part with a truck that they ordered because they know they can get a premium for it and they’d have to wait for an new ordered one to come in it’s just bs if you ask me

Sponsored

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L V8
Occupation
Correction Officer I
Ordered 3/1, VIN 3/12, Priority 11

KCAP Build

4X4 Lariat SCREW 502A High 5.0 Coyote V8 Agate Black Sport Appearance FX4 Max Tow Package Trailer Tow Mirrors w/BLISS Electric Up & Down Remote Power Tailgate w/step Interior Work Surface BlueCruise 360 Cameras 2.0 Active Park Assist Twin Panel Moonroof Wheel Well Liners 18” 6-Spoke Gloss Black Wheels B&O Unleashed 18 speakers Pro Power Onboard 2KW Running Boards.

2021 F150 LARIAT ORDER/PRODUCTION HISTORY;

KCAP
  • 1st Schedule to Week of April 12, 2021
  • 2nd Schedule to Day May 15, 2021
  • 3rd Schedule to Week June 14, 2021
  • 4th Schedule Production Week July 12, 2021
  • Scheduled to Day (2021-07-13)
  • 5th Scheduled to Day (2021-08-05)
  • 6th Scheduled to Week (Week of Aug-30-2021 )
  • 7th Scheduled to Day (2021-08-24) First time moving forward
  • 8th Scheduled to Day (2021-08-26)
  • **** 8/17 WINDOW STICKER ***
  • WHO KNOWS; KCAP SHUTTING DOWN FOR A WEEK STARTING 8/23.
  • Jeremy at 14:24, Aug 19: It looks like your order was updated on August 16th, it states in production. But the scheduled build day is set to August 23rd.

• (This past Monday 8/23 at 6AM they left for the week and were at sequence 1200. Supposedly they run about 1000 trucks a day when at full capacity)

• 8/27; Ford Production said today, in production
  • 9/1; closed for another week which makes a total of 3 Week shutdown as of today. Next start up date is 9/13 now.

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L V8
Occupation
Correction Officer I
As of this morning ….
2021 F150 LARIAT ORDER/PRODUCTION HISTORY;

KCAP Build

Ordered 3/1 to Today (9/2)
WAITING TIME;
Months: 6 mo. 2 days
Weeks: 26 wks. 4 days
Days: 186 days
Hours: 4,463 hrs.
Minutes: 267,780 mins.
Seconds: 16,066,800 secs.

Don

First Name
Don Murray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
It is not just Ford!

General Motors to temporarily halt production of nearly all US plants due to pandemic-related chip shortage overseas

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
My oct 4 build date is starting to look like a nov date...

cant blame ford, supply chains are EFFd for everyone.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
Just found out my build date is now pushed out to 9-20.
Sponsored