First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer
I agree!! Ford should consider those who have orders in place to have the option to get a '22 vehicle for the agreed price.
Please share if any word of this gets out.
Its actually a good idea - give us customers the option to continue waiting for 2021's or to instead switch to 2022's.

Given how much pent-up demand there is in the market, and how low Dealer inventory it, Ford would have no trouble selling those rigs. Meanwhile, they can stoke their pipeline for 2022's AND keep their customers happy. Its a win-win! ;)
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I was watching The Weather Channel this morning, and I’m afraid I came across some potential bad news for trucks sitting in the notorious Ramp 59 and other overflow lots in Claycomo waiting on parts, or to be shipped.

Weatherman is calling for severe weather to rock the Kansas City/Claycomo area during the overnight hours tonight. There is also a high potential for hail when this storm system moves through.

Ford F-150 Kansas City Assembly Plant down for an additional 2 weeks 92E93ABF-B456-48A2-B913-0CB74D53A423

Ford F-150 Kansas City Assembly Plant down for an additional 2 weeks 1630EA9A-4A0D-4023-96A4-D143DCABF31B

Ford F-150 Kansas City Assembly Plant down for an additional 2 weeks 896DEC96-6DEE-4C6A-9CEB-DBA1E2718AC0

Let’s hope those aluminum bodies live up to their Built Ford Tough reputation tonight!!

Last edited:

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Pacifica Limited & 2021 Loaded Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Just more info on why I am waiting and expecting to see my March truck show up in October or........

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
At this point, those still waiting on their F-150s should get 2022 models for their previously negotiated price of their 2021 build. If their 2021s aren’t going to be built until at least June, that’s just a couple of weeks before the new model years should come out anyway. It appears they simply won’t have time to make all of these back logged and bumped 2021 orders.
I'm pretty sure that the reason they puked out all those half built trucks & parked them is because at some point they're going to have to retool for the 2022s and they won't be able to build 2021s anymore.
I don't know how long that takes but I can't imagine it's a quick process even if the changes are minor.

Just think of the logistics of sending people out to the lots to install parts they normally install on the factory line or even bringing those trucks back to the plant for that.

They have to have a pretty damn good reason for doing that. I'm sure a lot of factors go into a decision like that but I'm guessing "retooling" has to be a pretty major one.

Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Anyone hear if there is hope that the KC F150 line will open back up on the 31st or are we expecting additional down time?

UNIKRN150

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Anyone hear if there is hope that the KC F150 line will open back up on the 31st or are we expecting additional down time?
Last I heard they're running limited shifts, producing Transit Vans only.

Not supposed to go back to full shifts and into production of F150s again until June 7th.

But who knows. FORD certainly doesn't!

Roydon

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma. Shopping for a f150. Work truck f350
Occupation
Carpenter
So I ordered my F150 last week. Waiting for a ven. Number. Dealer took a refundable deposit and 450 over invoice. Stating customer orders will take priority.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
So I ordered my F150 last week. Waiting for a ven. Number. Dealer took a refundable deposit and 450 over invoice. Stating customer orders will take priority.
Don't believe that at all, lots of trucks showing up on lots right now are not customer orders

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So with the Kansas plant closed does that also mean that finished trucks that are waiting for assignment to a transport are also just sitting in the lot collecting dirt?

Sponsored

Roydon

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma. Shopping for a f150. Work truck f350
Occupation
Carpenter
So with the Kansas plant closed does that also mean that finished trucks that are waiting for assignment to a transport are also just sitting in the lot collecting dirt?
Yeah wondering the same thing that’s why I went ahead and ordered I got a Vin number today
I wanted space white hard to find off a lot anyways

F150 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Paint Horse
I think it's a safe bet that if your Truck did not ship out within a few days of it being built, it's sitting in a lot waiting on parts.

It is my understanding that the line being down does not mean everything else is down as well. Transportation to and from the lots and shipping completed trucks is not stopping.

I am not sure if they have worked out who is putting in the needed parts when they arrive. UAW needs to work that out or already has. The parts just need to arrive.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I think it's a safe bet that if your Truck did not ship out within a few days of it being built, it's sitting in a lot waiting on parts.......
I sure hope not. My dealer told me that mine was waiting for assignment and that means it is built. According to the dealer they don't assign a truck that is not finished. Who really knows?

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Looking forward to seeing where I get pushed back to in June... at least then I will have another line in my order history.... hey, I’ll take what I can get.

Doggy-Dog

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
With so many waiting for many months, I guess it would be a miracle if mine showed up in a week or two. Since yesterday(Friday)it was only 10 weeks since order was placed. Not being what I would ever call myself a "lucky person" I don't really think it will show up anytime soon. At my age, I sure hope it does arrive before I croak. Because that would really tic me off.......
Sponsored