Sponsored

Locking Fuel Door\Cap to Keep High $$$ Gas Thieves Out!!

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
I don't know if you've ever tried but it's absolutely impossible to siphon anything out of your tank due to the baffles in the tank where the filler neck enters. I tried when I needed gas for a generator during a hurricane last year!
The easiest why to steal gas is to punch a hole in the plastic tank under the truck and fill cans, real easy on lifted trucks. For protection from this I put a 1/4" aluminum skid plate under the tank end to end and rolled up on the sides it now protects the entire 36 gallon tank. Or a $162.00 of fuel at 4.50!
But can’t they just drill through the aluminum? I guess 1/4 inch is a bit of a deterrent though. Kinda like locking a bike. They can still steal the bike by cutting the lock but easier to move on to one that isn’t locked up.
Sponsored

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
That doesn’t fit a 2021 F150.
According to Ford's own fitment chart, that part fits recent year Rangers and the Lincoln Nautilus only.

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
So my comment on this thread..... Even if fuel spout is tough to get gas out of, oft times the damage done by the malevolent individual trying to get that gas out will likely cost more than that tank of gas to have repaired. In my mind, the locking fuel cap/plug is just one more way of saying move on .... nothing to see here.

Jimalt

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Platinum PB 157” FX4 Max Tow
Occupation
Service
Has anyone found a locking cap\fuel door to keep gas thieves out? With gas prices going up we are seeing more scumbags trying to steal it. I know if someone wants it bad enough they will drill the tank or pry it off but didn't know if anything was out their to secure our "easy fill \ easy steal" setups.
Anti siphon filler necks have been a law for 30+ years. There is a poly ball in the filler neck that gas goes around…no one has been able to siphon gas from anything but a lawnmower in decades. Even my 2003 boat and 2008 camper have them damn filler necks. Would love to siphon out the gas before winterizing so I can put fresh gas in…

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
It wasn't so long ago if a thief was caught (except for food) a hand would be chopped off. .

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
Am I missing something? My fuel door has to be opened from inside the truck...
Right?

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
Dang. Y’all got fuel door latches in the cab? Mine just pulls open. LOL

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Dang. Y’all got fuel door latches in the cab? Mine just pulls open. LOL
Powerboosts (PB) have a locking gas cover. It is the only Gen 14 with one. Pity really as this should just be a standard feature for all.
Sponsored