Lost both High beams

Facemelter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Space White 3.5 S-crew. 89 Mustang Notch
Driving home last night, I clicked the multi function switch over to turn the high beams on. NO dice.

The high beam icon on the dash will illuminate, but the high beams don't actually turn on.

Checked the codes last night and it has two stored BCM B14E5 and I think it was an E7, codes stored as hard faults. Clearing was a no workie.

Anyone seen this one yet? I think my sync software is up to date at 6.3 or whatever the latest is.
Sponsored

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Given both not working hopefully you are dealing with a software vs actual headlight issue

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Driving home last night, I clicked the multi function switch over to turn the high beams on. NO dice.

The high beam icon on the dash will illuminate, but the high beams don't actually turn on.

Checked the codes last night and it has two stored BCM B14E5 and I think it was an E7, codes stored as hard faults. Clearing was a no workie.

Anyone seen this one yet? I think my sync software is up to date at 6.3 or whatever the latest is.
If you have quad headlights and just got a BCM update, it is known to screw up the headlights on some trucks with the quads. There is a TSB that the headlight modules have to be replaced by the dealer. A software mismatch.

OP
OP

Facemelter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you have quad headlights and just got a BCM update, it is known to screw up the headlights on some trucks with the quads. There is a TSB that the headlight modules have to be replaced by the dealer. A software mismatch.
Oh thats lovely. I recently received whatever the last update was too. I have an appointment with Ford this Friday to see if I can get this ironed out. Truck is still under factory warranty.

OP
OP

Facemelter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dealer had it for about an hour.
They are having to replace the headlight modules. This must have been from a crappy OTA that I received a few days prior. Thats what I get for trying to get it to update.

I head in next week for the modules to be replaced.

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Do you have the reflector/quad beam LEDs and receive a BCM update? If so, it is a known issue that it may kill one or both HCM modules and require them to be replaced.

OP
OP

Facemelter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have the reflector/quad beam LEDs and receive a BCM update? If so, it is a known issue that it may kill one or both HCM modules and require them to be replaced.
I do have the quad beam led's. I thought the BCM problem was something with the ABL projector trucks that happened during the first OTA sent sometime last year.

StangTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4, 5.0L
Interesting. I swapped my 2021 Lariat reflector LED's with a set of Tremor reflector with brand new ballasts and all I and I have no high beams. Going to check for updates tomorrow.
Sponsored