lost steering

Predator

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2019 Escape
I lost steering today while backing out of a driveway the truck was in electric mode so i stopped & turned the truck off and restarted it, same thing. So i hit the gas pedal to fire the engine only then did i get steering back. This seems dangerous to me. Haven't had a chance to call Ford yet
Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Wow, not good. Did the truck give you any warnings or messages on the screen.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
power steering is electric on these trucks. Would be interesting to see if any DTC’s are set.

Sponsored

Steve53

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 5.0 401a
Occupation
Retired
A few weeks ago my 2023 Tremor started to display "Steering Assist Fault - Service Required". Took it to my local dealer, they ended up replacing the PSCM " Power Steering Control Module". Basically the power rack and pinion. They also replaced the original 9 month old battery. The battery was only reading 771 CCA's when it should have been 800. Good luck in your endeavor.

JoeWpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1975 F250 4x4, 2021 F150 Powerboost
I lost steering today while backing out of a driveway the truck was in electric mode so i stopped & turned the truck off and restarted it, same thing. So i hit the gas pedal to fire the engine only then did i get steering back. This seems dangerous to me. Haven't had a chance to call Ford yet
I also had this happen to me (once) with my 2021 PB - it was parked on level ground. Truck was running and I could move forward/back, but no power steering. Turned off and on again, and it came back (and has been good ever since). No DTCs.
Sponsored