First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
UPS
Just got a massive audio upgrade thanks to ATA-KC.com and @Jbcaindo. He is a small biz and audio wiz. He was able to remotely tune my new DSP that I got from him. Great service!! I already had replaced all the speakers, added two Kicker Hideaway 10"s and added all the sound deadening/block off stuff from @SoundsGoodStereo (also a great biz to work with). For those of you with the B&O poop...he's got the solution that is much better bang for the buck over the Nav TV stuff. I just sent Jon the specs on my system and he built a base tune on the DSP before shipping out and he spent a while helping me squeeze out the best all around sound. I have heard things in my music I didn't even know was there. For example, I can hear the projector clearly in my truck on this song that I didn't know was part of the track:

Jon can get all the good stuff and is direct with the top brands. I highly recommend him to anyone wanting to up their audio game and also help out a small US biz.

And before you all say "OMG you can't mount gear on top of each other...", Audison actually has a kit to stack these DSP/Amps and the MoBridge creates almost no heat. I just needed to save space to be able to still use the seats. It's tight back there LOL.

Ford F-150 See ya B&O...stereo upgrade PXL_20221221_201956000

Ford F-150 See ya B&O...stereo upgrade PXL_20221221_202103844

Ford F-150 See ya B&O...stereo upgrade PXL_20221221_202540445
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I'm adding DSP / AMPs to both of my vehicles though I'm considering a glass box w/ 2 10s in the F150 or a JL 13 TW5. DSP will be an audio control d5.1300 w/ integrated amp. As I'm sure you're aware those slim 10s you've got leave much to be desired.

You didn't list your speakers you went with. Still deciding on alpine x series 6x9 components in the front with a 6.5 component set in the rear.

The mach-e is getting an 8 channel system in it while the 150 gets the 5 channel. The MME can take a 15 in it's under-floor storage area :devilish: -- I'll build glass enclosures for both vehicles though.

OP
OP

dm5point0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
UPS
I'm adding DSP / AMPs to both of my vehicles though I'm considering a glass box w/ 2 10s in the F150 or a JL 13 TW5. DSP will be an audio control d5.1300 w/ integrated amp. As I'm sure you're aware those slim 10s you've got leave much to be desired.

You didn't list your speakers you went with. Still deciding on alpine x series 6x9 components in the front with a 6.5 component set in the rear.

The mach-e is getting an 8 channel system in it while the 150 gets the 5 channel. The MME can take a 15 in it's under-floor storage area :devilish: -- I'll build glass enclosures for both vehicles though.
I have Arc audio speakers throughout. I had never heard of them before, but @SoundsGoodStereo turned me onto them and they sound great! As for the 10's, they hit hard and clean. I'm not 16 anymore with a Foxbody Mustang and a 15 W6 JL making my ears bleed. 😜

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have Arc audio speakers throughout. I had never heard of them before, but @SoundsGoodStereo turned me onto them and they sound great! As for the 10's, they hit hard and clean. I'm not 16 anymore with a Foxbody Mustang and a 15 W6 JL making my ears bleed. 😜
You still hear whispers of 'do it' -- I know you do :D

That 13" JL will fit where you got your gear at with the box consuming the back wall, and the amps / dsp / AB audio tap in the little spot under the seat. I keep my rear seats up as the back doors are simply the storage area.

The 15 for the MME would be to play down to low 2xhz, not so much raw max SPL. Being able to hit ~138dbs is just something on the table, doesn't need to be used. The car audio scene around here is cheap subs in massive boxes, vibrations and rattles be damned. I gut the interior and cover everything with acoustic materials and chase out every bit of vibration.

Now there's a trend for trucks to create boxes for the tailgate area w/ horns and various mids with zero thought given to quality. To say it sounds like complete shit is an understatement. I asked the car audio place that does it why on earth they build those horrible sounding abominations and it's "what people want".

I'm sure your setup sounds good, but you really need to get it into a shop with good analyzers to get that last little bit. Your gear is too good for 'remote' DSP tuning.

OP
OP

dm5point0

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat FX4
Occupation
UPS
You still hear whispers of 'do it' -- I know you do :D

That 13" JL will fit where you got your gear at with the box consuming the back wall, and the amps / dsp / AB audio tap in the little spot under the seat. I keep my rear seats up as the back doors are simply the storage area.

The 15 for the MME would be to play down to low 2xhz, not so much raw max SPL. Being able to hit ~138dbs is just something on the table, doesn't need to be used. The car audio scene around here is cheap subs in massive boxes, vibrations and rattles be damned. I gut the interior and cover everything with acoustic materials and chase out every bit of vibration.

Now there's a trend for trucks to create boxes for the tailgate area w/ horns and various mids with zero thought given to quality. To say it sounds like complete shit is an understatement. I asked the car audio place that does it why on earth they build those horrible sounding abominations and it's "what people want".

I'm sure your setup sounds good, but you really need to get it into a shop with good analyzers to get that last little bit. Your gear is too good for 'remote' DSP tuning.
To each their own... I'm happy 😁

Sponsored

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
No mention of price?

Sponsored

Jbcaindo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB
Occupation
Power dude.
No mention of price?
Lots of different options.
He had a majority of his system in place already. We just collaborated to get a DSP into the mix and make the front stage active vs passive so we can manipulate the stage height and really dial every single speaker in individually.

bgalakazam

First Name
Lubo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 500A Lariat 4x4 5.0L
:unsure:
No price . Unless it's less than B&O, hardly a deal to drool over. I like the B&O sound. I trust ford and B&O engineers over neighborhood shops. Most people complaining about B&O don't even listen to lossless audio...

Now, aftermarket neighborhood shops can produce great sound, but price usually gets upward of $1,000 toward $10,000 sometimes. If that's what you want in a pickup - then cool.

sippy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 platinum
I disagree....I am not an expert on tuning and plan on a 3-way active system. When researching tuning...there seems to be a some real talented people who can work magic remotely. I am lucky in that I live close to Jon...havent used his services yet...but plan on it in the future....but it wont be remote.

Another point I will make about being happy with the sound coming from the B&O sytems. There are two types of people ....ones that have had a decent after market up system and those that haven't. If you have had a decent system...its hard to warm up to the B&O. Its not the volume as much as the detail,clarity and imaging.

FYI.... I am doing kinda like OP as I have replaced all my speakers with Audio Frog GB10,25,60 in the front and GB62 coxial in the rear myself. Contray to what I have been told just replacing the speakers were a huge improvement! Keep in mind the speakers I used are well over 2K.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The 8 channel B&O in the F150 is the same setup in the MME, but the MME sounds vastly superior (still not enough though)(same amps, different speaker configs, same "sub" though). Factory systems are meh. Replacing speakers helps, but you can't get decent volume without the distortion as the amps just don't have it. That'd be like putting a n/a 4 cylinder in the F150 and only towing up 30 mph.

The "18" speaker system is better, but step one to upgrading it like all other modern systems is to get rid of the factory amp's digital feed, where most then convert it it to a 2.1 channel config. The F150 is a getting a 5 channel config and the MME is getting an 8 channel (assuming I can get the 3" in the dash to blend right with the DSP which is the beauty of a DSP in the first place).

Now, aftermarket neighborhood shops can produce great sound, but price usually gets upward of $1,000 toward $10,000 sometimes. If that's what you want in a pickup - then cool.
Just to tap the digital audio into the factory amp is $500. Dedicated DSPs start at $500, and then amps worth having also start $500 if you're powering a sub. So you're at $1500 before speakers, subs, box, and the various cabling to hook it up. Even more if you're paying someone else to do it.

Jbcaindo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB
Occupation
Power dude.
The 8 channel B&O in the F150 is the same setup in the MME, but the MME sounds vastly superior (still not enough though)(same amps, different speaker configs, same "sub" though). Factory systems are meh. Replacing speakers helps, but you can't get decent volume without the distortion as the amps just don't have it. That'd be like putting a n/a 4 cylinder in the F150 and only towing up 30 mph.

The "18" speaker system is better, but step one to upgrading it like all other modern systems is to get rid of the factory amp's digital feed, where most then convert it it to a 2.1 channel config. The F150 is a getting a 5 channel config and the MME is getting an 8 channel (assuming I can get the 3" in the dash to blend right with the DSP which is the beauty of a DSP in the first place).

Just to tap the digital audio into the factory amp is $500. Dedicated DSPs start at $500, and then amps worth having also start $500 if you're powering a sub. So you're at $1500 before speakers, subs, box, and the various cabling to hook it up. Even more if you're paying someone else to do it.

I offer, and have done, a2b integration with dsp solutions for people who already have lc7i's tapping the oem wiring harness to decent amps, for less than $1,000, with multiple hours of one on one live tuning.

They too are very satisfied customers.
Sponsored