Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Hey guys,

So, having a real doozy of a week. Hopped in the truck yesterday to find "pre-collision assist not available" flashing upon startup. Thought it might just go away after a restart, it didn't. Unplugged the battery, walked away for 15 min, tried again, still same message. Dang.

I hopped on the freeway, rolled the windows up, go to crank the "max AC" and it's hot. I try all the variations of AC, and it's still hot. No AC is actually cooler. I go to hit "cruise control" – turns out it's not available w/o pre-collision. I turn off pre-collsion, turn regular cruise control on, still no cruise control.

I drive into a tunnel, the headlights turn on, but I notice the little white "auto" indicator is not an option. Hmmmm....

I happen to be driving by Glenwood Springs Ford, so I stop in and explain everything. They say, sounds like a module has gone out. They even explain another truck that's taillight was broken and his AC was out. Strange.

Anyway, they can't get me in until Sept. 8, so I've got no AC, no cruise and (I don't really care about this) no auto high beams. I really hope the rains continue because it's been in the 90s for the past few weeks.

As much as this post is a gripe sesh, I would love to know if anyone knows of a hard reset or maybe a quick solution for this? I have forscan, and am somewhat capable on that front. I also checked all the fuses, so nothing there. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks.
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Send me your vin so I can see if any codes are there to maybe help

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey guys,

So, having a real doozy of a week. Hopped in the truck yesterday to find "pre-collision assist not available" flashing upon startup. Thought it might just go away after a restart, it didn't. Unplugged the battery, walked away for 15 min, tried again, still same message. Dang.

I hopped on the freeway, rolled the windows up, go to crank the "max AC" and it's hot. I try all the variations of AC, and it's still hot. No AC is actually cooler. I go to hit "cruise control" – turns out it's not available w/o pre-collision. I turn off pre-collsion, turn regular cruise control on, still no cruise control.

I drive into a tunnel, the headlights turn on, but I notice the little white "auto" indicator is not an option. Hmmmm....

I happen to be driving by Glenwood Springs Ford, so I stop in and explain everything. They say, sounds like a module has gone out. They even explain another truck that's taillight was broken and his AC was out. Strange.

Anyway, they can't get me in until Sept. 8, so I've got no AC, no cruise and (I don't really care about this) no auto high beams. I really hope the rains continue because it's been in the 90s for the past few weeks.

As much as this post is a gripe sesh, I would love to know if anyone knows of a hard reset or maybe a quick solution for this? I have forscan, and am somewhat capable on that front. I also checked all the fuses, so nothing there. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks.
Hey Dylan , I'd be happy to look into your F150's various concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
DHBPhoto

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
For those of you following this thread, here's the current list of things no longer working. Seems to be getting worse each time I startup.

Blind spot notifications
Charge ports in center console
AC blowing hot air
Anti-collision assist
Cruise control not working, even when in normal
Light indicator on dash in wrong place
"GPS signal lost"

Pretty frustrated really, as in sure it's just a software glitch. Toying with the idea of doing the diagnostics myself. Really funny don't want to wait until Sept. 8 to get all this sorted.

OP
OP
DHBPhoto

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Latest update:

After 5 weeks, truck got Into the dealership. After another week, I got the call, they couldn't fix it. They said they have a ticket with the Ford engineers. Apparently, this is becoming "a thing" across the country. It's been a week since that ticket was issued.

I've decided to dive into the FDRS world with the help of @Jesse-Infotainment . I'll keep y'all posted.

Sponsored

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
My AC started blowing "Full Heat" through the passenger's side vents but still blew cold from the Driver's side.

I made an appointment with the dealership (for sometime in late 2025) but it fixed itself before I could get it in and 3000 miles later it's still fine.

Obviousely some kind of computer glitch but it seems more softwareish than mechanical like a "bad module".

Good luck!

OP
OP
DHBPhoto

DHBPhoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Photographer/Filmmaker
Last update:
I went through and manually updated all the modules that had updates available (not sure why the dealership didn't do this). The anti-collision unavailable notice still didn't disappear, but @Jesse-Infotainment came in and helped out. After 5 minutes, tweaking a few more settings on the backend, clearing some codes and doing his magic, my truck is back to where it should be! All the safety settings are online, my cruise is working again and my auto-high beams are shining brightly.

If I didn't go this route, who knows how long I would be sitting with a truck that is only partially working waiting for Ford and the local dealership to come up with a solution (yeah, yeah... anti-collision, cruise control and auto high beams are not necessary, but that why I paid the top dollar for my truck!).

Thanks again, @Jesse-Infotainment!!!
Sponsored